Digby

• Replies 569
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Ususally in EPL, you get home for two years, change for one, third for one. After 1 year of change, it when goes to third. (well, for Arsenal anyways...)

That's how it used to be. EPL teams change their home kits every year now.

http://www.historicalkits.co.uk/

Mighty Ducks of Anaheim (CHL - 2018 Orr Cup Champions) Chicago Rivermen (UBA/WBL - 2014, 2015, 2017 Intercontinental Cup Champions)

King's Own Hexham FC (BIP - 2022 Saint's Cup Champions) Portland Explorers (EFL - Elite Bowl XIX Champions) Real San Diego (UPL) Red Bull Seattle (ULL - 2018, 2019, 2020 Gait Cup Champions) Vancouver Huskies (CL)

Ususally in EPL, you get home for two years, change for one, third for one. After 1 year of change, it when goes to third. (well, for Arsenal anyways...)

Yes, but the changes are rarely that drastic. Portland could have kept the same template, instead of doing what they did.

Yes, but the changes are rarely that drastic.

Isn't the yearly changes due to the club's changing sponsorships? I agree; the changes to the kits themselves aren't that dramatic, sans the sponsor. I basically see this in Europeans:

"Hey, did you see that new Barca uni? I love it."

"It's just the same kit with a new name in the middle."

"Nonsense. I'm buying one."

"Yeah, you do that. I'll save my $150 for later."

BC3eIUBCcAE1I5z.png

The lines on top left are probably the logo's tower?

It's a contour line sketch of Seattle's Space Needle. And I agree; this is much better than those stupid silver stripes they had on the shoulders.

Agreed but I still prefer the original jersey that had white stripes. They tied into the pants much nicer.

0F4K1536-1024x877.jpg

Yes, but the changes are rarely that drastic.

Isn't the yearly changes due to the club's changing sponsorships?

No, teams don't change shirt sponsors every year. For example, Aon has been Manchester United's sponsor since 2010 and will be until next year when Chevrolet takes the sponsorship.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Manchester_United_F.C.#Sponsorship

Mighty Ducks of Anaheim (CHL - 2018 Orr Cup Champions) Chicago Rivermen (UBA/WBL - 2014, 2015, 2017 Intercontinental Cup Champions)

King's Own Hexham FC (BIP - 2022 Saint's Cup Champions) Portland Explorers (EFL - Elite Bowl XIX Champions) Real San Diego (UPL) Red Bull Seattle (ULL - 2018, 2019, 2020 Gait Cup Champions) Vancouver Huskies (CL)

@LAGalaxy: TOWN HALL: Chris Klein tells fans that new kits will have four stars this year and one will be gold for last year's championship.

As a Galaxy fan, I think that's some bull :censored: . Only instance I would want a gold star is if it was a season with no losses, like Arsenal's 2004 season. THAT deserves a gold star.

galaxy.png

@LAGalaxy: TOWN HALL: Chris Klein tells fans that new kits will have four stars this year and one will be gold for last year's championship.

As a Galaxy fan, I think that's some bull :censored: . Only instance I would want a gold star is if it was a season with no losses, like Arsenal's 2004 season. THAT deserves a gold star.

I thought clubs celebrated the last championship with the "Scudetto"? If that tradition is gone, I'm totally ok with that.

To Digby, no I'm not OK with it. The whole point of the scudetto is to represent you're the defending Cup champions, just like some parts of Europe do for their competitions. It gave your team a target, and it gives others the knowledge of who's the best they have to beat to be the best.

The Galaxy should have had 3 stars and the patch, but the whole 4th star thing will make it confusing for some people to follow (and for people like TheMightySpitz, make him angry for the gold star being trivialized in this manner). Chop this one up to taking a step back from the Galaxy, in their attempt to match the European brand of football.

I've no problem with a special thing for defending champions, but an additional patch makes the uniform too cluttered, and I can't stand it when MLS swipes European traditions instead of doing its own thing -- especially if it's not even going to change the name to something in English.

When the Dynamo won back-to-back titles, in the season following their second title they added the star for the first Cup win and wore the Scudetto.

When the Dynamo won back-to-back titles, in the season following their second title they added the star for the first Cup win and wore the Scudetto.

And that's one of the things I find confusing -- stars or scudetto, but not both. 1 star + 1 scudetto = 2 titles is confusing, especially if you're not an MLS diehard.

Well according to the 1st pic, the scudetto also includes a gold star, so maybe TheMightySpitz's rage was all because of the star being without the trophy and jumbled with the other stars. And the 2nd pic is the only one of the scudetto with the old trophy I can find:

220px-MLS_Scudetto.png

2007_00_scudetto.jpg

And that's one of the things I find confusing -- stars or scudetto, but not both. 1 star + 1 scudetto = 2 titles is confusing, especially if you're not an MLS diehard.

You add the star two seasons after you won it. The first season you have the scudetto as defending champion and then the star is added permanently the next season.

Archived