2013 NFL Off-Season Thread

Island_Style

And one more damn thing. St. Louis Rams CB Trumaine Johnson posted this on twitter.

O3wzD.jpg

BRB, watching the rioting unfold, although its more like a barely interested mob wearing Cardinals gear.

On 8/1/2010 at 4:01 PM, winters in buffalo said:
You manage to balance agitation with just enough salient points to keep things interesting. Kind of a low-rent DG_Now.
On 1/2/2011 at 9:07 PM, Sodboy13 said:
Today, we are all otaku.

"The city of Peoria was once the site of the largest distillery in the world and later became the site for mass production of penicillin. So it is safe to assume that present-day Peorians are descended from syphilitic boozehounds."-Stephen Colbert

POTD: February 15, 2010, June 20, 2010

The Glorious Bloom State Penguins (NCFAF) 2014: 2-9, 2015: 7-5 (L Pineapple Bowl), 2016: 1-0 (NCFAB) 2014-15: 10-8, 2015-16: 14-5 (SMC Champs, L 1st Round February Frenzy)

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

BRB, having a cerebral hemorrhage.

espn-jay-cutler-624x466.jpg

ESPN cannot go more than one show without asking a contrived, bull :censored:ting question that may or may not be relevant to things currently going on in the world.

Nothing says "slow news day" like the half-retarded look on Charissa Thompson's face as she regurgitates the teleprompter's questions of Dwight Howard's hall of fame status or Rob Parker's level of racist.

I've never been to FedEx Field but from all accounts is pretty much the NFL's version of the Richfield Coliseum in terms of where its located

FedEx Field is only a couple miles from DC. Not any different than MetLife Stadium or SunLife Stadium from their teams' downtown city namesakes.

Snyder's biggest problem is that FedEx isn't in a trendy part of DC. I think he's kind of jealous of Verizon Center's prime real estate.

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

And one more damn thing. St. Louis Rams CB Trumaine Johnson posted this on twitter.

O3wzD.jpg

Anybody have any idea why?

Him and a few other Rams players were in LA this week vacationing or something, so he may have just been using a play on words. I personally don't think he meant to stir the pot on them moving, nor would a rookie corner be privy to that kind of information.

"You are nothing more than a small cancer on this message board. You are not entertaining, you are a complete joke."

twitter

BRB, having a cerebral hemorrhage.

espn-jay-cutler-624x466.jpg

ESPN cannot go more than one show without asking a contrived, bull :censored:ting question that may or may not be relevant to things currently going on in the world.

Nothing says "slow news day" like the half-retarded look on Charissa Thompson's face as she regurgitates the teleprompter's questions of Dwight Howard's hall of fame status or Rob Parker's level of racist.

Who's that chic?

ESPN sure has a thing for foxy* blondes, don't they?

*subjective adjective is subjective and may or may not necessarily reflect this poster's opinion of any of the personalities for which this subjective adjective could potentially be applied

*Disclaimer: I am not an authoritative expert on stuff...I just do a lot of reading and research and keep in close connect with a bunch of people who are authoritative experts on stuff. 😁

|| dribbble || Behance ||

I've never been to FedEx Field but from all accounts is pretty much the NFL's version of the Richfield Coliseum in terms of where its located

FedEx Field is only a couple miles from DC. Not any different than MetLife Stadium or SunLife Stadium from their teams' downtown city namesakes.

Snyder's biggest problem is that FedEx isn't in a trendy part of DC. I think he's kind of jealous of Verizon Center's prime real estate.

Neither of those two are all that great either in terms of access. I'm all three teams would rather be in better locations. Just can't get the money/political support to do so.

The Redskins have picked out the RFK site as plan A, B and C as a location for them coming back to D.C. There's no space to put a football stadium where the Verizon Center is, nor is the road infrastructure there to support a stadium of that size. Anyone who's been to D.C. will tell you do not drive in downtown D.C. unless you absolutely have to. Anywhere else just outside of D.C. you might as well just stay where they are in Landover.

