2013-2014 NHL Uniform & Logo Changes

ksupilot

"What I wanted for this franchise was a logo and a look and a crest that when you look at it has timeless, original-six, vintage, classic qualities to it, and that's been the theme of what we've been pursuing," -Gaglardi

Have a sickening feeling the team is about to be "Yzermanized." The colours had better not be just Kelly Green and White, Gold needs to stick around in some capacity whether it's athletic or metallic.

Gaglardi has never been a member of the Red Wings, I think they'll be safe from any Yzermanisation.

Yzermanization need not involve Steve Yzerman or a former member of the Red Wings.

Mighty Ducks of Anaheim (CHL - 2018 Orr Cup Champions) Chicago Rivermen (UBA/WBL - 2014, 2015, 2017 Intercontinental Cup Champions)

King's Own Hexham FC (BIP - 2022 Saint's Cup Champions) Portland Explorers (EFL - Elite Bowl XIX Champions) Real San Diego (UPL) Red Bull Seattle (ULL - 2018, 2019, 2020 Gait Cup Champions) Vancouver Huskies (CL)

• Replies 6.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

What constitutes yzermanization? I know for a fact that its not just going to be green and white....... but I also know you guys are probably going to flip out if its not green, black, and gold..... I can't say much more, but does the inclusion of a secondary color other than white exclude them from tampa comparisons?

What constitutes yzermanization? I know for a fact that its not just going to be green and white....... but I also know you guys are probably going to flip out if its not green, black, and gold..... I can't say much more, but does the inclusion of a secondary color other than white exclude them from tampa comparisons?

Yzermanization is drastically simplifying a teams existing colour pallet, logo, and striping in order to give them a more 'classic' feel. Except it ends up looking really cheap, as if you're knocking off other teams.

The inclusion of a secondary colour other than white definitely helps, but you'd have to wait and see before the Tampa comparisons start.

From the wording on your post I suspect they may be adding a secondary colour other than black/gold.

The crest needs to have some depth to it... not something that can just be cut out of one layer of twill like the Lightning crest.

Separately, I think people here would be open to green and gold, green and black, or all three colors. If they bring in some color other than those, they will get criticized for reaching when they had such an easy solution right in front of them.

"What I wanted for this franchise was a logo and a look and a crest that when you look at it has timeless, original-six, vintage, classic qualities to it, and that's been the theme of what we've been pursuing," -Gaglardi

Have a sickening feeling the team is about to be "Yzermanized." The colours had better not be just Kelly Green and White, Gold needs to stick around in some capacity whether it's athletic or metallic.

just because they are going for an original 6 look doesn't mean they are going to be Yzermanized. 4 of the 6 original 6 teams feature a primary and secondary color.

I'm fairly sure it's not going to be a green and white jersey with a power point clip art logo. I'm hoping for green and gold with black trim with a subtle nod to the old North Stars.

islandersscroll.gif

Spoilers!

......but I also know you guys are probably going to flip out if its not green, black, and gold..... I can't say much more, but does the inclusion of a secondary color other than white exclude them from tampa comparisons?

So you've seen them?

If that secondary colour is not some form of Yellow or Gold, it's an instant fail in my books. Every jersey in the franchises history dating back to the North Stars has featured Green, White and Gold in some capacity. If they are trying to re-invent the wheel by using a different secondary colour like Navy, Silver or god forbid Red this will be a disaster.

Yzermanizing is removing all traits of the franchise history, aping other teams' established unique color scheme and an approximation of their uniform template. When I read the "original 6" quote, I immediately thought it would be a faceplant like the Lightning's set. If they also include gold, that will go a long way to making the look better.

It's disappointing to read that they won't be including black, though. I think kelly green and black is one of the best unused color schemes in sports. Black adds a little depth to the green jerseys, while the green really pops against a black background if they decide to go with a black jersey. I wish they would have kept the black as a tertiary color, but oh well.

OldRomanSig2.jpg

It's disappointing to read that they won't be including black

But how do we know that for sure?

I doubt they'll drop black and gold completely. I'm imagining them going with an 80's North Stars inspired look - regardless of whether I want them to, I think that's most likely what we're going to see - and I will eat my hat if they don't.

mTBXgML.png

PotD: 24/08/2017

In defence of the Wild's shade of green: At least now they will be the sole owners of that color.

Dallas and Minny will easily be told apart, next year. The Stars will looks like the Stars again, and the Wild will have great contrast in comparison.

In defence of the Wild's shade of green: At least now they will be the sole owners of that color.

Dallas and Minny will easily be told apart, next year. The Stars will looks like the Stars again, and the Wild will have great contrast in comparison.

I love the shade of green, I own the jersey and the colour is beautiful. The issue really is just at a distance, is that shade different than the one used on the original Wild jersey?

untitled-6.jpg

Just confirms why I don't like them jerseys. They're so drab.

Am I the only who's driven nuts by how much closer the bottom of the numbers are to the hem stripes than the nameplate to the phantom yoke?

The arm numbers are spaced much more generously than the name on number.

Blackhawks-@-Wild.jpg

I would only like their jerseys/sweaters if they were blank or if they dropped the yoke. Otherwise it just looks imbalanced to me.

eMXEIDC.png

toIYnW8.png

Archived