Strange Argos logo

Blitz

That's a secondary logo from the Jason era, yellowed with age.

On 1/25/2013 at 1:53 PM, 'Atom said:

For all the bird de lis haters I think the bird de lis isnt supposed to be a pelican and a fleur de lis I think its just a fleur de lis with a pelicans head. Thats what it looks like to me. Also the flair around the tip of the beak is just flair that fleur de lis have sometimes source I am from NOLA.

PotD: 10/19/07, 08/25/08, 07/22/10, 08/13/10, 04/15/11, 05/19/11, 01/02/12, and 01/05/12.

That's a secondary logo from the Jason era, yellowed with age.

I wondered that, but it doesn't show up anywhere on the Argos site for past logos, or on this site, or anywhere else...

Argo :censored: yourself.

Thanks for the help pal.

canada.png

The combination of this secondary mark with the "Jason" primary was the best logo package the Argos ever enjoyed. Replace the Slate Green with Cambridge Blue and we're talking perfection in an identity package.

I'm not sure. It's a great looking ship, but the leaf is a bit much*. I mean they play in the Canadian Football League. It's not like they're the Blue Jays and need to represent the nation in a mostly US-based league. Replace the leaf with the A from Jason's shield and you're onto something though.

Also, while Jason was the best logo the Argos ever had the identity wasn't perfect. Had they used Columbia blue in place of teal they would have nailed it.

*a blue leaf, however, could work if the team is ever purchased by MLSE. Sort of a tie-in to the parent organization.

I have a bunch of Argos knick-knacks from the mid-90s and they barely used that logo anywhere. CFL merchandising was super primitive at that time, but even at that I think there was maybe like one t-shirt you could get with that logo on it. I never cared much for it (especially since the Jason logo released at the same time was so solid), but I have to admit mcrosby's remake strikes my fancy.

(also, I LOLed at Argo :censored: yourself)

Argo :censored: yourself.

I get it. If you don't, go to the movies.

for those of us who aren't up to date with every single movie that comes to the big screen please feel free to elaborate because regardless if it was a movie quote or not it doesn't add anything to the conversation. As a matter of fact it is pretty worthless.

The combination of this secondary mark with the "Jason" primary was the best logo package the Argos ever enjoyed. Replace the Slate Green with Cambridge Blue and we're talking perfection in an identity package.

I'm not sure. It's a great looking ship, but the leaf is a bit much*. I mean they play in the Canadian Football League. It's not like they're the Blue Jays and need to represent the nation in a mostly US-based league.

If this logo was made for use beginning in 1995, then this was during the CFL USA period and that would have actually been somewhat of a consideration.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived