2013-2014 NHL Uniform & Logo Changes

ksupilot

It might not scream "Old Tyme Hockey" but that doesn't mean they have to dress up in clownsuits. They should wear their respective primaries from that era. That would look fantastic.

That depends on who you ask.

But of course, I would be ecstatic to see the original Mighty Ducks jersey take the ice one more time. Would be appropriate given this season being their 20th Anniversary. As for the Kings, a straight up Gretzky era throwback would be ideal for them as it's also the 20th Anniversary of him taking them to their first Stanley Cup Final.

...I swear I've already said that somewhere in this thread.

The original Mighty Ducks were different and inferior from the set beginning in 1995.

I don't want to see the Mighty Ducks set again, but if they do, it should be the '95-'07.

• Replies 6.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The shoulder patch made that much of an impact?

Mighty Ducks of Anaheim (CHL - 2018 Orr Cup Champions) Chicago Rivermen (UBA/WBL - 2014, 2015, 2017 Intercontinental Cup Champions)

King's Own Hexham FC (BIP - 2022 Saint's Cup Champions) Portland Explorers (EFL - Elite Bowl XIX Champions) Real San Diego (UPL) Red Bull Seattle (ULL - 2018, 2019, 2020 Gait Cup Champions) Vancouver Huskies (CL)

At this point with nothing like that announced, it's looking less and less likely. The NHL probably doesn't want these games to usurp the Winter and Heritage Classics, so teams like the Ducks and Kings who probably won't ever take part in an actual Winter Classic won't get to wear throwbacks. A real damned shame if that were the case, but as the old saying goes, OITGDNHL.

I don't think the NHL worries that much about the Heritage Classic since it's a very Canadian game with probably no traction in the States.

Still, this LA-ANA game would be a good excuse to bring back their Mighty Ducks set...

WILD WING VS. BURGER KING OR I RIOT

OK, not really. But I do remember seeing that matchup on an NHL on Fox game when I was a kid and wow

ffMc5dZ.png

Twitter: @RyanMcD29

OK, not really. But I do remember seeing that matchup on an NHL on Fox game when I was a kid and wow

Seeing the YouTube highlights of that game was pretty hilarious.

I want the Ducks to wear the Wild Wing set just so I don't have to fork over 400 bucks for the vintage ones. Or the BK jerseys.

eMXEIDC.png

toIYnW8.png

Seeing the YouTube highlights of that game was pretty hilarious.

I want the Ducks to wear the Wild Wing set just so I don't have to fork over 400 bucks for the vintage ones. Or the BK jerseys.

Agreed. I'm a huge fan of the wild wing set and finding them online for an inexpensive price is a pain.

It might not scream "Old Tyme Hockey" but that doesn't mean they have to dress up in clownsuits. They should wear their respective primaries from that era. That would look fantastic.

I'm sorry but anyone who says this jersey is anything less than fantastic is wrong

512g.jpg

On September 20, 2012 at 0:50 AM, 'CS85 said:

It's like watching the hellish undead creakily shuffling their way out of the flames of a liposuction clinic dumpster fire.

On February 19, 2012 at 9:30 AM, 'pianoknight said:

Story B: Red Wings go undefeated and score 100 goals in every game. They also beat a team comprised of Godzilla, the ghost of Abraham Lincoln, 2 Power Rangers and Betty White. Oh, and they played in the middle of Iraq on a military base. In the sand. With no ice. Santa gave them special sand-skates that allowed them to play in shorts and t-shirts in 115 degree weather. Jesus, Zeus and Buddha watched from the sidelines and ate cotton candy.

POTD 5/24/12, POTD 2/26/17

With multiple outdoor games next year will teams copy the winter classic and make participating teams wear throwbacks?

At this point with nothing like that announced, it's looking less and less likely. The NHL probably doesn't want these games to usurp the Winter and Heritage Classics, so teams like the Ducks and Kings who probably won't ever take part in an actual Winter Classic won't get to wear throwbacks. A real damned shame if that were the case, but as the old saying goes, OITGDNHL.

A game outdoors in sunny LA between the Kings and Ducks won't scream Olde Tymed Iced Hockey, so they shouldn't even try to go that route. The more I think about it the more I think they should just go in the opposite direction. Wild Wing vs Burger King.

