2012-13 NCAA Men's Basketball Thread

DCDuck

Zona survives Colorado.

I'd say CU is in, but barely at this point.

It took three games, but I see the Wildcats finally defeated the Buffs. :rolleyes:

Just looked at a projected bracket and Colorado is in as of this evening -- but I'm pretty confident they are also one of the "first four out". I don't expect them to get in when it's all said and done. That brutal loss at home to Oregon State last weekend was the dagger.

6uXNWAo.png

• Replies 403
  • Created
  • Last Reply

And Northwestern will continue their streak of never making the tournament. I know they're not a basketball school, but how has Bill Carmody kept his job for so long? It looks like he'll finally be out after this year, though.

And to everyone looking at Joe Lunardi's bracket, my advice is to look somewhere else. He's had some absolutely ridiculous teams in/seedings in every bracket he's released this year.

Wordmark_zpsaxgeaoqy.jpg

And Northwestern will continue their streak of never making the tournament. I know they're not a basketball school, but how has Bill Carmody kept his job for so long? It looks like he'll finally be out after this year, though

S#it happens. If you fire him, you fire him because of scheduling and scheduling (and losing) is probably why you are not making the tournament. Recrutitng is another thing, yet you do not want to be Tommy Amaker and how he made Harvard a success. [just search "Amaker + questionable recruiting"].

Plus if he is fired, who are you going to hire and where are the facilities to allow him to be successful?

And to everyone looking at Joe Lunardi's bracket, my advice is to look somewhere else. He's had some absolutely ridiculous teams in/seedings in every bracket he's released this year.

ESPN's Joe Lunardi is top 3 by most accounts of at-large bids and overall seeding. Kinda don't have others to look at outside of CBS. The issue is that he and others who get TV coverage think that they are now mainstream and thrive to be famous.

Joe Lunadri (ESPN), Ken Palm (CBSsports.com), Mike Periera (FOX/FOX Sports). Mike Florio (NBC Sports) are all people who are striving to become famous at any and all cost. It is easy to see that both Florio and Periera are looking to be famous.

Poor Northwestern, at least that is one Big Ten team Rutgers could beat.

My biggest hope not related to my own school is that Northwestern gets into a tournament before it expands to 96 or 128. As for Carmody, he's had 'em close a couple of times, so that makes him about as good as any coach they've ever had.

Disclaimer: If this comment is about an NBA uniform from 2017-2018 or later, do not constitute a lack of acknowledgement of the corporate logo to mean anything other than "the corporate logo is terrible and makes the uniform significantly worse."

BADGERS TWINS VIKINGS TIMBERWOLVES WILD

POTD (Shared)

In other news, Nebraska has apparently decided to spontaneously change their mascot.

1470242-LXH76GB.png

b0b5d4f702adf623d75285ca50ee7632.jpg
Why you make fun of me? I make concept for Auburn champions and you make fun of me. I cry tears.
Chopping off the dicks of Filipino boys and embracing causes that promote bigotry =/= strong moral character.

Sean Miller is hypocritical beeotch. Dude ripped into the Pac-12 referees in his post-game presser for a questionable up-and-down call that had minimal effect on the outcome.

Seriously, jackass? Fuuuuuuuuuck you.

000_1.png

6uXNWAo.png

Louisville-Syracuse in the Big East Tournament Final for the final hurrah of the Big East. This is going to be a classic final game for Syracuse in the Big East, but also the final meeting for the two teams until 2014. All I have to say is good luck to both schools in this game.

Orlando%20Magic_zpsjn8kx3lf.png

Syracuse might be playing itself into a 2 or 3 seed. They had a bad end to the regular season, but beating the no. 4 and 5 team in successive nights (if they hold on; I have to leave the house before the game will finish) is pretty great.

EDIT: Hopefully this edit is a reverse jinx. Yikes.

1 hour ago, ShutUpLutz! said:

and the drunken doodoobags jumping off the tops of SUV's/vans/RV's onto tables because, oh yeah, they are drunken drug abusing doodoobags

Archived