2013-2014 NHL Uniform & Logo Changes

ksupilot

• Replies 6.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Blah. I'm going to hold a grudge against Carolina until they realize they should be a red and grey team.

It already looks like they botched this redesign hearing that they're ditching the one thing that set them apart from all the other red and black teams: the flag pattern

Midway.png

I wanted them to take after Ohio State but not like this.

There is a serious black and white issue going on with sports aesthetics these days. Either you're simple and uninspired, or ugly and overinspired. You're not allowed to have a happy medium.

Midway.png

This is what it seems it'll look like.

Car_zpsd64506bf.png

Oof. I hope it's got more going on than that. Some silver somewhere, please.

Also, looking at the nameplate preview - that's the Portland Trailblazers' font, right?

On 1/25/2013 at 1:53 PM, 'Atom said:

For all the bird de lis haters I think the bird de lis isnt supposed to be a pelican and a fleur de lis I think its just a fleur de lis with a pelicans head. Thats what it looks like to me. Also the flair around the tip of the beak is just flair that fleur de lis have sometimes source I am from NOLA.

PotD: 10/19/07, 08/25/08, 07/22/10, 08/13/10, 04/15/11, 05/19/11, 01/02/12, and 01/05/12.

'disaster'? seriously? I don't love the stars roundel but it's not a disaster.

Obviously it's just my opinion, but I literally find nothing redeeming about this logo. IMO it's definitely bottom five in the 4 majors. To me, it's a lazy logo, "oh, let's combine the D and a Star!", which is fine, but it's not executed cleverly or well. The shape, to me, looks off, and it looks amateurish. I honestly would have preferred just an italic star to this The loss of gold is a downgrade, even though I actually like the silver. The roundel is just following the next design trend. I just really, really, really don't like this haha. I don't blame people for liking it, but it's definitely NOT for me.

This is what it seems it'll look like.

Car_zpsd64506bf.png

Won't look like that (thank god) check out the sleeve design. My guess is the sleeve striping will be pretty similar to what's worn now. I also think the hem will not be a leafs rip-off, rather a simplified version of the current minus the flag striping

screenshot20130526at101.png

Archived