Okay, first of all, it won't be a day game, it's going to be I think a 5 pm or so game. So throw out the idea of the sunny day game. Also, more than likely it will be overcast during the day as it can be. Third of all, as far as the Kings go, they won't go to the Burger Kings jerseys, maybe the yellow versions of their current throwbacks which will move to their thirds. Now, would I be opposed to seeing the Wild Wing vs Burger King? No. But it's probably going to be a Ducks original jersey vs. the current Kings throwback. Which if done, will be one of the better looking games to see.

I don't think the NHL worries that much about the Heritage Classic since it's a very Canadian game with probably no traction in the States.

Still, this LA-ANA game would be a good excuse to bring back their Mighty Ducks set...

Remember, this was the mid-1990s, and the game was on FOX, so back then the "Wild Wing" and "Burger King" sweaters could have passed as superb back then, to be relegated to "what the hell were they thinking?" by today's logo and jersey organizers and planners.

Those logos have cherished memories for some of us here, but for others, they belong in a hockey furnace for displaying something so wrong and radical.

And to think the goal graphics are actually worse than whats on the ice. Ugh, Fox...

At this point, they were better at times back then than how NBC covers games now. And who can forget the masterful job ABC did when they had hockey coverage.

I wonder how CBS would have handled covering the NHL if they got those rights...

I think we need a little refresher on how Fox presented hockey. Ladies and gentlemen, I give you The Nineties.

Theme song's still fantastic, though. Glad FSN still uses it.

On 1/25/2013 at 1:53 PM, 'Atom said:

For all the bird de lis haters I think the bird de lis isnt supposed to be a pelican and a fleur de lis I think its just a fleur de lis with a pelicans head. Thats what it looks like to me. Also the flair around the tip of the beak is just flair that fleur de lis have sometimes source I am from NOLA.

PotD: 10/19/07, 08/25/08, 07/22/10, 08/13/10, 04/15/11, 05/19/11, 01/02/12, and 01/05/12.

I don't know what the hell is happening but it keeps happening. It's like that reel of Mike & Mike bumpers from a few weeks ago.

I maintain that a streaking puck isn't a bad idea at all as long as it's limited to replays. It's basically just an advanced form of telestration at that point.

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

And to think the goal graphics are actually worse than whats on the ice. Ugh, Fox...

At this point, they were better at times back then than how NBC covers games now. And who can forget the masterful job ABC did when they had hockey coverage.

I wonder how CBS would have handled covering the NHL if they got those rights...

I'm sorry? Did you not stay long enough for the :censored: ING FIGHTING SCOREBOARD ROBOTS!?!?!

FoxBots_zps0361f2be.png

-----

Also, some points from sodboy's video:

- Fox really oscillated between good quality when it came to actual on-air talent and what they were saying, and just flat out WHHAAAAAAAAA, which was basically everything else.

- Folks, James Brown doing hockey is really really weird, folks.

- It is really strange to think about right now that Detroit went 42 years between Cups. (40 at the time of that broadcast) And Toronto's drought was only 28 years then. The other teams on that list they had, Chicago and Boston, have also won their Cups. And stranger that the four longest droughts at that time were all Original 6 teams. Go back a year earlier, and the Rangers are in there to make it the Top 5. All those other teams coming into the league really actually did do a number them, huh?

5963ddf2a9031_dkO1LMUcopy.jpg.0fe00e17f953af170a32cde8b7be6bc7.jpg

| ANA | LAA | LAR | LAL | ASU | CSULB | USMNT | USWNT | LAFC | OCSC | MAN UTD |

I'm sorry but anyone who says this jersey is anything less than fantastic is wrong

512g.jpg

And I wholeheartedly agree :D I'd love for them to bring these back, but I'd also like to see a modernised version of that logo. Something like that would really inject some personality back into this franchise.

And as much as we in "Ducks Nation" (can we get a better name than that?) were on the receiving end of Emilio and Disney ribbing, I'll take that any day over having to stare at a depressing, dull uniform... oh lord, there I go again.

duckjacked_zpsb9f5259e.png

mTBXgML.png

PotD: 24/08/2017

Archived