2013-2014 NHL Uniform & Logo Changes

ksupilot

Looks like they may throw the flag on the front. Might have some connection with "newstorm" since its not really a hurricane flag.

Downgraded to a tropical storm?

"If things have gone wrong, I'm talking to myself, and you've got a wet towel wrapped around your head."

• Replies 6.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

100% sure its the front. I have 4 edge Canucks jerseys and all of them have a different material on the shoulder yokes, despite being the same colour as the rest of the uni. The look of the fabric around the crest is identical to that of my other edge jerseys so there is no way in hell that's a shoulder.

sport-scarf_celtic-2_zps105bfcbf.png

Off topic, but those black Might Ducks alts were attrocious. Black was too close to the eggplant, so from a distance the eggplant disappeared and looked black. When you could clearly see the colors, you saw that those two colors look hideous together. Black was technically in their color scheme as a fourth color (or fifth behind white), but it was inappropriate for them to make a black jersey. That was made worse by them completely dropping the jade color from the jerseys. It also had the lace-up collar which looked silly on a team founded in 1993. Also, it had a freaking baseball script, which is always terrible on a hockey uniform. Those didn't have some of the outlandish features of '90s uniforms, but I would place those in the top five worst hockey jerseys ever, all things considered.

There was the added bonus that they were so close in color to their southern California neighbors.

Bad jersey all around. I was rooting against them in the 06 playoffs because they chose to wear those uniforms instead of the eggplant jerseys.

I rooted against them that year for that very reason as well. It would have been unfortunate if they had gone to the finals wearing those instead of the eggplant.

100% sure its the front. I have 4 edge Canucks jerseys and all of them have a different material on the shoulder yokes, despite being the same colour as the rest of the uni. The look of the fabric around the crest is identical to that of my other edge jerseys so there is no way in hell that's a shoulder.

Plus if that were the shoulder patch, there should be a seam running down the middle of the shoulder part of the fabric.

eMXEIDC.png

toIYnW8.png

Off topic, but those black Might Ducks alts were attrocious. Black was too close to the eggplant, so from a distance the eggplant disappeared and looked black. When you could clearly see the colors, you saw that those two colors look hideous together. Black was technically in their color scheme as a fourth color (or fifth behind white), but it was inappropriate for them to make a black jersey. That was made worse by them completely dropping the jade color from the jerseys. It also had the lace-up collar which looked silly on a team founded in 1993. Also, it had a freaking baseball script, which is always terrible on a hockey uniform. Those didn't have some of the outlandish features of '90s uniforms, but I would place those in the top five worst hockey jerseys ever, all things considered.

There was the added bonus that they were so close in color to their southern California neighbors.

Bad jersey all around. I was rooting against them in the 06 playoffs because they chose to wear those uniforms instead of the eggplant jerseys.

I rooted against them that year for that very reason as well. It would have been unfortunate if they had gone to the finals wearing those instead of the eggplant.

I don't mind that old black third, but as far as Ducks uniforms are concerned it's seriously overrated for what it is. It's nice looking and all, but it always felt to me like the sort of look any old team could pull off. A glorified fashion jersey, if you will.

Also, I'm still bitter that it influenced the team's decision to go with a script-based primary logo.

mTBXgML.png

PotD: 24/08/2017

It looks like there might be sleeve stripes (or back numbers) in the background.

Untitled.png

Also: The lower part of the red jersey looks empty. That looks like the front, and that view makes it increasingly more likely that the flag pattern gets removed.

One more thing: How about the main crest on the red jersey, and the alternate logo for the road crest?

Red helmet hopefully means red pants. Unless they're going to go all Islanderstupid on us.

134154667_display_image.jpg?1324606346

Those uniforms are hideous, but the blue helmet looks fine there because of the blue socks, with both serving as "anchor points" of sorts in the design.

Here are some better examples

Phoenix-Coyotes-Black-Alternate-Third-Jersey-2008-2010.jpg

71082659.jpg

I don't buy the socks or pant shell argument. Any time the helmet is a lighter color than the sweater it looks bad. Period.

pvill6hg0r6d1mxcifsgb3c0v.gifzroew6i4sougyzvje4p5vl1xr.gifah1lzmhq2ga4g15evfeape9t0.gifu9j9gjgn2t7ir1w783olorjrl.gif

wrt43ei5p9yr8luzhy2nzrgku.gifvg6vekhfcduc3gor038iccbbg.gifoejso3ji8h9jeoli89ga0e3tl.gifStarslogo_zps8d94a002.png

I like them all to varying degrees. Just not on the front of the jersey so much.

And lol at all your forensic examinations of whether that Canes pic is of a shoulder or a crest. You guys are so hillarious. I think it's a crest for the record. I don't think the stitching would be that small if it was a shoulder patch.

I'm Danny fkn Heatley, I play for myself. That's what fkn all stars do.

Looking forward to repainting the new Dallas logo for this bad boy.

Oh and redoing the entire board structure for next season too. Lots of work ahead lol

NHLstandingschart2011057_zps84b92235.jpg

I'm Danny fkn Heatley, I play for myself. That's what fkn all stars do.

Looking forward to repainting the new Dallas logo for this bad boy.

Oh and redoing the entire board structure for next season too. Lots of work ahead lol

I don't remember, did you make just the 1?

Archived