2012 NFL Season Thread

BlueSky

• Replies 4.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Chris Kluwe's a funny dude. It's like one of those "When you see it" things.

8258777512_50dc04e1b9_z.jpg

Roger Goodell is not laughing, I wonder how much Kluwe will be fined for this one. Sad what Commissioners in all sports have become

ecyclopedia.gif

www.sportsecyclopedia.com

For the best in sports history go to the Sports E-Cyclopedia at

http://www.sportsecyclopedia.com

champssigtank.png

On 8/1/2010 at 4:01 PM, winters in buffalo said:
You manage to balance agitation with just enough salient points to keep things interesting. Kind of a low-rent DG_Now.
On 1/2/2011 at 9:07 PM, Sodboy13 said:
Today, we are all otaku.

"The city of Peoria was once the site of the largest distillery in the world and later became the site for mass production of penicillin. So it is safe to assume that present-day Peorians are descended from syphilitic boozehounds."-Stephen Colbert

POTD: February 15, 2010, June 20, 2010

The Glorious Bloom State Penguins (NCFAF) 2014: 2-9, 2015: 7-5 (L Pineapple Bowl), 2016: 1-0 (NCFAB) 2014-15: 10-8, 2015-16: 14-5 (SMC Champs, L 1st Round February Frenzy)

This week will be the latest into an NFL season that has 6 games between teams with winning records. Really solid year of football.

It's just too bad we can't get rid of the Titans/Jets on MNF here in a couple weeks.

JETS|PACK|JAYS|NUFC|BAMA|BOMBERS|RAPS|ORANJE|

Just knowing that the Packers are going to take the division title in Soldier next week makes me sick to my stomach. The Bears are down there among the most broken franchises in football, and if heads don't roll in the offseason, it's clear to me that they're content w/ the status quo of mediocrity that they've achieved.

Honestly, I'm not even sure I want the Packers to win next week. I still remember what happened in 2004 when the Packers swept the Vikings during the season, but had to play them again in the playoffs (the game with Randy Moss' notorious "fake moon"). Its hard as hell to beat ANY team 3 times in a year, let alone a division rival. Since there's a pretty decent chance the Packers and Bears will meet in the playoffs, it might be best not to show them anything this week.

Just knowing that the Packers are going to take the division title in Soldier next week makes me sick to my stomach. The Bears are down there among the most broken franchises in football, and if heads don't roll in the offseason, it's clear to me that they're content w/ the status quo of mediocrity that they've achieved.

Honestly, I'm not even sure I want the Packers to win next week. I still remember what happened in 2004 when the Packers swept the Vikings during the season, but had to play them again in the playoffs (the game with Randy Moss' notorious "fake moon"). Its hard as hell to beat ANY team 3 times in a year, let alone a division rival. Since there's a pretty decent chance the Packers and Bears will meet in the playoffs, it might be best not to show them anything this week.

Two years ago the Bears decided not to show anything in Week 17 and lost to the Packers, letting them into the playoffs. Then the Packers came into Soldier Field and put the Bears away in the NFC Championship. I'd always take the win in the regular season and worry about the playoffs when you get there.

Wordmark_zpsaxgeaoqy.jpg

Our defense and offense didnt show up today.

So basically the whole team didn't show up? Crazy...

Also, all the pressure of semi-playoff contention was finally off the Chargers, so they had their annual fluke win over a better team.

I think this will finally be the year the Chargers send Norv packing.

But it's going to be so hilarious when they hire Andy Reid.

PvO6ZWJ.png

Our defense and offense didnt show up today.

So basically the whole team didn't show up? Crazy...

Also, all the pressure of semi-playoff contention was finally off the Chargers, so they had their annual fluke win over a better team.

The Chargers, despite their record, have scored more then they've allowed. They've also blown games they've had in the bag (Denver, Tampa Bay) or they've played down to the level of their opponents that they could have beaten had they given even the tiniest of craps that day (Cleveland). This team isn't as bad as their record shows. They have the talent needed to contend for a playoff spot, they're just terribly coached and terribly managed.

That's what's made this so frustrating. The 1-15 season was easier. That team just sucked. This team could be good, they just blow it seemingly every week.

I don't get bemoaning the win over the Steelers though. The season's over for all intents and purposes. I'll enjoy the upsets when I can get them.

Chris Kluwe's a funny dude. It's like one of those "When you see it" things.

8258777512_50dc04e1b9_z.jpg

Roger Goodell is not laughing, I wonder how much Kluwe will be fined for this one. Sad what Commissioners in all sports have become

Have become? You think Kennesaw Mountain Landis would have said "Go ahead, son. You just keep writing those slogans on your flannels"? Would Pete Rozelle have thought it just ducky if Bart Starr wrote an ode to Kent State on the side of his helmet?

I think Goodell will come down on Klewe to the tune of five or ten grand. As he should; a uniform is no place for individual political statements.

That having been said - ye gods, Chris Klewe is all manner of awesome this year.

Archived