2013-2014 NHL Uniform & Logo Changes

ksupilot

• Replies 6.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Take this for what it's worth but...

When I was recently in Vancouver, one of the memorabilia outlet managers and I were talking about the Vancouver Millionaires merchandise. During the conversation he said that he was told that the Canucks are going to wear the Millionaires jersey up to 3 times next season. He said he was going to be shipped much more Millionaires merchandise closer to the start of next season.

The fact that the have been selling blue and green merch with the Millionaires logo in, makes me think it will lead to a 3rd jersey.

Canucks have way too many active logos: White orca, blue orca, stick logo, V-Johnny Canuck logo, Johnny Canuck full body logo, and now the Millionaires "V".

Not to mention the script which is basically a whole separate logo in itself when paired up with the orca logo.

Getting beyond a joke.

I'm Danny fkn Heatley, I play for myself. That's what fkn all stars do.

I'm pretty sure I've suggested this before, but...

Home/road: Full-body Johnny Canuck on front, stick-in-rink on shoulders.

Alternate: Stick-in-rink on front, Millionaires' "V" on shoulders.

Swap the designations if you prefer. Either way, there you go, I fixed everything, and all I ask for is 1% of the gross on jersey sales.

On 1/25/2013 at 1:53 PM, 'Atom said:

For all the bird de lis haters I think the bird de lis isnt supposed to be a pelican and a fleur de lis I think its just a fleur de lis with a pelicans head. Thats what it looks like to me. Also the flair around the tip of the beak is just flair that fleur de lis have sometimes source I am from NOLA.

PotD: 10/19/07, 08/25/08, 07/22/10, 08/13/10, 04/15/11, 05/19/11, 01/02/12, and 01/05/12.

I'm pretty sure I've suggested this before, but...

Home/road: Full-body Johnny Canuck on front, stick-in-rink on shoulders.

Alternate: Stick-in-rink on front, Millionaires' "V" on shoulders.

Swap the designations if you prefer. Either way, there you go, I fixed everything, and all I ask for is 1% of the gross on jersey sales.

That's almost detail-for-detail the same as the concept I put together last night while I was watching the Blackhawks-Red Wings. Weird.

I fixed many of the striping issues that plague the current uniform as well.

PvO6ZWJ.png

The things which tick me off most about the Canucks uniforms are:

1) The collar doesn't have green in it. The home collar should be green (not blue) over white. The Road collar should be blue over green.

2) The stripes surrounding the thick green on both jerseys are far too thin, especially when the corresponding stripes on the socks are thicker and much better looking.

Other than that, I'm not a fan of the number font, I think the numbers would look much better with a thick green outline, and the orca logo sucks. However, the striping issues bother me the most.

OldRomanSig2.jpg

I will never get the love for Johnny Canuck. Full-body, head - whatever.

I like the orca logo and don't hate the script. My biggest issues are the striping and font problems Roman mentioned. Scrap Agency and go with white block numerals with a green outline for the home and blue with a green outline for the road. Get rid of the current third and use the throwback they wore for their 40th anniversary. The striping and fonts are superior, and the stick-in-rink logo looks better blue-on-white. Or, better yet, just put the orca logo on them and make it the primaries (But change the "C" and "A" patches. For historical accuracy, I'm fine with them on throwbacks, but if you're going to change them and make them the primaries anyways, fix that).

KurtenbachSedin.jpg

SigggggII_zps101350a9.png

Nobody cares about your humungous-big signature. 

PotD: 29/1/12

The things which tick me off most about the Canucks uniforms are:

1) The collar doesn't have green in it. The home collar should be green (not blue) over white. The Road collar should be blue over green.

2) The stripes surrounding the thick green on both jerseys are far too thin, especially when the corresponding stripes on the socks are thicker and much better looking.

Other than that, I'm not a fan of the number font, I think the numbers would look much better with a thick green outline, and the orca logo sucks. However, the striping issues bother me the most.

I have a similar take. I don't hate the ocra quite as much, but I really hate how green is off to the sides, but then nowhere on the logo or the numbers.

