2013 MLB Logo and Uniform Changes

TheOldRoman

BP CAP UPDATE

I am holding one of the new BP caps in my hand (the Astros). I got it at the team store today. I don't know if this is true for the other teams, but in the case of the hats that the Astros were selling at Minute Maid, the BP cap fits a size BIGGER than labeled. I normally wear a 7-1/2, and I had to buy a 7-3/8 in the BP. I tried on a new Astros regular game hat to make sure about the sizes. So buyer beware if you are getting them online and not in store.

Also, they are high crown as hell, but I tried on a dozen of them and found a couple to be less high crown than others.

The material is more like the last round of BP caps than the early 2000's mesh. It feels pretty lightweight.

Just got my Brewer's Alt BP cap, and you are right, they do run a little big. I ordered a 7 3/8 and it fits looser than that size normally does.

• Replies 3.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I don't like a high-crowned cap. I'm a 7 5/8, so my head's big enough already. Ripping out the backing gives it a softer appearance, more like a cap from the 1950s or 60s.

As to the "how", it's really very simple. Locate some of the black plastic struts with a tweezers and start pulling them out. You get enough out and the backing just lifts off. There's a video tutorial out there somewhere.

I wear a size 8, so this is very much appreciated.

BP CAP UPDATE

I am holding one of the new BP caps in my hand (the Astros). I got it at the team store today. I don't know if this is true for the other teams, but in the case of the hats that the Astros were selling at Minute Maid, the BP cap fits a size BIGGER than labeled. I normally wear a 7-1/2, and I had to buy a 7-3/8 in the BP. I tried on a new Astros regular game hat to make sure about the sizes. So buyer beware if you are getting them online and not in store.

Also, they are high crown as hell, but I tried on a dozen of them and found a couple to be less high crown than others.

The material is more like the last round of BP caps than the early 2000's mesh. It feels pretty lightweight.

Just got my Brewer's Alt BP cap, and you are right, they do run a little big. I ordered a 7 3/8 and it fits looser than that size normally does.

Well, the caps are made in China and they are known to be slightly bigger than those made in the USA. Whenever the cap is made in China, I always get a size smaller

Go A's!

In the scrolling newsfeed on the Mariners' home page, one of the headlines is backed with a picture of Jeremy Bonderman, whose BP cap appears to have the "classic" white sweat stain look. Can that actually happen with the new Diamond Era technology? Say it ain't so! :angered:

From San Berdoo to Kalamazoo.

http://www.tampabay....w-bpspring-caps

Can anyone shed some light on the "alternate" light blue Rays cap? (That's the one I really want). It's not on MLB Shop, Lids, or anywhere for that matter. I don't even see it mentioned anywhere except the article (which has been discussed here). I re-read uniwatch's article and they said they have 36 caps this season. The Reds, Twins, Yankees, Brewers, Marlins, and Tigers would account for the extra 6 caps.

Could this be a prototype? Ditched? Waiting until maybe after the AS break? Could cap sales determine home field in the world series?

KISSwall09.jpg

If a jersey looks like a generic airbrushed baseball player stock image in actual game photos, it's probably not a good thing.

j0lGxgh.png

the worst helmets design to me is the Jacksonville jaguars hamlets from 1995 to 2012 because you can't see the logo vary wall

Can anyone shed some light on the "alternate" light blue Rays cap? (That's the one I really want). It's not on MLB Shop, Lids, or anywhere for that matter. I don't even see it mentioned anywhere except the article (which has been discussed here). I re-read uniwatch's article and they said they have 36 caps this season. The Reds, Twins, Yankees, Brewers, Marlins, and Tigers would account for the extra 6 caps.

Could this be a prototype? Ditched? Waiting until maybe after the AS break? Could cap sales determine home field in the world series?

Have you even found the regular one? (I'm guessing you live in Pittsburgh) I called basically every store in VA/DC/MD and even two in PA (my sister goes to school there) NOBODY sells the Rays diamondera hat.

As for your question about the light blue, I'm guessing its a prototype because I haven't seen any Rays player with it on in any interview or on the field or even in their lockers in the clubhouse.

Have you even found the regular one? (I'm guessing you live in Pittsburgh) I called basically every store in VA/DC/MD and even two in PA (my sister goes to school there) NOBODY sells the Rays diamondera hat.

As for your question about the light blue, I'm guessing its a prototype because I haven't seen any Rays player with it on in any interview or on the field or even in their lockers in the clubhouse.

Online. Lids here said they won't have it in stock. One Ray works out with us in the gym for the baseball team I coach, but he's gone and I don't think I'll see him again until next year. I'm not tight enough to bug someone to call him and ask about his game cap :)

KISSwall09.jpg

I'm in Tampa and I have not seen any of the light blue caps in any official capacity. They have not been seen at the ballpark in Port Charlotte for spring training or at any local retailer.

I'll let you know if I see them at all, as I bought the navy one, but would like the light blue one too.

The A's have eight "throwback Thursday" promotions scheduled for this season. Does anyone know if the A's will be wearing uniforms from those periods or will they just be giving away the patch that is listed on the website.

I haven't heard anything so far. The patches are cool but wearing throwback unis would be icing on the cake.

Archived