NFL 2013 Part Two: NFC Redesigned (UPDATE 3/23,SEA UPDATE

Brave-Bird 08

• Replies 120
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 3 weeks later...

11 teams to go!

Sorry for the delay, people. I had a hard drive crash. I had to install a new one and then go back in and download the templates and restructure them again. Everything is ready and I'll be getting to work on the NFC West tonight and tomorrow with some free time.

• 2 weeks later...

St. Louis Rams

Reverted back to the old color scheme. Jerseys are a slight streamlining of the 90s uniforms, and the pants are a new design. Alternate uniform has a throwback color combination, but can be paired with blue pants. All pants and jerseys are interchangable!

EDIT: Sorry image is smaller. I forgot I had the template blown up. I'll do a resize and repost.

path9733_zpsdcc6bda0.png

path9734_zps928d04d3.png

Here's Arizona. If you recall, when I rehashed this series the version before it featured Arizona. I went with a L'Ville Cardinals esque look and the same alternate shown here, pretty much. Here's the switch: I used the sublimated Arizona flag pattern in the regular uniforms. I just think it's so damn perfect because it gives a winged feel as well. The home and road combinations are very standard looking, overall, giving a good ole' nod to the Chicago Cardinals from back in the day. The Cardinals are one of the oldest franchises in the league, but to finally give the team some 'Zona swag, the alternate uniform takes advantage of the NFL's alternate helmet-alternate uniform rule by creating a state-pride uniform in state colors. The helmet is a first of its kind.

cardinals2_zpsa75fbf5e.png

cardinals3_zps18a176f6.png

Another really good job

Alternate could be more of a departure from their current look but it's not bad.

Though...On the current one I think I'd like it better if you reversed it so it was gold numbers with a navy outline. And make the name navy maybe, not sure how that'd play though might be too dark to read.

Also maybe make the facemask kinda like Oregon's and have the yellow/gold come down the middle of the facemask to a point.....looks like a beak and helps extend that element on the bumper out a little bit to make it look a little less out of place. On an alternate modern uniform I think it'd be fine.

94440691-oregon-ducks.jpg

First of all, glad to see this back.

The Rams set is GORGEOUS. Absolutely perfect, I really like the increased use of yellow rather than Vegas gold, and the yellow pants and jersey in particular look awesome. Would be cool to see an alternate helmet with the colors reversed, as in a blue horn on a yellow dome.

The Cardinals set is really good also, I like how you didn't go overboard with the primaries, and the flag pattern looks great. On the "'Zona swag" uniform, I only have one suggestion, on the helmet. I like the oversized logo and the style, but I would put the logo on both sides of the helmet rather than use a number. The number to me is an old-fashioned look, which is fine in general but I don't think it fits with that jersey which is very New Age.

All that being said, great to see this back and looking forward to more!

"Those who believe in telekinetics, raise my hand."

Cohenj.png

Rams: looks good, but you should make parts of the horn white to match the horn of the primary logo. Other than that, perfect.

Cardinals: these also look outstanding. I'd put the over sized cardinal on both sides of the helmet, like someone else above said. To me, an over sized logo and a number are old school and new school mixed together, which doesn't look good considering the rest of the alt uniform is modernized.

Good concepts! I'm glad to see this series back.

spacer.png

Just a thought. Have you considered pulling the blue from the Arizona flag and plugging into the Cardinal alts? It would push that palette in new directions. Maybe replace the black. Like others, I don't think the number on the helmet makes mush sense.

Old Dog Learning New Tricks.

Bump! Boink!

Working on Seattle today. Then down to the final eight. Once all teams are finished I'm going to clump them into a final thread where I will do updates on teams, give other options, etc. I don't have the original files from my AFC or first four NFC teams, as I lost them on my last hard drive, so some tweaks might be more labor-some than others.

Any other thoughts on St. Louis and Zona?

Though it pains me to say it because I hate the Rams, I love the set. The old colors are synonymous with winning and they haven't won anything since they switched to the current scheme. I think they need to bring back the yellow because their stadium is so dark and every game there just looks dull on TV with the current colors.

The Cardinals set is awesome. I'm conflicted on the black helmet but the sublimated Arizona flag design on the sleeves and pants are awesome. I might ditch the helmet and put the state flag above the nameplate instead of the Cardinal head.

mainescarf.png

The Rams and Cards are freaking amazing! I didn't know about that alternate rule for the NFL too.

One helmet, three jerseys, endless pants allowed. Alternate jersey only allowed twice a season. Alternate helmet must accompany the third jersey. At least, that's how the correlation has been with all of the elements.

The Rams and Cards are freaking amazing! I didn't know about that alternate rule for the NFL too.

One helmet, three jerseys, endless pants allowed. Alternate jersey only allowed twice a season. Alternate helmet must accompany the third jersey. At least, that's how the correlation has been with all of the elements.

Ya. I knew about that, but didnt know you could have a state pride uniform that coincides with an alternate helmet.

AM-JKLUm-gD6dFoY5MvQGgjXb2rzP7kMTHmGf8UsR6KOCYQnHU-0HSFi-zjXHepGDckUAHcduu3pVgvwxe06RKDW2y2Z2BmhEOe8OP-WSY1XqLT9KsQ0ZP75J9loQuNrvLW208pEWCg9jq8aNx-zFneH9aPQQA=w800-h112-no?authuser=0

spacer.png

I'm pretty sure that the rule is that an alternate helmet can only be a throwback helmet, and their doesn't necessarily have to be an alternate helmet with an alternate jersey.

Archived