2012-13 NCAA Men's Basketball Thread

DCDuck

• Replies 403
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Props to the Ducks, PAC 12 tourney champs.

I'm so confused right now. We got blown out by Colorado, lost by 10 to Utah, and the win the Pac-12 tournament. I'm not sure what to expect from this team come the big dance.

b0b5d4f702adf623d75285ca50ee7632.jpg
Why you make fun of me? I make concept for Auburn champions and you make fun of me. I cry tears.
Chopping off the dicks of Filipino boys and embracing causes that promote bigotry =/= strong moral character.

And so that makes the three PAC-12 teams that will probably go dancing: UCLA, Arizona and now Oregon.

But it sucks that the game was no longer in LA, and that it was no longer on CBS, called by Gus Johnson. Barely heard a noise about this particular tourney until now.

And so that makes the three PAC-12 teams that will probably go dancing: UCLA, Arizona and now Oregon.

But it sucks that the game was no longer in LA, and that it was no longer on CBS, called by Gus Johnson. Barely heard a noise about this particular tourney until now.

Pac-12 is probably going to get 5 teams. And Oregon was a lock before the Pac-12 tournament even started.

b0b5d4f702adf623d75285ca50ee7632.jpg
Why you make fun of me? I make concept for Auburn champions and you make fun of me. I cry tears.
Chopping off the dicks of Filipino boys and embracing causes that promote bigotry =/= strong moral character.

Cuse just choked bigtime... wow.

Missed the end, but saw the score -- I think Syracuse played back to its level and Louisville up to its. Bummer.

1 hour ago, ShutUpLutz! said:

and the drunken doodoobags jumping off the tops of SUV's/vans/RV's onto tables because, oh yeah, they are drunken drug abusing doodoobags

I'm so confused right now. We got blown out by Colorado, lost by 10 to Utah, and the win the Pac-12 tournament. I'm not sure what to expect from this team come the big dance.

That's been the story of the Pac-12 ever since becoming the Pac-12: Inconsistency.

It looks like the confrence will be getting five teams in this year (Oregon, UCLA, Cal, Zona, Colorado), but could easily go 0-5 this tournament with how each of these teams have the ability to lay an egg at any given moment.

6uXNWAo.png

Apologies if this seems stupid, but today's the first day I actually tuned to CBS for some conference tourney action, and I noticed the NCAA March Madness theme and graphics (the one reserved exclusively for the NCAA tourney) for the Atlantic-10 title game. Is it odd coincidence, a mistake, or will be the full theme for CBS' college basketball coverage in the future?

Update, 12:12pm PT: Of course Florida blows again in the clutch. Now I see the point some of the posters on here were trying to make.

This is basically a summarization of the big conferences in basketball this season:

-Big-10: Most relevant by a mile

-Big-12: Mostly ignored

-Pac-12: Sucks weaksauce

-SEC: Sucks weaksauce, especially Kentucky and Florida

-Big East: About to die to irrelevance

-ACC: Only Miami makes it interesting; (for all their prestige) can't believe how far North Carolina has fallen

And BTW, the running of the court by fans after a big win has been oversaturated and lost its luster.

This is basically a summarization of the big conferences in basketball this season:

-Big-10: Most relevant by a mile

-Big-12: Mostly ignored

-Pac-12: Sucks weaksauce

-SEC: Sucks weaksauce, especially Kentucky and Florida

-Big East: About to die to irrelevance

-ACC: Only Miami makes it interesting; (for all their prestige) can't believe how far North Carolina has fallen

And BTW, the running of the court by fans after a big win has been oversaturated and lost its luster.

An 8 seed for one of the worst UNC teams in a while is falling far?

And how are you going to point out Florida being why the SEC "sucks weaksauce" considering they actually made the tournament as a 3!

You're insane.

Eagles/Heels/Dawgs/Falcons/Hawks

If Florida had any damned ability to close out games, they'd be a #1 seed right now.

They had trouble doing that against crappy SEC teams, for 'cripes sakes! I mean, no, they aren't the biggest problem in the SEC right now, but for the league's premier team in 2013, they really did a piss poor job presenting themselves as a team to beat.

spacer.png

Kentucky gets to go on the road to start off the NIT because their home court is hosting the tournament they didn't get a bid too. That's rough.

At least it was a little funny when we had to go on the road to start the NIT a couple years ago because the circus was in town.

Wordmark_zpsaxgeaoqy.jpg

Kentucky gets to go on the road to start off the NIT because their home court is hosting the tournament they didn't get a bid too. That's rough.

At least it was a little funny when we had to go on the road to start the NIT a couple years ago because the circus was in town.

Cool story bro!

Wanna tell us what's goin down in the CBI this year too?

6uXNWAo.png

Cool story bro!

Wanna tell us what's goin down in the CBI this year too?

Yeah, because posting something about the unique situation of the defending champs is the same as debating if Texas has a good enough resume to qualify for the CBI.

And I hope Colorado enjoys their first round loss in Austin.

Wordmark_zpsaxgeaoqy.jpg

Archived