2012 NFL week by week Uniform Match-ups thread

canzman

Remember when Vikings-Packers used to look awesome? <_<

I hope Nike murders Minnesota's current set this offseason.

I never liked Minnesota's throwbacks. It was always more of a blueish-purple than a purple-purple. I'm one of the few who likes the newer template that Reebok designed.

The purple they went to with the uniform change around 5 years ago looked great to me, only thing is that Nike ruined them this season by those toilet-seat collars and the jerseys colors weren't consistent by the different pieces sewn together which made up the jerseys as a whole.

• Replies 774
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I could also see Seattle wearing the all wolf-gray, if not then their white with either navy or wolf gray pants. Will be surprised if they went all-white.

They were 3-5 on the road, and scored 50 in Toronto wearing the solid wolf-gray, so that combo would be my # 1 guess for the game at the Redskins on Sunday...

I believe that there are rules against wearing alternates in the playoffs unless approved by league. That was the case with the Chargers when they wore powder blue against the Colts. They had to get league approval

Go A's!

I dunno Dennis, there's been alot of guarantees around here lately that haven't come to pass. I myself like Baltimore better with the white pants when they wear their purple jerseys, but to each their own.

I could also see Seattle wearing the all wolf-gray, if not then their white with either navy or wolf gray pants. Will be surprised if they went all-white.

Per a pic I just saw, the Ravens will be in purple jerseys and black pants today.

The Hawks are a tougher call. My guess is that they go all white, since the last time they wore that combo (and the only time they have worn it all year) they won in Chicago. Their last win in the white jerseys was with the white pants, so I'll go with that.

But they could litereally go with any of the three pants combos and I wouldn't be surprised.

The call on Houston next week in all white is a bit of a shot in the dark too. But I was surprised they went all steal blue yesterday (since they only used that combo once all year) and since New England beat them by about 100 points a few weeks ago, I'll say they try and switch up the karma and go all white in the 2nd matchup.

And yes, I think the uniform "good luck/bad luck" thing is pretty silly. Not sure that the color of pants really means much on why a team loses one game and could win the next game. But there are a lof of superstitious people out there looking for some sort of mental advantage.

Of course, Houston could really go wild and bring out the red pants on the road for the first time ever. A look, that I think, would look really good on them, BTW. But that probably has about a .0000000001% chance of happening. Maybe next season, they finally trot this look out in Indianapolis. Nothing else they have tried has worked in Indy in their history. Might as well try that out.

Any word yet on the Seahawks combination for today?

I'm surprised the Redskins only wore their 80th anniversary of the 1937 throwback with that cool looking simulated leather helmet for only one game this season.

Maybe they'll wear it again next season as their alternate.

Agree on Ray Lewis' facemask ... I hate all those face-masks like that.

the all white look ok. I'd like the Seahawks look better without the Seahawks Clavicle stripes.

Seahawks are in all-white today in our nations capitol ...

Should of selected the navy pants ... would be good contrast opposite the Redskins yellow pants IMO

68f69b0b54cac4e5e7b1bd151f262909.jpg

I am sore,wounded, but not slain

I will lay down and bleed a while

And then rise up to fight again

Should of selected the navy pants ... would be good contrast opposite the Redskins yellow pants IMO

They need some neon green on the pants.

"Of course, that's just my opinion. I could be wrong." Dennis Miller

Remember when Vikings-Packers used to look awesome? <_<

I hope Nike murders Minnesota's current set this offseason.

I never liked Minnesota's throwbacks. It was always more of a blueish-purple than a purple-purple. I'm one of the few who likes the newer template that Reebok designed.

Is the color your only beef with the throwbacks? It's easily fixed.

Old template plus current colors would move them out of the bottom four and back to the top of the League.

agree, maybe those native american symbol strips could be green. Helmet could use some green too.

They need some neon green on the pants.

I am sore,wounded, but not slain

I will lay down and bleed a while

And then rise up to fight again

Texans said they are wearing white jerseys which I figured they would but interestingly enough once asked which pants they are wearing they got tight lipped?...do y'all think they might pull out the whites to go along with last weeks all deep steel blue uniform? As a texans fan I'm hoping they do!!

Texans said they are wearing white jerseys which I figured they would but interestingly enough once asked which pants they are wearing they got tight lipped?...do y'all think they might pull out the whites to go along with last weeks all deep steel blue uniform? As a texans fan I'm hoping they do!!

I hope so! Give it to us!

Go A's!

Niners-Packers >>>>> all.

Quite possibly my least favorite uniforms in all sports.

(I absolutely hate the Seahawks new uniforms as well, in case anyone accuses me of only liking modern designs.)

Archived