2012 NFL week by week Uniform Match-ups thread

canzman

Before Seattle changed their uniforms and tweaked their logo coloring this season they actually DID wear the white pants with their gorgeous pacific blue jerseys, for at least 1 game that serves my memory.

Season opener 2005, SEA at JAX .... Jax went all-white .... and the Seahawks wore their white pants with their Pacific Blue jerseys.

11-Sep-2005 .... Seattle at Jacksonville (Jax 26 - Sea 14)

82902258_display_image.jpg

Best Seahawks uniform ever, IMO. If they had simply ditched the monochrome and gone with this look full-time at home, easily in the upper tier of NFL uniforms.

Also, I've determined (and am trying to work a concept out of it) that the Rams need to take the throwbacks, move the numbers to the shoulders (they just aren't looking right on the sleeves anymore with how short they are) and update the colors to navy and a flat, non-metallic old gold. No outlines around the numbers either. If they had to lighten the gold just a tad to do that, so be it.

• Replies 774
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Thank goodness that Seahawks denim blue is gone. Looked like we were wearing jeans and jean jackets. Many of us up here greatly disliked that color.

Their new all-white looks beautiful today!

Give me their old color any day as current color just adds too much navy to the NFL. As far as the white uniforms today, thanks but no thanks. They should either wear the blue or gray pants on the road and retire these white ones.

spacer.png

Toilet seat necklines for the Rams throwbacks. Very ugly.

Actually because of the pointy ends of the horns on the sleeves, the sharp ending to the yellow collar works. What I don't like is the pointless tradition pant stripes. Doesn't mesh with anything on the uniform.

Here's a rough, and I stress rough, concept of what I think the Rams should do. I didn't spend a ton of time on the horns on the sleeve or the front of the helmets. I just did enough to kind of give the idea of what I wanted to see. Main differences, other than colors and numbers on the shoulders, from the originals are I reversed the "gold" and "blue" on the white uniform sleeves. The originals were blue horns, yellow sleeves. I feel this gives some consistency as the horns are gold on both jerseys and helmet. I also ditched the white stripe on the pants in favor of the gold. Makes them fit better with the home jerseys. Still look fine enough with the whites.

RamsConcept.png

Actually, looking at the Rams' helmet, navy/yellow could work really nicely for them. Navy/old gold is pretty blah (especially in that dome), but bright yellow contrasts it enough to look really nice.

Spurs2017_HomeSignature.png.d781df3b4d5c0e482d74d6a47c072475.pngDortmund2017_HomeSignature.png.277fd43b7b71e5d54e4c655f30c9a1e6.png

Actually, looking at the Rams' helmet, navy/yellow could work really nicely for them. Navy/old gold is pretty blah (especially in that dome), but bright yellow contrasts it enough to look really nice.

So something along the lines of this:

RamsConceptBG.png

I personally prefer the vintage look that the old gold gives the set, but navy/athletic gold does look pretty good as well.

Toilet seat necklines for the Rams throwbacks. Very ugly.

Actually because of the pointy ends of the horns on the sleeves, the sharp ending to the yellow collar works. What I don't like is the pointless tradition pant stripes. Doesn't mesh with anything on the uniform.

I guess it's just me wanting it to be as historically accurate as possible.

It looked like the Seahawks did wear the third jersey today.

White is not a third jersey.

Go A's!

I honestly don't see anything wrong with the rams uniforms. I think they're a really solid set, any combo.

I think the throwbacks are very overrated. Not bad just overrated.

And the eagles uniforms are very sweat stained, nikes get sweat stained but it's isolated to certain areas and the rest of the uniform really keeps its true color. So I guess it's a problem other way.

Take the Ram's throwbacks, put them in the new color scheme, maybe toss a kind of horn style thing on the pants (maybe, maybe just keep the old school stripes), and boom. Great uniform. The throwbacks are better than the currents because of the horns on the sleeves, but the Blue/Gold colors are miles ahead of the Blue/Athletic Gold colors

Anyone seen the Rams midfield logo today or have a pic of it? Something looks off about it. The eye of the ram seems huge today.

I could just be crazy.

I knew I wasnt the only one that noticed that! dyug0k.jpg

The nose also looks a tad bit different.

st-louis-rams-logo.gif

Take the Ram's throwbacks, put them in the new color scheme, maybe toss a kind of horn style thing on the pants (maybe, maybe just keep the old school stripes), and boom. Great uniform. The throwbacks are better than the currents because of the horns on the sleeves, but the Blue/Gold colors are miles ahead of the Blue/Athletic Gold colors

I'd go just the opposite. The new design, when there were gold pants, is pretty solid, but the color scheme is horrible... especially in a dome. Royal/athletic gold is a great... not good, GREAT color scheme.

Archived