2012 NFL week by week Uniform Match-ups thread

canzman

FTR: Seattle's best uniform combo, by a mile!

ap6552977019.jpg

They should be wearing these at home games instead of the monochrome.

I still like the prior shade of blue alot more. I'd like to ask 'Colorwerx' what was the name of that blue, what was it known as?

seahawks_prior.jpg

• Replies 774
  • Created
  • Last Reply

ap6552977019.jpg

This uniform is not impossible to fix. Here's what you do; Change the pattern motif inside the pants stripe to green, change the jersey numbers to white, add a green outline to the TV numbers, lose the tiny pattern within the numbers and on the helmet (if a detail is so small it can only be seen by the player wearing it, I don't need it), and you're left with a more color balanced look (navy, white, gray, and green evenly distributed), that's still interesting and still cutting edge.

Also, I'd suggest burning the navy pants... Seattle has proven they can't be trusted with a dark pants option and should have their mix-n-match privlages taken from them. However, if you can get them to agree to only wear the pants with white or gray jerseys, they could wear the navy pants with a white sock that has stripes that echo the upper chest stripes.

FTR: Seattle's best uniform combo, by a mile!

ap6552977019.jpg

I hated this look when I first saw it but it is growing on me more and more. I just wish the wing stripe pattern on the pants were in green as I believe it would better.

spacer.png

Isn't it about time the Ravens wore their black alts?

They usually wear them twice a season. Haven't worn them once yet this year.

I'd say they wear black jersey's with white pants this week against Pitt and black jersey's with black pants against the G-Men later in the year.

As you were guessing . . . .

From the Ravens website --

Dust off those black jerseys at home.

The Ravens will wear their black alternate jerseys for the first time this season for Sunday’s showdown with the Pittsburgh Steelers at M&T Bank Stadium.

“Man I've been waiting to wear those black jerseys all year,” wide receiver Jacoby Jonesicon-article-link.gif said. “That black is pretty solid. It’s mean. It makes a statement.”

The Ravens have held off wearing the popular black jerseys up to this point, despite already having four primetime night games, where they often go with the alternate look.

Baltimore wore the black jerseys twice last season, for primetime games against the San Francisco 49ers and New York Jets. The Ravens won both of those games.

The Ravens are 9-2 all time in black jerseys, including 6-0 under Head Coach John Harbaugh.

Teams are allowed to wear their alternate uniforms twice a year, and not during the playoffs. The Ravens have worn black jerseys twice a year in each of the last four seasons.

This will be the first time the Ravens have donned the black uniforms since the NFL switched to Nike as the league’s on-field apparel supplier. Like they did with the white and purple jerseys, the Ravens maintained the same overall look for their black alternates.

There is no word about the pants in the article.

http://www.baltimoreravens.com/news/article-1/Ravens-To-Wear-Black-Jerseys-Sunday/6db172cd-c7c6-4d19-b347-854b181462f0

Most Liked Content of the Day -- February 15, 2017, August 21, 2017, August 22, 2017     /////      Proud Winner of the CCSLC Post of the Day Award -- April 8, 2008

Originator of the Upside Down Sarcasm Smilie -- November 1, 2005  🙃

When are the Seahawks going to wear their wolf gray?

Where did this "wolf gray" thing come from? Is that what the Seahawks are calling it, officially?

It doesn't look any different to me than the gray worn by the Giants or the Lions (Colorwerx!!).

If its just a name they pulled out, why wolf?

Where did this "wolf gray" thing come from? Is that what the Seahawks are calling it, officially?

It doesn't look any different to me than the gray worn by the Giants or the Lions (Colorwerx!!).

If its just a name they pulled out, why wolf?

I'm not 100% positive, but I think "wolf grey" is a Nike thing.

They are not gonna wear them. They were just made to sell. Teams can't wear colors like that in actual games. It's too close to white.

That's nonsense.

NE had sliver-gray alternate jerseys in the early to mid 00's ..... they wore them as away uniforms with their navy pants and the opponent wore their colored home jerseys, like when Dallas played at NE and they wore their rarely used navy jerseys with silver pants.

If Seattle wants to wear them they can, if so their opponent will have to wear their home uniform.

Archived