2013-2014 NHL Uniform & Logo Changes

ksupilot

• Replies 6.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Well, the new Canes' teaser pic basically disproves any of our predictions/concepts in this thread. I have a feeling they will be paying homage to the whalers.

Yeah, here it is.

Untitled-2.png

And now I'm completely confused--and thinking it's going to be a hot mess--yet again.

HURRICANES | PANTHERS | WHITE SOX | WOLFPACK

Carolina Red Leafs?

Instead of Red Wings striping on blue like Tampa, could we see Leafs striping on red?

On September 20, 2012 at 0:50 AM, 'CS85 said:

It's like watching the hellish undead creakily shuffling their way out of the flames of a liposuction clinic dumpster fire.

On February 19, 2012 at 9:30 AM, 'pianoknight said:

Story B: Red Wings go undefeated and score 100 goals in every game. They also beat a team comprised of Godzilla, the ghost of Abraham Lincoln, 2 Power Rangers and Betty White. Oh, and they played in the middle of Iraq on a military base. In the sand. With no ice. Santa gave them special sand-skates that allowed them to play in shorts and t-shirts in 115 degree weather. Jesus, Zeus and Buddha watched from the sidelines and ate cotton candy.

POTD 5/24/12POTD 2/26/17

i think that could be the bottom stripe, meaning red is on the outside

Red

White

Black

White

Red

White

Red

Just replace the green with black and your assumption translates to this...

20125272304419568.jpg

Could be. But sweet lord, that's a lot of stripes for my taste.

Well, the new Canes' teaser pic basically disproves any of our predictions/concepts in this thread. I have a feeling they will be paying homage to the whalers.

In what way? I don't follow...

turgeon_sylvain.jpg

You mean in terms of striping? So like replace green with red and blue with black?

Any reason why they wouldn't just introduce a Whalers throwback or a third jersey in homage to it? Unless Hartford retains the rights to that, it seems like they're sitting on a goldmine...

turgeon_sylvain.jpg

You mean in terms of striping? So like replace green with red and blue with black?

Any reason why they wouldn't just introduce a Whalers throwback or a third jersey in homage to it? Unless Hartford retains the rights to that, it seems like they're sitting on a goldmine...

Either the NHL or the City of Hartford owns the Whalers rights. I believe the NHL recently aquired them, and that's why we can once again buy Whalers merch (couldn't for a while)

On September 20, 2012 at 0:50 AM, 'CS85 said:

It's like watching the hellish undead creakily shuffling their way out of the flames of a liposuction clinic dumpster fire.

On February 19, 2012 at 9:30 AM, 'pianoknight said:

Story B: Red Wings go undefeated and score 100 goals in every game. They also beat a team comprised of Godzilla, the ghost of Abraham Lincoln, 2 Power Rangers and Betty White. Oh, and they played in the middle of Iraq on a military base. In the sand. With no ice. Santa gave them special sand-skates that allowed them to play in shorts and t-shirts in 115 degree weather. Jesus, Zeus and Buddha watched from the sidelines and ate cotton candy.

POTD 5/24/12POTD 2/26/17

turgeon_sylvain.jpg

Either the NHL or the City of Hartford owns the Whalers rights. I believe the NHL recently aquired them, and that's why we can once again buy Whalers merch (couldn't for a while)

Sort of like how the NBA own charlotte hornets rights before the bobcats took them again, and that is why you could still buy retro hornets stuff?

As posted on the mothership, the Florida Panthers 20th Anniversary logo:

9596_florida_panthers-anniversary-2014.png

Pretty bog standard, but decent enough.

And now to sit and wait for the Ducks to unveil theirs. Though for some reason I have a horrible, lingering feeling that they won't have one, or any kind of anniversary celebrations. They'd be pretty stupid not to, but then again they picked the "Strong, typographical mark" as their primary logo, and don't exactly have a stellar marketing department as far as I can tell.

mTBXgML.png

PotD: 24/08/2017

A potential new interpretation for the Canes. Basically, trying to rectify today's picture (assumed to be the waist stripes) with the bits of the sleeves and socks we've already seen. Thoughts?

uni_road4.png

A potential new interpretation for the Canes. Basically, trying to rectify today's picture (assumed to be the waist stripes) with the bits of the sleeves and socks we've already seen. Thoughts?

uni_road4.png

Cool work...if they are going down the Whalers route, could you throw another red waist stripe on and slant the arm stripes similar to :

turgeon_sylvain.jpg

Then I think we might be getting closer... Good stuff.

Archived