2012-13 NCAA Men's Basketball Thread

DCDuck

• Replies 403
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Annihilate Pac-12 leader Oregon.

Then crap the bed against Oregon State.

C-U in the NIT! <_<

Provided you beat Wazzu on Wednesday, you get Zona in the quarters on Thursday. I'm not looking forward to that at all.

At least the Cats stomped ASU today.

san-francisco-giants-cap.jpgsanfranciscob.gifArizonaWildcats4.gifcalirvine.jpg
BEAR DOWN ARIZONA!

2013/14 Tanks Picks Champion

C-U in the NIT! <_<

Provided you beat Wazzu on Wednesday, you get Zona in the quarters on Thursday. I'm not looking forward to that at all.

At least the Cats stomped ASU today.

The screwjob in Tucson is beginning to loom large for the Buffs. I pray the selection committee takes that game into account before religating them to the "Not In Tournament".

6uXNWAo.png

C-U in the NIT! <_<

The entire Pac-12 is a mess this year.

b0b5d4f702adf623d75285ca50ee7632.jpg
Why you make fun of me? I make concept for Auburn champions and you make fun of me. I cry tears.
Chopping off the dicks of Filipino boys and embracing causes that promote bigotry =/= strong moral character.

C-U in the NIT! <_<

Indeed.

The Pac-12 is shaping up just like it did last year, with two teams barely getting into the NCAAs -- Both double-digit seeds -- Both done after the first weekend of play.

6uXNWAo.png

C-U in the NIT! <_<

Indeed.

The Pac-12 is shaping up just like it did last year, with two teams barely getting into the NCAAs -- Both double-digit seeds -- Both done after the first weekend of play.

I think we get more than two this year (at the very least, UCLA, Oregon and Arizona, and probably Colorado if they do well in the Pac-12 tourney). You're right though, nobody in the Pac-12 will make it past the round of 32.

Why you make fun of me? I make concept for Auburn champions and you make fun of me. I cry tears.
Chopping off the dicks of Filipino boys and embracing causes that promote bigotry =/= strong moral character.

C-U in the NIT! <_<

Indeed.

I think we get more than two this year (at the very least, UCLA, Oregon and Arizona, and probably Colorado if they do well in the Pac-12 tourney). You're right though, nobody in the Pac-12 will make it past the round of 32.

As of tonight, 'Zona is probabaly a lock to make the NCAAs regardless of how they do in Vegas. Colorado is out and needs to run the table. Oregon, UCLA and Cal can all become instant bubble teams should they bomb in their first game of the conference tourney.

6uXNWAo.png

The way the Indiana-Michigan game ended...man, that sucked for Wolverine fans. And it gave IU their 1st full Big-10 regular season title in 20 years.

indianaball.gif

Yeah, it hurts.

Oh, it just rolled the wrong way.

And I just noticed that the Michigan "M" is on the basketball.

C-U in the NIT! <_<

Indeed.

As of tonight, 'Zona is probabaly a lock to make the NCAAs regardless of how they do in Vegas. Colorado is out and needs to run the table. Oregon, UCLA and Cal can all become instant bubble teams should they bomb in their first game of the conference tourney.

I actually think Oregon and UCLA are locks. UCLA won the freaking conference, and Oregon has 23 wins, which in a big conference, means NCAA. Cal and Colorado can get in, but they probably need to at least win the first game of the conference tourney to really have a shot.

Brandon Paul hit a buzzer beater to beat Minnesota and set up with a rematch with Indiana tomorrow. That was a huge win, I would have really hated to be headed into the NCAA Tournament on a 3 game losing streak. If Illinois loses to IU tomorrow (a little pessimistic, but I'm predicting a double digit loss) I think they should be in line for a 7 seed in the big dance.

Wordmark_zpsaxgeaoqy.jpg

Zona survives Colorado. Hopefully UCLA doesn't beat us for a 3rd time tomorrow. I was pulling for ASU against them, but they blew it. I'd say CU is in, but barely at this point.

BEAR DOWN ARIZONA!

Georgia and Georgia Tech both lost their tournament games today, eliminating the state from NCAA Tournament discussions.

For a state that's got a lot of basketball talent, it's an utter shame that no state school (especially the two with deep pockets and plenty of resources) can be considered being a regular threat for reaching the NCAA Tournament year after year. Georgia had the Player of the Year for the SEC and still couldn't finish with a winning record. Tech looks to be building something, but they're still a long way off. Georgia State had to almost go undefeated since they couldn't participate in their conference's tournament (weird-assed CAA rule about schools leaving the conference can't play in their tournament, no matter their record). Mercer, the state's best chance for a tournament representative, blew their load and lost on their home court in their conference's championship game. No telling what Georgia Southern or Kennesaw State are doing.

Nice win by #10 seeded Utah in the PAC tourney over Cal. They're now the lowest seed to reached final four in that. Given where they were last year, and for most of this year, I didn't see this coming at all. Cal's chances might have taken a hit with back to back losses to Stanford and Utah. I'd still say they're for the most part safe along with the Buffs.

BEAR DOWN ARIZONA!

Georgia and Georgia Tech both lost their tournament games today, eliminating the state from NCAA Tournament discussions.

For a state that's got a lot of basketball talent, it's an utter shame that no state school (especially the two with deep pockets and plenty of resources) can be considered being a regular threat for reaching the NCAA Tournament year after year. Georgia had the Player of the Year for the SEC and still couldn't finish with a winning record. Tech looks to be building something, but they're still a long way off. Georgia State had to almost go undefeated since they couldn't participate in their conference's tournament (weird-assed CAA rule about schools leaving the conference can't play in their tournament, no matter their record). Mercer, the state's best chance for a tournament representative, blew their load and lost on their home court in their conference's championship game. No telling what Georgia Southern or Kennesaw State are doing.

Kennesaw State is in the same league as Mercer.

Archived