2013 NFL Off-Season Thread

Island_Style

Watching the NFL Honors and was just reminded of how Jim Brown is still the most overrated player in league history. Not to mention the guy is a miserable creep off-the-field.

I don't see how Jim Brown could be the most overrated player when Joe Namath played football. He had a Trent Dilfer-esque performance in Super Bowl III, but with more charisma and lady-boning.

Agreed. Namath was great for all of two or three season, if even that. I'm totally with you that he's overrated. Him playing in New York and "The Guarantee" are the reason he's remained on the radar.

.....But then again, nobody has ever declared Namath to be the greatest of allllllllll-time.

6uXNWAo.png

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Joe Namath slung dick better than he ever slung a football. Suzy knows.

"You are nothing more than a small cancer on this message board. You are not entertaining, you are a complete joke."

twitter

CuJo

You are way off on Jim Brown he is one of the top ten players and you can make an argument he was the best ever,

He had the All-Time Rushing record when he retired he rushed for 12,312 yard the record lasted 19 years after he retired.

Brown played just nine seasons, he led the league in rushing eight times, was a Pro Bowler all nine years.

He never missed a game they only played 12 or 14 games back than and he played 118 games. No body has yet to rush for more yards in less games. If he played as many games as say Emmitt Smith there is no telling how many yards he would have had.

ecyclopedia.gif

www.sportsecyclopedia.com

For the best in sports history go to the Sports E-Cyclopedia at

http://www.sportsecyclopedia.com

champssigtank.png

Watching the NFL Honors and was just reminded of how Jim Brown is still the most overrated player in league history. Not to mention the guy is a miserable creep off-the-field.

I don't see how Jim Brown could be the most overrated player when Joe Namath played football. He had a Trent Dilfer-esque performance in Super Bowl III, but with more charisma and lady-boning.

Agreed. Namath was great for all of two or three season, if even that. I'm totally with you that he's overrated. Him playing in New York and "The Guarantee" are the reason he's remained on the radar.

.....But then again, nobody has ever declared Namath to be the greatest of allllllllll-time.

Namath is the most overrated QB of all time. Did you know he threw 47 more picks than TD's (173 vs 220)?

(This coming from someone thats had Jets season tickets in the family dating to 1979.)

65caba33-7cfc-417f-ac8e-5eb8cdd12dc9_zps

Titus Young is the very definition of a team cancer. I could see the Patriots being interested in him for that reason.

I think he'll get some interest because of his age and where he was taken in the draft, but I think he's going to be on a very short leash wherever he goes.

I don't think he's going to get much above the league minimum and I don't see any team looking at him as anything more then a #3 receiver. My guess is he's going to wind up going somewhere that's desperate for receiving help. Arizona, Jacksonville, the Jets, possibly San Diego or Chicago. I don't see a team that already has two or three solid receivers on the team even looking him.

Titus Young is the very definition of a team cancer. I could see the Patriots being interested in him for that reason.

I think he'll get some interest because of his age and where he was taken in the draft, but I think he's going to be on a very short leash wherever he goes.

I don't think he's going to get much above the league minimum and I don't see any team looking at him as anything more then a #3 receiver. My guess is he's going to wind up going somewhere that's desperate for receiving help. Arizona, Jacksonville, the Jets, possibly San Diego or Chicago. I don't see a team that already has two or three solid receivers on the team even looking him.

I wouldn't add Arizona to the list. The fact they have Fitzgerald, Floyd and Doucet I think Quarterback and an Offensive Line is more higher priority than A receiver especially a cancer as such as Young

I wouldn't add Arizona to the list. The fact they have Fitzgerald, Floyd and Doucet I think Quarterback and an Offensive Line is more higher priority than A receiver especially a cancer as such as Young

I'll give you Fitzgerald but their number two receiver last year was Andre Roberts. That's all I need to know in terms of how much depth they have at receiver. On nearly any other team in the NFL Andre Roberts is your third or fourth receiver that just tell to go deep on almost every play.

