2013-2014 NHL Uniform & Logo Changes

ksupilot

• Replies 6.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Really, yeah, between 1972 and 1997, the Canadiens and Rangers (once) were the only Original Six teams to win the Cup, but that's in large part because the NHL was a rotating stable of dynasties around this time. How many times were there repeat Cup winners?

1974-1975: Philadelphia

1976-1979: Montreal

1980-1983: NY Islanders

1984-1985, 1987-1988: Edmonton

1991-1992: Pittsburgh

Montreal also took the Cup in 1986 and 1993, and Edmonton in 1990, in isolated circumstances.

Only the nostalgic person in me likes those FOX graphics. Seeing the Duck robot morph the King robot into a puck, and shooting it is strangely amusing. Everything about 1990s hockey, in one 81 second video.

spacer.png

Now they're just messing with us. Kudos to Carolina for keeping even this board guessing.

On September 20, 2012 at 0:50 AM, 'CS85 said:

It's like watching the hellish undead creakily shuffling their way out of the flames of a liposuction clinic dumpster fire.

On February 19, 2012 at 9:30 AM, 'pianoknight said:

Story B: Red Wings go undefeated and score 100 goals in every game. They also beat a team comprised of Godzilla, the ghost of Abraham Lincoln, 2 Power Rangers and Betty White. Oh, and they played in the middle of Iraq on a military base. In the sand. With no ice. Santa gave them special sand-skates that allowed them to play in shorts and t-shirts in 115 degree weather. Jesus, Zeus and Buddha watched from the sidelines and ate cotton candy.

POTD 5/24/12, POTD 2/26/17

My gut tells me the pic has been cropped to keep the red yoke out of frame. It would have to be just out of frame though.

Also, apparently no laces. And the NHL "triangle" area is black. I was hoping for red (or even white), because now this is starting to look a little black-heavy for my taste.

HURRICANES | PANTHERS | WHITE SOX | WOLFPACK

I think the canes are probably going to look very sharp. I can't wait.

Yeah, my big fear going in was that they'd pull a Lightning and mimic an older team's colour scheme, Detroit's in this case. With all that's been revealed it looks like there's more then enough black in the scheme to relieve those fears.

My gut tells me the pic has been cropped to keep the red yoke out of frame. It would have to be just out of frame though.

Exactly what I was thinking.

Also, apparently no laces.

And with that we're easing further away from "Original Six dess-up" territory.

Hopefully there's enough red elsewhere in the white sweater to offset the lack of it in the name & numbers.

On 1/25/2013 at 1:53 PM, 'Atom said:

For all the bird de lis haters I think the bird de lis isnt supposed to be a pelican and a fleur de lis I think its just a fleur de lis with a pelicans head. Thats what it looks like to me. Also the flair around the tip of the beak is just flair that fleur de lis have sometimes source I am from NOLA.

PotD: 10/19/07, 08/25/08, 07/22/10, 08/13/10, 04/15/11, 05/19/11, 01/02/12, and 01/05/12.

Yeah, my big fear going in was that they'd pull a Lightning and mimic an older team's colour scheme, Detroit's in this case. With all that's been revealed it looks like there's more then enough black in the scheme to relieve those fears.

I agree. It definitely looks like there's going to be ample black. My concern now is the potential different striping patterns. If they are different, I hope it's not as drastic as my current concept, because the discontinuity between the sleeves and the waist/socks in this look really throws me. Everything else being equal, I prefer the striping to be consistent throughout.

uni_home4.png

uni_road4.png

I agree. It definitely looks like there's going to be ample black. My concern now is the potential different striping patterns. If they are different, I hope it's not as drastic as my current concept, because the discontinuity between the sleeves and the waist/socks in this look really throws me. Everything else being equal, I prefer the striping to be consistent throughout.

uni_home4.png

uni_road4.png

But no laces.

GO OILERS-GO BLUE JAYS-GO ESKIMOS-GO COLTS

But no laces.

Yeah, sorry. The laces are default on that template I'm using. (It's a complete pain in the butt to remove them, so everyone ignore the laces.)

Going by that newest teaser it looks like they've shrunk the jersey crest a bit as well. I don't know if it's just me, but it looks friggin' huge on their current set. Maybe they thought it was too big or maybe the template they've gone with has less space on the front. Guess we'll find out soon enough.

mTBXgML.png

PotD: 24/08/2017

uni_home4.png

uni_road4.png

You actually have the home sleeves reversed from the canes image online.

Archived