2013-2014 NHL Uniform & Logo Changes

ksupilot

• Replies 6.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm thinking this is clearly a sleeve stripe because of the crease through the middle. they tried to get rid of it, but it never truly goes away

8827426688_4d424309fe_z.jpg

Otherwise, I think we're going to see that striping on the sleeves of this:

CalgaryCowboys75-76jersey.jpg

I'll respect any opinion that you can defend.

Quick logo rendering of the star and D logo:

trxsgqws.png

What is wrong with the black in the top left corner of the inside? I don't understand what is going with the design. It doesn't make sense why the straight bar of the D doesn't go all the way to the top.

it makes visual sense to me... it just shows that the D isn't flat. the entire logo is sort of curved, and almost like stamp, if that makes sense... or a seal. the bottom part of the D is flush with the silver, but the white part is behind it.

to me, it has the feeling of a championship ring engravement.

With multiple outdoor games next year will teams copy the winter classic and make participating teams wear throwbacks?

At this point with nothing like that announced, it's looking less and less likely. The NHL probably doesn't want these games to usurp the Winter and Heritage Classics, so teams like the Ducks and Kings who probably won't ever take part in an actual Winter Classic won't get to wear throwbacks. A real damned shame if that were the case, but as the old saying goes, OITGDNHL.

mTBXgML.png

PotD: 24/08/2017

At this point with nothing like that announced, it's looking less and less likely. The NHL probably doesn't want these games to usurp the Winter and Heritage Classics, so teams like the Ducks and Kings who probably won't ever take part in an actual Winter Classic won't get to wear throwbacks. A real damned shame if that were the case, but as the old saying goes, OITGDNHL.

I don't think the NHL worries that much about the Heritage Classic since it's a very Canadian game with probably no traction in the States.

Still, this LA-ANA game would be a good excuse to bring back their Mighty Ducks set...

eMXEIDC.png

toIYnW8.png

Today's Canes teaser:

Untitled-3.png

Nothing new, unless those numerals are light gray/silver (which I actually would like, especially if it were slightly reflective). Pretty sure it's just white with plenty of shadows.

HURRICANES | PANTHERS | WHITE SOX | WOLFPACK

I disagree. Those totally look like silver to me...the stitching, the surface, everything.

I hope you're correct (assuming they aren't too dark). So does that mean the original nameplate image was wrong? Or will the nameplate be white and the numerals silver?

HURRICANES | PANTHERS | WHITE SOX | WOLFPACK

As posted on the mothership, the Florida Panthers 20th Anniversary logo:

9596_florida_panthers-anniversary-2014.png

Pretty bog standard, but decent enough.

And now to sit and wait for the Ducks to unveil theirs. Though for some reason I have a horrible, lingering feeling that they won't have one, or any kind of anniversary celebrations. They'd be pretty stupid not to, but then again they picked the "Strong, typographical mark" as their primary logo, and don't exactly have a stellar marketing department as far as I can tell.

Why do I suddenly crave a Dos Equis?

With multiple outdoor games next year will teams copy the winter classic and make participating teams wear throwbacks?

Given the odds of the Ducks wearing some garbage fauxback instead of the 90s set, It's probably a good thing they just wear their regular sweaters.

SigggggII_zps101350a9.png

Nobody cares about your humungous-big signature. 

PotD: 29/1/12

I disagree. Those totally look like silver to me...the stitching, the surface, everything.

I hope you're correct (assuming they aren't too dark). So does that mean the original nameplate image was wrong? Or will the nameplate be white and the numerals silver?

I think silver numbers with white NOB's would look bad, i don't like it when they are different colors especially when they are such similar colors

Given the odds of the Ducks wearing some garbage fauxback instead of the 90s set, It's probably a good thing they just wear their regular sweaters.

Yeah that's a point. I know there are a lot of Ducks fans who want more of a classic look so that would pretty much fill the void for that crowd. The glorified fashion jersey old black third was pretty popular and even got swapped with the regular home jersey in 2006 so there's that. I don't mind too much if it's a fauxback as long as it looks decent enough. And I'll probably take that any day over the soulless regular set we have now.

mTBXgML.png

A game outdoors in sunny LA between the Kings and Ducks won't scream Olde Tymed Iced Hockey, so they shouldn't even try to go that route. The more I think about it the more I think they should just go in the opposite direction. Wild Wing vs Burger King.

It might not scream "Old Tyme Hockey" but that doesn't mean they have to dress up in clownsuits. They should wear their respective primaries from that era. That would look fantastic.

It might not scream "Old Tyme Hockey" but that doesn't mean they have to dress up in clownsuits. They should wear their respective primaries from that era. That would look fantastic.

That depends on who you ask.

But of course, I would be ecstatic to see the original Mighty Ducks jersey take the ice one more time. Would be appropriate given this season being their 20th Anniversary. As for the Kings, a straight up Gretzky era throwback would be ideal for them as it's also the 20th Anniversary of him taking them to their first Stanley Cup Final.

...I swear I've already said that somewhere in this thread.

mTBXgML.png

Archived