2013-2014 NHL Uniform & Logo Changes

ksupilot

Dallas: Just wear the Iowa Stars uniforms and everyone is happy.

On September 20, 2012 at 0:50 AM, 'CS85 said:

It's like watching the hellish undead creakily shuffling their way out of the flames of a liposuction clinic dumpster fire.

On February 19, 2012 at 9:30 AM, 'pianoknight said:

Story B: Red Wings go undefeated and score 100 goals in every game. They also beat a team comprised of Godzilla, the ghost of Abraham Lincoln, 2 Power Rangers and Betty White. Oh, and they played in the middle of Iraq on a military base. In the sand. With no ice. Santa gave them special sand-skates that allowed them to play in shorts and t-shirts in 115 degree weather. Jesus, Zeus and Buddha watched from the sidelines and ate cotton candy.

POTD 5/24/12POTD 2/26/17

• Replies 6.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

13.14lead_617_NewStorm.jpg

Carolina Hurricanes Uniform Launch

June 4, 2013, 12:00 p.m.

PNC Arena

Open by Invitation Only

The Hurricanes will unveil all-new home and road uniforms at a launch event slated for noon on Tuesday, June 4 at PNC Arena.

New Storm

This marks the first significant uniform alteration – from the home and road sweaters to the pants to the socks – in the team's 15-year North Carolina history. The team's primary logo and colors will remain intact. Beginning Friday, May 24, teaser swatches of the new uniforms will be posted each day. Follow the team on Instagram for a first look at each day's teaser image.

The rather specific mention of the primary logo suggests to me that we're going to see a new secondary. I can't imagine they'll get rid of the warning flag iconography altogether, so perhaps we'll see one of the two-flag concepts that's floated around for years?

Hmmm. Does that NEW STORM nameplate mean they're going away from the italicized nascar font?

I'm worried the Hurricanes are going to go with black pants and helmets and then we'll have a 5th team wearing red jerseys and socks with black pants and helmets.

PvO6ZWJ.png

Hmmm. Does that NEW STORM nameplate mean they're going away from the italicized nascar font?

I'm worried the Hurricanes are going to go with black pants and helmets and then we'll have a 5th team wearing red jerseys and socks with black pants and helmets.

435459f2c3b011e2b0f722000a9f18db_7.jpg

Via instagram, looks like they will stay with red helmets.

Ac9JEWB.png
On September 20, 2012 at 0:50 AM, 'CS85 said:

It's like watching the hellish undead creakily shuffling their way out of the flames of a liposuction clinic dumpster fire.

On February 19, 2012 at 9:30 AM, 'pianoknight said:

Story B: Red Wings go undefeated and score 100 goals in every game. They also beat a team comprised of Godzilla, the ghost of Abraham Lincoln, 2 Power Rangers and Betty White. Oh, and they played in the middle of Iraq on a military base. In the sand. With no ice. Santa gave them special sand-skates that allowed them to play in shorts and t-shirts in 115 degree weather. Jesus, Zeus and Buddha watched from the sidelines and ate cotton candy.

POTD 5/24/12POTD 2/26/17

The Instagram shot also gives us a fuzzy glimpse at the numbers on the helmet. From what I can tell, it looks roughly like the existing number font, but probably non-italicized as well although it's difficult to discern from the angle.

I'd be very happy if the Wild became the North Stars, but only because I hate the Wild name.

BUT

The Stars have been in Dallas almost as long as they were in Minnesota, and DEFINITELY have had more success there. A cup, 2 president's trophies, 7 division titles and 2 conference titles.

There's no denying that the identity belongs in Dallas. Stop. Just stop.

As for the Canes, I've always liked their look and found that even though they used common colors, they were unique because of striping patterns, etc. I hope they don't become another cookie cutter Ottawa Sens clone.

sig.png

Why does this have to be the same day as the Dallas Stars unveiling? That and the release of the new Queens of the Stone Age album have made the wait excruciating enough...

As for the jerseys, all the team really needs to do is ditch the phantom shoulder yoke and straighten out the sleeve stripes. It will be a shame if they ditch the hurricane warning striping alltogether.

All I ask for is two things, in regards of the Hurricanes upcomming new look...

1- No laces on the collar

2- Keep the warning flags at the hem.

Any other alterations I will deal with. I think it's likely that the flags will remain because they're keeping their alt intact, and keeping the flags would be good for consistency sake. According to the picture above, looks like the red helmets are staying which is good news to start. I have a hunch that they will go with black pants for some reason, maybe to differenciate themselves from Detroit more. The red helmets/black pants may be a good combination, if they do go with that. Regardless, I'm hyped! :)

Is it just my crappy monitor or are those letters outlined in silver and black? I'm happy to see the phantom yoke gone and somewhat optimistic that the new uniforms are going to be a good update. I know I'm in a minority (or at least a non-vocal majority) in liking what the Lightning did with their update. I was also happy with Nashville's. So I'm sure there will be something with either Dallas or Carolina that won't sit well with me, but I'm cautiously excited and optimistic about both.

nhl94vansigpng.png

Nope. Just black and white lettering. Though I wish it were silver so they'd embrace it more. Either way just about anything would be better than what both Dallas and Carolina currently wear so I'm on the optimistic boat

Midway.png

I really hope they keep the red pants.

I really hope so, too. I just hope that they don't make major changes; the Hurricane's jerseys--hem flag patterning, italicized numbers, and all--are (were?) very fitting for a team called the Hurricanes. Despite being a primarily Red/Black team, they stood out with red helmets and pants. I'd only suggest that they swap out silver for a dark, flat gray--maybe even using a dark, flat gray for an alternate. I'm a bit bummed that it looks like they'll be dumping silver and the italicized lettering/numbering.

New Texas Stars unis for next season... take away their logos, and is this a sneak peek at how the Dallas jersey will look?

970659_10151684321266869_1678650961_n.jpg

Stay Tuned Sports Podcast
sB9ijEj.png

Archived