Disclaimer: If this comment is about an NBA uniform from 2017-2018 or later, do not constitute a lack of acknowledgement of the corporate logo to mean anything other than "the corporate logo is terrible and makes the uniform significantly worse."

BADGERS TWINS VIKINGS TIMBERWOLVES WILD

POTD (Shared)

I think as far as a Canucks rebrand goes, Justin Cox's redesign takes the cake.

CanucksCollab-JustinCoxColinMay.jpg

That set is absolutely perfect. Logos, colours, striping, everything. Only thing that might warrant a tweak is inverting the colours on the home logo.

(I obviously did not make this, and am not taking credit for it just to make it perfectly, explicitly clear.)

^ Not a huge fan of the 3rd (it's fine) but man I could live with those home and road jerseys for the rest of my life and be a happy man.

EDIT: Actually no, I wouldn't be completely happy because I hate the Johnny V logo. But that's my only gripe.

I'm Danny fkn Heatley, I play for myself. That's what fkn all stars do.

No. No roundel!

Mighty Ducks of Anaheim (CHL - 2018 Orr Cup Champions) Chicago Rivermen (UBA/WBL - 2014, 2015, 2017 Intercontinental Cup Champions)

King's Own Hexham FC (BIP - 2022 Saint's Cup Champions) Portland Explorers (EFL - Elite Bowl XIX Champions) Real San Diego (UPL) Red Bull Seattle (ULL - 2018, 2019, 2020 Gait Cup Champions) Vancouver Huskies (CL)

^ Not a huge fan of the 3rd (it's fine) but man I could live with those home and road jerseys for the rest of my life and be a happy man.

EDIT: Actually no, I wouldn't be completely happy because I hate the Johnny V logo. But that's my only gripe.

I think if they updated the Johnny V logos to make the V integrated into his shirt it would look great. But as far as home and roads go they're pretty much perfect.

Terrible.

y4aK2GS.png

It's not that uncommon, you know.

GretzkyKingsTrade.jpg

On 1/25/2013 at 1:53 PM, 'Atom said:

For all the bird de lis haters I think the bird de lis isnt supposed to be a pelican and a fleur de lis I think its just a fleur de lis with a pelicans head. Thats what it looks like to me. Also the flair around the tip of the beak is just flair that fleur de lis have sometimes source I am from NOLA.

PotD: 10/19/07, 08/25/08, 07/22/10, 08/13/10, 04/15/11, 05/19/11, 01/02/12, and 01/05/12.

Silver numbers on a white base is/was such a terrible idea.

The black outline only does so much.

I agree, but you'll likely get a lot of dissagreement on that. Several people on this board clamor for the Raiders to go back to silver numbers on the road jerseys.

OldRomanSig2.jpg

No. No roundel!

Yeah, that set's an improvement, but it still has some issues, with the roundel being one of them. Use the alternate jersey font on the primaries, and for the love of all things good, use straight hem stripes. As for the alternate jersey...I've never liked the idea of a green jersey for the Canucks, and Johnny should never see the front of a jersey (I'm OK with the "V"/head logo as a shoulder patch, but it should never be a crest and the full-bodied logo should never be on a jersey, period).

SigggggII_zps101350a9.png

Nobody cares about your humungous-big signature. 

PotD: 29/1/12

No. No roundel!

Yeah, that set's an improvement, but it still has some issues, with the roundel being one of them. Use the alternate jersey font on the primaries, and for the love of all things good, use straight hem stripes. As for the alternate jersey...I've never liked the idea of a green jersey for the Canucks, and Johnny should never see the front of a jersey (I'm OK with the "V"/head logo as a shoulder patch, but it should never be a crest and the full-bodied logo should never be on a jersey, period).

WRONG!!! The hem stripes should ALWAYS follow the contour of the hem. When they are straight and the hem is scalloped it looks terrible. When both are scalloped there appears to be straight in action on the players.

shamrockles.png

shamrocklescronological.png

Archived