Art Modell, former Baltimore Ravens and Cleveland Browns owner, dies at 87

PittsburghSucks

It's barely 7:45 am and my facebook newsfeed has two statuses about his death. Each one has 6 likes.

Liking death, c'mon. He never killed anyone.

Plainly put, some people are retarded. I week ago a Cubs fan friend of mine posted on Facebook "I can't wait for Hawk Harrelson to die. C'mon cancer!" Someone responded, "I'm telling you, I am going to throw a party when he finally dies." Sports. Serious business.

OldRomanSig2.jpg

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It's barely 7:45 am and my facebook newsfeed has two statuses about his death. Each one has 6 likes.

Liking death, c'mon. He never killed anyone.

Plainly put, some people are retarded. I week ago a Cubs fan friend of mine posted on Facebook "I can't wait for Hawk Harrelson to die. C'mon cancer!" Someone responded, "I'm telling you, I am going to throw a party when he finally dies." Sports. Serious business.

On Twitter, I've already read a handful of Cleveland fans post about wanting to roadtrip it to Modell's gravesite...... Not that Cleveland fans have anything better to do. <_<

6uXNWAo.png

I assume you're from the "if you don't have anything nice to say" school of thought? Because frankly I'm not surprised at all at this reaction. You would have had the same reaction out of Baltimore fans when Bob Irsay died had social media existed. And you'll get the same reaction out of Houstonians when Bud Adams kicks the bucket. And it's not entirely undeserved.

I have mixed feeling about Modell. On one hand, he took away the Browns from the loyal fans of Cleveland. On the other hand, he gave back pro football back in Baltimore and built a title-winner and contender in the Ravens.

RIP Art Modell

Orlando%20Magic_zpsjn8kx3lf.png

As a ravens fan, I am sad to see that Art is gone. He did give Baltimore a football team, its just ironic the way that we got it is the same way Baltimore lost the Colts. Art gave a city more than a team, he gave me a chance to love football again. There was no way I was rooting for the Skins during Norv's reign of terror.

Thank you Art.

baltimoreravens.png

I assume you're from the "if you don't have anything nice to say" school of thought? Because frankly I'm not surprised at all at this reaction. You would have had the same reaction out of Baltimore fans when Bob Irsay died had social media existed. And you'll get the same reaction out of Houstonians when Bud Adams kicks the bucket. And it's not entirely undeserved.

I never said I was surprised. I expected it. Still, part of me has faith in humanity to let the dead rest in peace.

spacer.png

I know a lot of weird Browns fans are secretly high-fiving one another over this; despite that nonsense it's certainly a sad time for his family and the Ravens fans to whom he built a

title team.

A HAPPY DAY IN CLEVELAND!!!!!! ROT IN HELL ART MODELL!!!!

BRING BASEBALL BACK TO MONTREAL!!!!

MON AMOURS SIEMPRE!!

Every fanbase that has ever lost a team has angry fans. But at the end of the day, it's only a game. A man lost his life and a family lost a loved one. Something like this should be handled with respect. Cleveland has a team, so people need to get over it and you really have no right to call an entire city classless just because of some idiots on facebook or twitter. Tell me no fans in Seattle or Atlanta have negative feelings over losing their teams.

I'd rather spend an eternity in hell than live in Cleveland. Just sayin.

Have you ever been to Cleveland and spent time in the city? Believe it or not, it's not as :censored:ty of a place to live as most of you make it out to be. I'd rather live in Cleveland than in :censored:ing Indiana.

6fQjS3M.png

I'd rather spend an eternity in hell than live in Cleveland. Just sayin.

You're not funny or cool. Just sayin.

Don't you have some booing to do?

6uXNWAo.png

Archived