2013-2014 NHL Uniform & Logo Changes

ksupilot

• Replies 6.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

So you're suggesting that they use 5 uniforms? Calgary should really only wear one white and one red jersey. They should only use black as trim (or just get rid of it all together) and keep the helmet and pants red. Red and yellow is a very nice, unique colour scheme. I don't know why Calgary insists on looking more and more like the Sens/Hawks/Devils/Hurricanes.

Because Black trim provides some much needed contrast to those bright shades of yellow and red. The inaugural jerseys are fine once in a while but the 2004 cup run jerseys blow them right out of the water.

The problem I have with the 04 jerseys is the balance of colours. The white jersey looked good because red was used primarily, and black and yellow were used about equally. The red jersey on the other hand clearly used black as the team's secondary colour instead of white or yellow. Black should be a tertiary colour at most. I also like the idea of the flaming C being white-hot instead of burnt to a crisp.

Is anyone starting to feel like the home and away jerseys may have 2 completely different designs?

That's a real possibility. Part of the a jersey has a set of at least 2 red stripes onto white, and another part has Devils-like striping.

I'm currently working on my own interpretation concept that I intend to post before the unveil, but I will admit that I'm confused as hell. I'm am somewhat confident that there's gonna be more to the new look that they haven't shown us in the teasers.

So I'm the only one that thinks the Hurricanes should not change? I mean, take off the phantom yoke and their set has always been perfect IMO. The warning flag stripes are awesome. Now they're fixin to look like a wannabe Team Canada.

oBIgzrL.png

Absolutely hated the phantom yoke on the old ones so any improvement on that helped but its basically a wash by them take out te waist flags. Really like the newer 3d logo. It looks like the same process the blue jays did to there jersey logo in 2012.

Right now I like the road jersey more. I'm not a fan of tie downs for a newer team.

I really hope they are going to surprise us with a should patch. I'm not a fan of jerseys without them.

I really hope they are waiting to hold

I think both jerseys may have a double stripe: plain red on the white jerseys, and black trimmed in white on the red jerseys.

Having one jersey a lace-up and the other a v-neck seems like a sign of trying to please all of the people all of the time, or at minimum, some indecisiveness. So far, I haven't seen anything in these previews that makes me say, "That looks better than what they've previously worn." My expectations here are low.

Should look nice on the Charlotte Checkers, though.

On 1/25/2013 at 1:53 PM, 'Atom said:

For all the bird de lis haters I think the bird de lis isnt supposed to be a pelican and a fleur de lis I think its just a fleur de lis with a pelicans head. Thats what it looks like to me. Also the flair around the tip of the beak is just flair that fleur de lis have sometimes source I am from NOLA.

PotD: 10/19/07, 08/25/08, 07/22/10, 08/13/10, 04/15/11, 05/19/11, 01/02/12, and 01/05/12.

After all those teasers, I still have no idea whether I'll like these Canes uniforms are not. I'm expecting them to be a downgrade, because I think their current look is near perfect. Still don't know why they thought the phantom yokes were a good idea.

Wordmark_zpsaxgeaoqy.jpg

Which set are you talking about? The 1991 set? Those were still conceptually united. The Wild/Senators model of looking like three different teams is what people dislike.

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

I have dug through the last couple of pages, but can't find anything. Is there any update to what to expect out of the the Dallas unveiling.

And as an aside: I know i have said this before and it is a pet peeve of mine, but this is why I hate these league wide threads. It becomes almost impossible to find information in them if you aren't in here and in them daily. They are fine for in season scuttlebutt when there isn't any specific news, but once there is an announced unveiling date there should be a separate thread for it.

Hey, I liked all three of those sens jerseys, 3 out of my 5 all time favourites :P

But I can't decide if I want it to be two separate jerseys so it doesn't look like the moc-ups above.

Or If I want it to be similar templates so there aren't two separate bad jerseys.

I'm not to optimistic about it right now.

DON'T TALK TO ME ABOUT HOCKEY

Allright here's my Canes prediction concept...

Canes_zps4d12d9b1.png

I really don't know how they are going to include singular white stripes on red and vice versa, while keeping the look nice and un-cluttered. I stumbled over a huge stumbling block while putting this together. I looked over all the elements multiple times and I've come to a conclusion that none of it makes any sense together as a whole.

That right there is the Calgary Stampeders of hockey. Thankfully, it won't look anything like that. Where are you all getting this "red yoke on the white sweater" notion from?

On 1/25/2013 at 1:53 PM, 'Atom said:

For all the bird de lis haters I think the bird de lis isnt supposed to be a pelican and a fleur de lis I think its just a fleur de lis with a pelicans head. Thats what it looks like to me. Also the flair around the tip of the beak is just flair that fleur de lis have sometimes source I am from NOLA.

PotD: 10/19/07, 08/25/08, 07/22/10, 08/13/10, 04/15/11, 05/19/11, 01/02/12, and 01/05/12.

Archived