Just in from my sources...

Puckguy14

Avenger's design is crazy good, but I don't know if I even like that logo better than the current one.

Maybe some modernization of the current logo would look cool... ie. some sheen on the shark, another shade of silver to add a sense of curviture to the shark, but not much is needed that's for darn sure.

WINnipegSigBanner.gif

• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply

And now my comments:

I love the Sharks current jerseys (except for the 3rd) and think that ANY change should be to the 3rd's and nothing else. Like other people have said before, don't mess with perfection.

Let's not kid ourselves people, this is a great uniform, and no changes or modernization will look good. We're just trying to lessen the blow, but the fact is THIS SUCKS. The new fin logo doesn't look anywhere as good as the current one, and c'mon, burnt orange? BURNT ORANGE??!! This is surely the apocalypse. And I just won a Sharks road jersey on ebay.

Sharks already have burnt orange. In the stick that the shark bites.

and its always irked me that burnt orange is considered an official team color.

so its the color of the stick, BFD where else in the uniform does it appear? (good thing it doesnt appear anywhere else either)

While I still like their logo and color scheme, and hate to see the logo go, the possibilties of having a good logo come out of this is better than most teams... there is a lot you can do with a shark... this won't be so bad if a good logo is made, it can happen.

josh

twitter_zps93c9c8f9.png @josh_j12 smbelt_zps438edf04.png

CFA- Fargo Bobcats

Never realized the orange was part of the Sharks' scheme... guess the Marlins are exactly like them after all. Don't know what's with the orange revival... Flyers, Islanders, Mets BP, Orioles BP, Marlins brought it back prominently in the new logos, but not the jerseys, and now this...

BUT, for all those who love the current Sharks logo (and I have to admit I fall into that category), change just invites future change. It won't be long before the Sharks go retro to the good ol' days of 1991. You have to change first to have a throwback, so whether the new logo is great or terrible, they always have a good one in their history they can go back to. (and will someday, no doubt)

Guys, my buddy emailed me the new logo.  I will put it up in the morning, because I just got in from work and I'm too tired to do it right now.  Trust me, it isn't as bad, as I thought it would be.  Note: it looks like there are 3 shades of teal and shimmering grey, and 2 shades of burnt orange.  Unfortunately for SHB, the darker burnt orange almost looks like B***N.  I'll post it when I wake up. I'll also get the jerseys Sunday when I'm at the game.

Keep fingers crossed for me to win a game worn jersey!

2004 San Jose Sharks 7th Man Fan of the Year

San Jose Gold Miners - 4x Lombardi Cup Champions

Here it is guys!  Not too bad but I still like the first one better!

Subj: Re: Logo and Coyotes tickets  

Date: 4/3/2003 5:13:12 PM Pacific Standard Time

To: Puckguy14

Erik,

This has the new logo in it.  The triangle has that Flyers third like 3d effect, while the Shark outline is now deep pacific teal.  The Shark has more defined lines and has a mean looking eye.  To define shadow on the stick, they used the two shades of burnt orange.  Also there is a small shading in the teeth. Enjoy!

As for tickets to the game, I set aside two for you and when you meet me, just reinburse me the money.  Thanks! See ya Sunday!

SJ Sharks

Here it is!

sjlogo0304.gif

2004 San Jose Sharks 7th Man Fan of the Year

San Jose Gold Miners - 4x Lombardi Cup Champions

Wow, one of my all-time favorite logos from any sport gets an update and I actually LIKE IT!!!  Hopefully the updated logo will get an appropriate (read "simple") jersey to crest.

I'm undecided on this. The 3Dization isn't bad, but the one thing I wasn't so big on in the old logo (the badly done hockey stick) is still bad. There's a lot of detail in the break and the tape (which is suspiciously only on one plane of the stick blade) and it still has that ugly end of the stick with the wooden knob and the alternate colours. Also, what's the point of adding shading to the teeth if it is virtually unnoticeable?

I for one like what they did with the shark's eye, but the shark's left fin seems like it's coming out of his head at an angle very unlike his right fin.

If I get around to it, I might one day show you the Sharks logo the way I envision it.

WINnipegSigBanner.gif

Nothing you have showed is bad. Nor are their current jerseys. Infact, the third is the best in the league. I also am excited about a change though. My question though, is what is the point of these minor changes? Jersey will be major, but these logos aren't. Oh well, they look pretty nice still.

Three things I noticed.  One: the logo is outlined in deep teal and grey.  Choose one.  Two: the shark is grey. Three: No or very minimal black in logo. Using this new logo, I'll post my updates to it soon.

the shark is grey. No or very minimal black in logo. 

what? he looks black to me.

To me it looks like a doctored up version of the current logo, so I am still not completely sold on the fact that this is legit.

However, if it is, its definitly palatable. I do like the fact that there is more teal in the primary logo. The one thing that has kinda bothered me about the current logo is that the only teal present is a thin line of it in the triangle.

I just hope the jerseys dont stray too far from what they are now. Of course, assuming this pending change IS true  :;):

Archived