NFL 2013 Part Two: NFC Redesigned (UPDATE 3/23,SEA UPDATE

Brave-Bird 08

• Replies 120
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Detroit Lions

I'm all about a really classy look for the Lions. I don't mind their uniforms now, in fact they're great, but for the sake of concept I reverted back to a more classic color scheme but gave the new uniforms some umpf with a shiny numeral finish, kind of like what I gave Seattle. The number font and wordmark of the current identity are in tact, while the new sleeve design is a nod to the old dual-stripe lions logos from the old days. Blue pants return too. And, of course, I had to go with the great throwbacks as a home alternate.

path9766_zps68c45c76.png

path9767_zps0f4e1c82.png

Dolphins already done in the AFC Thread.

Though I might consider going back and re-doing Miami and Jacksonville.

Did you do a re-design with a new logo as well or is it the old logo? Believe I already saw it just don't remember! lol

Cal Bears | Miami Dolphins | Cleveland Cavaliers |
@dcjames5

Definitely clean look for the Lions. Here's always what I've always wondered, though: why hang on to a traditional look when you've been, for lack of a better term, complete garbage since 1957?

I love our current look to death, mostly because I think it's the best it has been in a long time, but I always wonder: what would happen if the Lions took the Cardinals' approach and moved in a new direction with a uniform change? I would definitely be interested in seeing your take on that idea. The logo lends itself well to a modern design, and I think the colors do too.

We're a young team with a lot of potential, feels ripe for that kind of change, y'know?

Packers: good, except make the pants stripe yellow white yellow. Itll look more like the yellow pants that way.

Lions: I got nuthin. Do they wear all blue socks with those throwbacks? Surprised the NFL let's them do that.

One last question. Are the pants of these concepts interchangeable? Or would Seattle always wear monochrome?

spacer.png

The Vikings set is gorgeous. I'm intrigued by the yellow mask and wonder how it would look on-field.

Also, my fiancee happens to me looking over my shoulder on my laptop and is a Lions fan. She approves of that set very much.

mainescarf.png

I'm getting a "retro, but vintage at the same time" feel from your Vikings uniforms. I like them a bunch, and I can't wait to see your other work. I also love your Seattle jerseys. perfect way to throwback a gorgeous look without going overboard and keeping the uniqueness in the jerseys they have now.

sport-scarf_leafs_zps5f769288.png

seahawks_banner.png

Packers: Great overall idea, but I have a few reservations. For one, I think the yellow outlines on the numbers are superfluous. I've said for awhile that yellow and white don't have enough contrast to outline one with the other. I'm also not feeling the alt... it's busy to the point that it loses its "throwback" feel. I'm not saying I'm not open to such an idea, but I'd prefer something that's a little more faithful to the original. Might I suggest the 1936 or 1939 uniforms?

Also, I'd change the stripe on the green pants to yellow-green-white-green-yellow. It'd go much better with the rest of the uniform that way.

Lions: Take the awkward shoulder stripes off these (since they really don't go with anything else on the uniform). I might even consider eliminating all of the striping... the Lions have enough history to pull such a minimalist look off.

Vikings: Great idea for a college team called the Vikings, but I've come to the opinion that Minnesota shouldn't be the only NFC North team in a modern template. In a vacuum though, I really do like these.

I like your Vikings set (especially the pants), but I feel like the horn on the sleeves is WAY too similar to the horn on your Rams sleeves. I understand that the Vikings one goes up and the Rams one goes down, but I just think they are too close to the same. Don't get me wrong, I love it, I just think that really only one team should have it.

Untitled.png

I'll just comment on the last three.

Packers: Love the home and road looks mins the yellow number outlines, those are, as I believe someone said earlier, unnecessary. On the Pride uniform, I think the stencil font looks a bit out of place since the shoulder numbers are solid. I'd say go with one or the other. The green pants option are fine, though I keep seeing the Edmonton Eskimos whenever I look at that set, haha.

Lions: I like the sleeve stripes a lot. For whatever reason, I have fond feelings toward the logo the stripes are representing. That said, I'm not a huge fan of having a triple stripe helmet and pants, but double striped sleeves. Too inconsistent for my particular tastes. Finally, I'm a little disappointed you stuck with the current number font, I think it's the worst in the league.

Vikings: Love the pants stripe. I wonder if there's a way to translate the double color onto the sleeves. The only things I'm not a fan of are the contrasting cuffs and the yellow face mask.

Overall, nice execution on all of these.

I've got a dribbble, check it out if you like my stuff; alternatively, if you hate my stuff, send it to your enemies to punish their insolence!

Archived