2013-2014 NHL Uniform & Logo Changes

ksupilot

Carolina Red Leafs?

Instead of Red Wings striping on blue like Tampa, could we see Leafs striping on red?

Had Nashville gone through with their original plan to wear the all-blues, we could have three Leafs knockoffs and two Wings knockoffs in one division (with Tampa and Carolina counting as both).

SigggggII_zps101350a9.png

Nobody cares about your humungous-big signature. 

PotD: 29/1/12

• Replies 6.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

As posted on the mothership, the Florida Panthers 20th Anniversary logo:

9596_florida_panthers-anniversary-2014.png

Pretty bog standard, but decent enough.

And now to sit and wait for the Ducks to unveil theirs. Though for some reason I have a horrible, lingering feeling that they won't have one, or any kind of anniversary celebrations. They'd be pretty stupid not to, but then again they picked the "Strong, typographical mark" as their primary logo, and don't exactly have a stellar marketing department as far as I can tell.

I just asked Adam Brady, and there will be some anniversary stuff. Should be released around late june. I would quote it, but im in phone.

maybe it's just a close up of part of the sleeve striping right before the cuffs, like this:

cane_zps4e1d6310.png

Never thought of it that way....seems very possible

Definitely could be something similar to this. And they certainly might be going out of their way to be obscure in the photos, to imply two distinct stripe patterns (waist and socks VS. sleeves), when in fact there is only one.

But it would seem that the thickness of the white stripes still wouldn't be consistent. The first stripe set we saw had VERY thin white stripes (paired with thicker black stripes), while the white stripes in the newest image appear to be the same thickness as the red ones.

And I'm still confused.

HURRICANES | PANTHERS | WHITE SOX | WOLFPACK

Do we have an actual release date, or are they just gonna keep posting random pics until one day they show us the whole thing?

SigggggII_zps101350a9.png

Nobody cares about your humungous-big signature. 

PotD: 29/1/12

Maybe almost certain this is just wishful thinking, but maybe they are going to do something a bit unique and have a body stripe across the middle of the jersey. They've shown us a lot of different stripings, which don't seem to go together well. And they've gone out of their way to crop the pictures of the crest so that we can't see what's around or above them. If they are going to keep any part of the warning flag stripes, it would be either there or on a vertical stripe in the side panels.

Either way, I am getting the feeling there is a major design element that they are going to keep cropping around in these pictures until the reveal on the 4th.

I really don't want this to be another bland minimalist uniform.

nhl94vansigpng.png

And now to sit and wait for the Ducks to unveil theirs. Though for some reason I have a horrible, lingering feeling that they won't have one, or any kind of anniversary celebrations. They'd be pretty stupid not to, but then again they picked the "Strong, typographical mark" as their primary logo, and don't exactly have a stellar marketing department as far as I can tell.

I just asked Adam Brady, and there will be some anniversary stuff. Should be released around late june. I would quote it, but im in phone.

Thank goodness for that.

mTBXgML.png

PotD: 24/08/2017

turgeon_sylvain.jpg

I love this look, so I wouldn't mind a red, white, and black version of it. It would be preferable to them looking like the Red Wings, that's for sure.

Though if they do go with this I just know someone will complain about the team "playing Original Six dress-up" anyway. Despite the fact that the Whalers weren't an Original Six team and the Hurricanes, as the Whalers, probably should have the right to homage that team any way they choose.

turgeon_sylvain.jpg

I love this look, so I wouldn't mind a red, white, and black version of it. It would be preferable to them looking like the Red Wings, that's for sure.

Though if they do go with this I just know someone will complain about the team "playing Original Six dress-up" anyway. Despite the fact that the Whalers weren't an Original Six team and the Hurricanes, as the Whalers, probably should have the right to homage that team any way they choose.

A red white and black version of that is basically Chicago.

turgeon_sylvain.jpg

I was actually just going to say this. That uniform is basically a green and blue version of the Blackhawks.

turgeon_sylvain.jpg

I was actually just going to say this. That uniform is basically a green and blue version of the Blackhawks.

I don't think the Stars will go that route.

turgeon_sylvain.jpg

I don't think the Stars will go that route.

StanleyCupServbots_zps7812663d.png

Wha...What is happening here? What am I looking at?

qvAvG.jpg

That's not his signature.

Mighty Ducks of Anaheim (CHL - 2018 Orr Cup Champions) Chicago Rivermen (UBA/WBL - 2014, 2015, 2017 Intercontinental Cup Champions)

King's Own Hexham FC (BIP - 2022 Saint's Cup Champions) Portland Explorers (EFL - Elite Bowl XIX Champions) Real San Diego (UPL) Red Bull Seattle (ULL - 2018, 2019, 2020 Gait Cup Champions) Vancouver Huskies (CL)

turgeon_sylvain.jpg

The white that extends down to the cuffs and the expanded white space at the bottom would do enough to have it stand on its own. Keep in mind it would also be worn with red pants and red helmets, further distancing the look from Chicago's.

Archived