As for having higher priorities, that is true but your not talking about signing a megastar receiver that's going to destroy cap space. I don't think signing a guy like Titus Young necessarily takes focus off improving those areas. I would at least look into him if I was Arizona because they do need receiving help. It doesn't need a complete overhaul, but I don't think they can or will go into next year with the exact same receiving unit.

So apparenty the competition for SB LII is getting fierce. (I think I wrote that year right. )

If you'll excuse the overbearing superhomererotically biased writing in that article, it speaks of all the viable contenders...

...One of which, by the NFL's perauading it seems, is Denver.

*Disclaimer: I am not an authoritative expert on stuff...I just do a lot of reading and research and keep in close connect with a bunch of people who are authoritative experts on stuff. 😁

|| dribbble || Behance ||

So apparenty the competition for SB LII is getting fierce. (I think I wrote that year right. )

If you'll excuse the overbearing superhomererotically biased writing in that article, it speaks of all the viable contenders...

...One of which, by the NFL's perauading it seems, is Denver.

Local story to gather business support for the cause since the author "questions" the process.

The author failed to point out or just ignored that Santa Clara/SF is a finalist for Super Bowl L (Feb. 2016) with Miami Gardens. The loser of the 2016 game will become a finalist with Houston for Super Bowl LI (Feb. 2017).

Peterman and KVB gone from the Lions, too. Too bad KVB is getting older/slower and had a big contract, he's a hell of a locker room guy. But I guess a garden hose can't stop a forest fire.

And RE: Titus Young... the dude told his HS coach that he was better than Calvin Johnson. And we thought T.O. was bad. Good riddance. I like the move because it gives Broyles a chance (who is already running again after ACL surgery). If there was a polar opposite of Titus, he's the guy.

It's hard to do Championships Matter for a sport where you're but one of two groups of eleven. It's different in basketball, where the best player accounts for the most time, and in golf and boxing for excruciatingly self-evident reasons. Jim Brown is probably overrated on the basis of everyone from the '60s being a little overrated, but he still has to be right up there.

Sure, you can put him up there with great running backs with rings like Emmitt Smith, Walter Payton and Marshall Faulk. But dude is anything but the greatest to ever throw on a helmet. I've never understood why historians have such a boner for him. For my money, it's Montana or Rice. Perhaps because they played together, they don't get the "best ever" nod they deserve.

I think Jim Brown is always overrated because he retired so young. That way, it leaves it up everyone's imaginations what he would've done with 5-10 more seasons. Truth is, nobody knows what would've happened. Say Tom Brady retired right after the Patriots' third Super Bowl in four years or maybe even after his knee injury. People would go nuts: "He woulda won 12 Super Bowls if only he had more time!" What people imagine is almost always better than what actually happens.

Maybe, but you can't discount what he actually did when he was playing.

He's really really really really good. I wouldn't hesitate to say great, but when sports commentators talk about him, there's almost this holy reverence. I don't think he's the #2 greatest player of all time like he was on that NFL list in 2010.

Rams claim Titus Young off waivers. Have fun with that!

Is he tall? That's really all that matters at this point.

On 8/1/2010 at 4:01 PM, winters in buffalo said:
You manage to balance agitation with just enough salient points to keep things interesting. Kind of a low-rent DG_Now.
On 1/2/2011 at 9:07 PM, Sodboy13 said:
Today, we are all otaku.

"The city of Peoria was once the site of the largest distillery in the world and later became the site for mass production of penicillin. So it is safe to assume that present-day Peorians are descended from syphilitic boozehounds."-Stephen Colbert

POTD: February 15, 2010, June 20, 2010

The Glorious Bloom State Penguins (NCFAF) 2014: 2-9, 2015: 7-5 (L Pineapple Bowl), 2016: 1-0 (NCFAB) 2014-15: 10-8, 2015-16: 14-5 (SMC Champs, L 1st Round February Frenzy)

Rams claim Titus Young off waivers. Have fun with that!

Titus Young and Austin Pettis on the same team again? Now all the Rams need is Kellen Moore. B)

I'd really hate to lose Moore, too. Accurate, composed, and his height makes it a bear for linemen to bat passes down. Good news, though, rams80 -- Titus is better than Calvin Johnson. You got yourself a bargain!

Archived