I just think Dan Snyder really wants to get back inside the city limits, in part because of the access problems, but I think it has to do more with him just wanting to say they are the Washington Redskins both in name and location. So while I don't think the Verizon Center has much to do with it, I will agree that his ego is the main driving factor in this. I don't think you look to leave a stadium that's less then 20 years old unless there's other factors involved besides money.

Mike Mularkey gone after two years.

Could be because of his record or lack thereof, could be Tebow related Probably a bit of both. If the Jags ask to speak with Josh McDaniels, I think you'll have your answer to why Mularkey was fired.

My own view of Mularkey with the Jags was he never had a chance to do anything with that team from day one, so I don't how much you can really blame him for the team's lack of success. I won't disagree with anyone who doesn't think he's good enough to be a head coach in the NFL, but I don't think firing him is magically going to turn them into a 10-6 team overnight. I also thought they had a perfectly good coach in Del Rio that they scapegoated.

Mike Mularkey gone after two years.

Could be because of his record or lack thereof, could be Tebow related Probably a bit of both. If the Jags ask to speak with Josh McDaniels, I think you'll have your answer to why Mularkey was fired.

My own view of Mularkey with the Jags was he never had a chance to do anything with that team from day one, so I don't how much you can really blame him for the team's lack of success. I won't disagree with anyone who doesn't think he's good enough to be a head coach in the NFL, but I don't think firing him is magically going to turn them into a 10-6 team overnight. I also thought they had a perfectly good coach in Del Rio that they scapegoated.

First off, he was gone after one year.

He needed to go. This was the worst coached Jags team in history. He was ill prepared and never adjusted. ( Didn't score a TD on his first drive til week 16 and was heavily outscored the second half.) He was a place holder until Gene Smith could get fired by the new owners. Trust me, you don't want this clueless idiot coaching your team. Besides, they just got a new GM. Who would want that job with Mularkey handcuffed to it. Hell, look how Rex is making the Jets GM search drag out. That is why we got Caldwell. He said no to the Jets and their Rex/Tebow.

The Redskins have picked out the RFK site as plan A, B and C as a location for them coming back to D.C. There's no space to put a football stadium where the Verizon Center is, nor is the road infrastructure there to support a stadium of that size. Anyone who's been to D.C. will tell you do not drive in downtown D.C. unless you absolutely have to. Anywhere else just outside of D.C. you might as well just stay where they are in Landover.

Mind you, I think I'd feel safer personally if I were in Washington going to FedEx Field than tromping from the Armory Metro station to the RFK stadium site. That neighborhood struck me as somewhat "iffy" when I was there.

On 8/1/2010 at 4:01 PM, winters in buffalo said:
You manage to balance agitation with just enough salient points to keep things interesting. Kind of a low-rent DG_Now.
On 1/2/2011 at 9:07 PM, Sodboy13 said:
Today, we are all otaku.

"The city of Peoria was once the site of the largest distillery in the world and later became the site for mass production of penicillin. So it is safe to assume that present-day Peorians are descended from syphilitic boozehounds."-Stephen Colbert

POTD: February 15, 2010, June 20, 2010

The Glorious Bloom State Penguins (NCFAF) 2014: 2-9, 2015: 7-5 (L Pineapple Bowl), 2016: 1-0 (NCFAB) 2014-15: 10-8, 2015-16: 14-5 (SMC Champs, L 1st Round February Frenzy)

I love me some Dave Caldwell. Of course maybe it is GM speak but got to love this quote.

(On Tebow) "I can't imagine a scenario where he's a Jacksonville Jaguar...even if he's released"

Khan's response? "What we have to do is win."

We will see come crunch time but this makes me very happy.

The Jags have their first coaching interview. Rams, how do you like Brian Shottenheimer?

You should not like him from the start. He is a graduate of the University of Florida.

Look at the Jets offense from 2006-11 for performance.

As of today, I would bet it is Roman's job for the taking. Just have to wait for SF to lose or the SB bye week.

Report: Cleveland Browns to hire Panthers OC Rob Chudzinski as their new head coach.

The BROWNS just hired a guy named CHUD. Good god, Cleveland. Swing and a(nother) miss!

The guy was just hired today and he's already a failure? Good one.

Archived