2013-2014 NHL Uniform & Logo Changes

ksupilot

Red helmet hopefully means red pants. Unless they're going to go all Islanderstupid on us.

134154667_display_image.jpg?1324606346

Those uniforms are hideous, but the blue helmet looks fine there because of the blue socks, with both serving as "anchor points" of sorts in the design.

Here are some better examples

Phoenix-Coyotes-Black-Alternate-Third-Jersey-2008-2010.jpg

71082659.jpg

PvO6ZWJ.png

• Replies 6.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I was always of the opinion that the Dallas Stars should never change their logo or colours but after seeing this leak, I realize just how antiquated the identity really was. Kelly Green, Black and Silver is a far more attractive scheme that is completely original to the league & the new primary logo is the perfect logical update.

Mark my words, this redesign will go down as a modern classic.

You have no idea how many times I opened my pm box to send you what I knew, morgo... only to close it out cause i promised I'd keep it secret.

I was always of the opinion that the Dallas Stars should never change their logo or colours but after seeing this leak, I realize just how antiquated the identity really was. Kelly Green, Black and Silver is a far more attractive scheme that is completely original to the league & the new primary logo is the perfect logical update.

Mark my words, this redesign will go down as a modern classic.

As a Stars fan, I've been a bit on the fence with the whole thing (change is scary!), but I think this fact helps soothe my nerves. There is still a lineage to 1967 with the Kelly Green and the italicized logo, but it's new enough to not have any confusion about whose team this really is.

Here's hoping the jerseys wow us.

You have no idea how many times I opened my pm box to send you what I knew, morgo... only to close it out cause i promised I'd keep it secret.

Appreciate the thought man. Congrats on keeping the secret, I wouldn't be able to :)

Off topic, but those black Might Ducks alts were attrocious. Black was too close to the eggplant, so from a distance the eggplant disappeared and looked black. When you could clearly see the colors, you saw that those two colors look hideous together. Black was technically in their color scheme as a fourth color (or fifth behind white), but it was inappropriate for them to make a black jersey. That was made worse by them completely dropping the jade color from the jerseys. It also had the lace-up collar which looked silly on a team founded in 1993. Also, it had a freaking baseball script, which is always terrible on a hockey uniform. Those didn't have some of the outlandish features of '90s uniforms, but I would place those in the top five worst hockey jerseys ever, all things considered.

OldRomanSig2.jpg

Off topic, but those black Might Ducks alts were attrocious. Black was too close to the eggplant, so from a distance the eggplant disappeared and looked black. When you could clearly see the colors, you saw that those two colors look hideous together. Black was technically in their color scheme as a fourth color (or fifth behind white), but it was inappropriate for them to make a black jersey. That was made worse by them completely dropping the jade color from the jerseys. It also had the lace-up collar which looked silly on a team founded in 1993. Also, it had a freaking baseball script, which is always terrible on a hockey uniform. Those didn't have some of the outlandish features of '90s uniforms, but I would place those in the top five worst hockey jerseys ever, all things considered.

There was the added bonus that they were so close in color to their southern California neighbors.

Bad jersey all around. I was rooting against them in the 06 playoffs because they chose to wear those uniforms instead of the eggplant jerseys.

PvO6ZWJ.png

Posted this in the other thread...too bad the Dallas Stars didn't use the Texas Stars new template, because I think you have a winner. (Ignore the shoulder patch, threw this together real quick):

jerseyunveil.jpg

70389454.png

Looking at the stitching and mesh... it looks like an awfully small crest if it is the crest... It may actually be the shoulder...

Stay Tuned Sports Podcast
sB9ijEj.png

Looks like they may throw the flag on the front. Might have some connection with "newstorm" since its not really a hurricane flag. If it is I'm excited and think its superior to the hurricane logo. I'm really liking the depth of that patch in the preview.

Only thing that could screw this up is the hem removal.

Archived