Washington Redskins

AnthPollock

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

i think a cool idea to do would be to take the headress and make it the helmet design like the players are wearing one. i dont think that a face on a helmet really works right here

+1. Totally agree and was going to say the same thing.

UyDgMWP.jpg

5th in NAT. TITLES  |  2nd in CONF. TITLES  |  5th in HEISMAN |  7th in DRAFTS |  8th in ALL-AMER  |  7th in WINS  |  4th in BOWLS |  1st in SELLOUTS  |  1st GAMEDAY SIGN

i think a cool idea to do would be to take the headress and make it the helmet design like the players are wearing one. i dont think that a face on a helmet really works right here

+1. Totally agree and was going to say the same thing.

Yeah everyone says that, and a few have tried... but I've yet to see it executed with any flair. It's one of those designs that everyone thinks "should" work, but no one who's tried it has found a way to actually "make" it work.

Yes it could be argued that this design is just another interpretation of a native american's profile, but it's well executed and works. Would the skin's actually chose it over what they have? Probably not but only because they have to much invested in their current ID and this one's not that big of a departure from what they have to make the change worthwhile. But a small college or high school would probably jump at the chance to use it, as it's original enough to be different to all the standard cookie cutter ones that helmet decal firms pump out or steal year on year.

It's not hugely groundbreaking but I like it, it's well executed and it does the job, which is a lot more than I can say about the vast majority of the attempted "headdress" helmet concepts I've seen.

9erssteve

9ersstevesig.png

2199put.jpg

Great concept for the Skins!

I'm trying to decide between A and C...leaning towards A because of the W.

It looks good on the helmet too but I think I still prefer the current logo. Are you planning on outlining the numbers on the jerseys? The font looks like it would work well but needs outlines.

What about this idea? Use that Indian head on the sleeves like the 1930s Skins used...and do a spear on the helmet or better yet, a modernized 1960s feather helmet in new colors?

87Redskins.png

Great job on this. It could work for any Native American-themed team. The only thing missing in my opinion is the Redskins circle with feathers which separates the Redskins logo from all the other Native American teams that simply have a profile view of the head. But anyway, what you have is really clean and professional.

Archived