2013-2014 NHL Uniform & Logo Changes

ksupilot

He's referring to the Bruins' black jersey having a gold yoke, presumably.

Mighty Ducks of Anaheim (CHL - 2018 Orr Cup Champions) Chicago Rivermen (UBA/WBL - 2014, 2015, 2017 Intercontinental Cup Champions)

King's Own Hexham FC (BIP - 2022 Saint's Cup Champions) Portland Explorers (EFL - Elite Bowl XIX Champions) Real San Diego (UPL) Red Bull Seattle (ULL - 2018, 2019, 2020 Gait Cup Champions) Vancouver Huskies (CL)

• Replies 6.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

That right there is the Calgary Stampeders of hockey. Thankfully, it won't look anything like that. Where are you all getting this "red yoke on the white sweater" notion from?

It's been confirmed for a while now.

http://instagram.com/p/Z-oRcRr9u5/

http://instagram.com/p/ZxwgYUr9o1/

Am i crazy, i don't see any clues suggesting it in the first pic, and the second pic looks like the collar to me.

That right there is the Calgary Stampeders of hockey. Thankfully, it won't look anything like that. Where are you all getting this "red yoke on the white sweater" notion from?

Am i crazy, i don't see any clues suggesting it in the first pic, and the second pic looks like the collar to me.

you are crazy, how can you not see that as a red yolk on a white jersey?

It doesn't look very big. So it'll definitely be a less prominent element on these jerseys.

canes_zps738f51c2.png

This may seem out of the blue, but I think this could be a design on the cuff of the sleeve. Material here matches the material on the cuffs of the Jackets jerseys I own. It would be unique, as no other team has a design on the cuffs of their jerseys.

My Behance Portfolio --- Follow @Steinosaur19

2LYbxnm.png

If that's true, then the bottom half of the arms would have to be black, and I don't think that would look good based on the mock-ups people have been doing.

Also I think the fold matches the inside of the collar more than anywhere on the sweater.

DON'T TALK TO ME ABOUT HOCKEY

I never have understood the premise of putting a yoke on one sweater and not the other.

If the white is going to have a red yoke, then I think the red should have a white yoke. It's more symmetrical and linked, that way, and that it would be a red yoke/white yoke thing distances it further from the Devils.

Possibly because white yokes usually would look like garbage?

White yokes only look good if they're balanced with a large amount of white on the rest of the jersey. That's why it worked for Tampa Bay.

Mighty Ducks of Anaheim (CHL - 2018 Orr Cup Champions) Chicago Rivermen (UBA/WBL - 2014, 2015, 2017 Intercontinental Cup Champions)

King's Own Hexham FC (BIP - 2022 Saint's Cup Champions) Portland Explorers (EFL - Elite Bowl XIX Champions) Real San Diego (UPL) Red Bull Seattle (ULL - 2018, 2019, 2020 Gait Cup Champions) Vancouver Huskies (CL)

Man, I miss that look.

SCJ04_01a.jpg

On September 20, 2012 at 0:50 AM, 'CS85 said:

It's like watching the hellish undead creakily shuffling their way out of the flames of a liposuction clinic dumpster fire.

On February 19, 2012 at 9:30 AM, 'pianoknight said:

Story B: Red Wings go undefeated and score 100 goals in every game. They also beat a team comprised of Godzilla, the ghost of Abraham Lincoln, 2 Power Rangers and Betty White. Oh, and they played in the middle of Iraq on a military base. In the sand. With no ice. Santa gave them special sand-skates that allowed them to play in shorts and t-shirts in 115 degree weather. Jesus, Zeus and Buddha watched from the sidelines and ate cotton candy.

POTD 5/24/12, POTD 2/26/17

But they went back to to traditional striping, SO EVERYTHING'S OKAY :D

But there always are a few exceptions, and that was a sexy sweater.

DON'T TALK TO ME ABOUT HOCKEY

Best they've ever worn, but still flawed. Blue wasn't prominent enough, and they used the darker Maple Leafs blue which ended up getting lost in the black. Some more Hawaiian Blue, and perhaps a more creative striping pattern would have gone a long way.

SigggggII_zps101350a9.png

Nobody cares about your humungous-big signature. 

PotD: 29/1/12

you are crazy, how can you not see that as a red yolk on a white jersey?

LOL your right i am, its obvious to me now.

Man, I miss that look.

SCJ04_01a.jpg

Is it an unpopular opinion that I think these uniforms were awful? Those may have been my least favorite uniforms in the league. I can't find one thing that I like about that look.

Wordmark_zpsaxgeaoqy.jpg

Man, I miss that look.

SCJ04_01a.jpg

Is it an unpopular opinion that I think these uniforms were awful? Those may have been my least favorite uniforms in the league. I can't find one thing that I like about that look.

I don't think they were awful, but I don't get all the love for them. It was a very mediocre look.

jNTsTyQ.png

the cup era bolts jerseys are horrible. they look like a cross between a generic rec-league template and a mid 90's nhl game on sega genesis, where every team had the same template, despite what the teams actually wore.

that said, over time, it sort of became their look... it still looks more "tampa bay lightning" to me than what they wear now. take that however you will, but it's true.

Man, I miss that look.

SCJ04_01a.jpg

I don't think they were awful, but I don't get all the love for them. It was a very mediocre look.

I think the paintbrush/reporter two numbers were good, though.

Archived