2012-13 NCAA Men's Basketball Thread

DCDuck

• Replies 403
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Well, sure, you take away one of the best players from any team, playing a top-5 opponent, and bad things are likely to happen.

I'm not really sure what your point is in mentioning that. He came back and proved his value to the team.

My point is Dook won because Kelly is important to the team, and his damn comeback energized his team. Listening to ESPN you'd think Duke would blow them out by 80, they spent the entire broadcast fawning and slurping on Dook, like a Big Gulp at 7-Eleven.

Give Miami credit, despite the odds, they hung in there. When they meet in the ACC Tourney, Miami will take them down.

The season ended today for my alma mater, Niagara University, with a win over St Peter's they earn a regular season MAAC title and guarantee at least an NIT bid. All the while being the youngest team in the league. Great accomplishment, hoping we finish it off and get an NCAA tourney birth!

Even if we just end up in the NIT, it'll be exciting to see some post season basketball for us and it's a great stepping stone for this team. Great season!

niagaraq.png

Well, it's the game we've all been waiting for: Michigan State-Michigan II DePaul-South Florida. 2-13 in the Big East playing 1-14. SOMEBODY. HAS. TO. WIN!

On 8/1/2010 at 4:01 PM, winters in buffalo said:
You manage to balance agitation with just enough salient points to keep things interesting. Kind of a low-rent DG_Now.
On 1/2/2011 at 9:07 PM, Sodboy13 said:
Today, we are all otaku.

"The city of Peoria was once the site of the largest distillery in the world and later became the site for mass production of penicillin. So it is safe to assume that present-day Peorians are descended from syphilitic boozehounds."-Stephen Colbert

POTD: February 15, 2010, June 20, 2010

The Glorious Bloom State Penguins (NCFAF) 2014: 2-9, 2015: 7-5 (L Pineapple Bowl), 2016: 1-0 (NCFAB) 2014-15: 10-8, 2015-16: 14-5 (SMC Champs, L 1st Round February Frenzy)

Big South newcomer Longwood upsets last year's champion UNC-Asheville 87-72. Longwood was 3-21 at one point this season, and was ranked #339 out of 347 in Ken Pomeroy's rankings heading into this game.

In the Winthrop-Radford game, Winthrop's Reggie King - a senior and former walk-on who has a Michael Oher-esque story of being adopted off the streets of Chicago by a family of one of his AAU teammates, then overcame a heart condition that required 9 hours of surgery without anesthesia this summer and wasn't cleared to play until December, who averaged 1.0 ppg in 8 minutes per game over his 4-year career - scored a career-high 11 points after having 28 total points this season and 57 total points in his career.

Article about Reggie King's story here:

http://www.heraldonl...-overcomes.html

Through an incision in King’s groin, a group of doctors ran a catheter toward his heart and began to carefully burn select tissue to incite the PVCs so they could be corrected.

King was entirely conscious during the operation; not only could he watch the torturous work on a little screen to his left, he felt every burning poke and smoldering prod. When his heart rate dropped, doctors gave him caffeine intravenously. In 60 seconds, his rate shot from 40 beats per minute up to 180. King was trapped in physical agony – for nine hours.

“It felt like someone was punching me in my chest,” he recalled. “I was screaming out so loud.”

BigStuffChamps3_zps00980734.png

Big South newcomer Longwood upsets last year's champion UNC-Asheville 87-72. Longwood was 3-21 at one point this season, and was ranked #339 out of 347 in Ken Pomeroy's rankings heading into this game.

In the Winthrop-Radford game, Winthrop's Reggie King - a senior and former walk-on who has a Michael Oher-esque story of being adopted off the streets of Chicago by a family of one of his AAU teammates, then overcame a heart condition that required 9 hours of surgery without anesthesia this summer and wasn't cleared to play until December, who averaged 1.0 ppg in 8 minutes per game over his 4-year career - scored a career-high 11 points after having 28 total points this season and 57 total points in his career.

Article about Reggie King's story here:

http://www.heraldonl...-overcomes.html

Through an incision in King’s groin, a group of doctors ran a catheter toward his heart and began to carefully burn select tissue to incite the PVCs so they could be corrected.

King was entirely conscious during the operation; not only could he watch the torturous work on a little screen to his left, he felt every burning poke and smoldering prod. When his heart rate dropped, doctors gave him caffeine intravenously. In 60 seconds, his rate shot from 40 beats per minute up to 180. King was trapped in physical agony – for nine hours.

“It felt like someone was punching me in my chest,” he recalled. “I was screaming out so loud.”

Wow. That must've been terrible to go through. Great story for him to come back and make a difference in a big game.

b0b5d4f702adf623d75285ca50ee7632.jpg
Why you make fun of me? I make concept for Auburn champions and you make fun of me. I cry tears.
Chopping off the dicks of Filipino boys and embracing causes that promote bigotry =/= strong moral character.

Oregon does not deserve to be in the NCCA tournament. They're going to get in, but they shouldn't. This team has absolutely a wreck that has collapsed upon itself. We'll be out of the Pac-12 tournament, and then out of the first round of the NCAA tournament.

Why you make fun of me? I make concept for Auburn champions and you make fun of me. I cry tears.
Chopping off the dicks of Filipino boys and embracing causes that promote bigotry =/= strong moral character.

Oregon does not deserve to be in the NCCA tournament. They're going to get in, but they shouldn't. This team has absolutely a wreck that has collapsed upon itself. We'll be out of the Pac-12 tournament, and then out of the first round of the NCAA tournament.

Also applies if you replace "Oregon" with "Wisconsin" and "Pac-12" with "Big Ten".

Disclaimer: If this comment is about an NBA uniform from 2017-2018 or later, do not constitute a lack of acknowledgement of the corporate logo to mean anything other than "the corporate logo is terrible and makes the uniform significantly worse."

BADGERS TWINS VIKINGS TIMBERWOLVES WILD

POTD (Shared)

Also applies if you replace "Oregon" with "Wisconsin" and "Pac-12" with "Big Ten".

Wisconsin is better than Oregon by miles. The Pac-12 is probably the second weakest big time conference (aside from the SEC), while the Big Ten is really strong this year.

Archived