2013-2014 NHL Uniform & Logo Changes

ksupilot

• Replies 6.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

What if that's not silver, but just white beveling?

Could we be looking at a green-black-white uniform?

On September 20, 2012 at 0:50 AM, 'CS85 said:

It's like watching the hellish undead creakily shuffling their way out of the flames of a liposuction clinic dumpster fire.

On February 19, 2012 at 9:30 AM, 'pianoknight said:

Story B: Red Wings go undefeated and score 100 goals in every game. They also beat a team comprised of Godzilla, the ghost of Abraham Lincoln, 2 Power Rangers and Betty White. Oh, and they played in the middle of Iraq on a military base. In the sand. With no ice. Santa gave them special sand-skates that allowed them to play in shorts and t-shirts in 115 degree weather. Jesus, Zeus and Buddha watched from the sidelines and ate cotton candy.

POTD 5/24/12POTD 2/26/17

Silver. That came out of left field.

Just gonna add: the logo isn't bad and is simple enough to be 'timeless' I guess but it really all hinges on the uniforms. The bevel doesn't help though and the lack of gold from what we've seen so far will certainly test the fans over time. If they don't get it 100% right in this uniform reveal I fully expect fans to make a push to bring back the gold.

Midway.png

lol, it looks like someone with no design experience went into Illustrator, and put enough things together, so something looked like a logo

Not to mention three of the star points don't even connect fully with the 'D'. Looks incomplete and amateurish. Plus the colours are just meh.

I really hope that's not official.

For the record, the conversation in this thread about if my avatara was gold or silver was hilarious. Open it in ps. The star is silver. Entirely greyscale :) and yes these logos are legit. Roundel is an alternate. Dstar is the primary.

I don't hate it...it isn't the boring TB Lightning / Red Wings rip off we were all fearing.

Interested to see how it will look on a jersey...has it been confirmed they are using the SJ Sharks template? After an extensive redesign, would they really just copy another team's template?

70389454.png

For the record, the conversation in this thread about if my avatara was gold or silver was hilarious. Open it in ps. The star is silver. Entirely greyscale :) and yes these logos are legit. Roundel is an alternate. Dstar is the primary.

I'm impressed on how you were able to not give away the significant differences by saying something like "guys, the colors are totally different, some of you are propable gonna hate it". Especially considering the circulating worries of them dropping the gold, which they did.

You've already seen the Sharks too. I could understand if you can't give anything away either, but you already know if people are going to backlash when they see it. Same thing for Carolina maybe.

Well played Cole. Well played :D

My thoughts, from the other thread...

The silver isn't bad....it's just an odd choice. Why dump gold for silver? Regardless it'll be a unique scheme. Which is what's important. They're kelly green. They have a logo that incorporates a star and the initial of their location. They look like the Stars again. All in all, well done.

That aside I really like the D/star logo. That thing will make a great primary. The roundel I can take or leave. It's unoffensive as an alternate, but I wish they had kept a version of their State of Texas logo (with the new D/star) instead.

I've been expecting gold to disappear since I noticed your avatar change, which was a while before the conversation here.

I'm reserving judgment. The color scheme can work. Not using the roundel as the main is a plus. So much for all that North Stars debate.

I'm still a big believer in if it isn't broke don't fix it. That "Dallas Stars/Star" logo the team has used from day one (carrying it over from the Minnesota days) was great. Why change it to this generic D with star points? Plus the roundel version just sucks. (Like all roundel logos).

I still say the best jersey the Stars ever had were those great dark green star stripe jerseys from the turn of the century.

The Catch of the Day!

Archived