2013-2014 NHL Uniform & Logo Changes

ksupilot

• Replies 6.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Looks Helvetica Condensederiffic!

Same font used on the Pro Bowl jerseys, isn't it? Or else it's the same font as the Bengals.

Either way, we've seen it before. Not a bad font. Just kind of unoriginal (not that it's a bad thing...the NHL doesn't need stupid fonts like the NFL is getting).

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

Are we sure the new canes pic isn't part of the road jersey?

I think we are seeing bits and pieces of both the home and the road jersey, rather than just the red home jersey.

Are we sure the new canes pic isn't part of the road jersey?

I think we are seeing bits and pieces of both the home and the road jersey, rather than just the red home jersey.

I think you are right, and if thats the case, it looks like the away jerseys will have red shoulder yolks

Red pants?? A Wings-esque solid white sock stripe? (that won't be matching the other stripes already revealed?) Looks like red-bottomed sleeves as well. Interesting. Looks like they might be going down a similar road as the Lightning (which I don't like at all).

Untitled-1.png

HURRICANES | PANTHERS | WHITE SOX | WOLFPACK

Since none of this is adding up (to me, anyway) I decided to create a few mock-ups, attempting to combine the disparate images we've seen. I really hope these are wrong, that I've misinterpreted something or that there's a lot more revealing info to come, because I hate this look. It's bland and makes no sense, especially for the Canes.

uni_home.png

uni_road.png

What do you guys think? And everyone feel free to add their input and interpretations, and I'll continue to update these as developments warrant.

You. Have. Got. To. Be. Kidding. Me.

My excitement for this unveiling dwindles with every miserable teaser. The Hurricanes have had a unique, instantly recognizable identity since the franchises inception... Also has a Stanley Cup behind it. Why ditch it for this generic cookie cutter garbage...

anyone liking the SJ Sharks ' post-game hats? Those are sweet - teal / grey / black/ white. A nod to the future? Still such a dreary third jersey. You'd hope that with the team getting new primary/road sweaters, they'd use 'em in the playoffs going forward...

anyone liking the SJ Sharks ' post-game hats? Those are sweet - teal / grey / black/ white. A nod to the future? Still such a dreary third jersey. You'd hope that with the team getting new primary/road sweaters, they'd use 'em in the playoffs going forward...

Barely any talk/reports about new SJ Sharks uniforms. But could the sole removal of front numbers be considered a uniform change in the RBK catalog?

What if nothing else is changing?

Why must every NHL team try to play Original 6 dressup? This new Hurricanes look is already boring and we haven't seen it in full yet.

What was so wrong with this?

HB60hPI.png

Sure, it doesn't look like Ye Olde Carolina Hurricanes Original Six Hockey Club, but it was identifiable as theirs and a modern classic. The only changes they needed were to add the warning stripes to the sleeves and make the alternate logo look like an actual hurricane warning flag.

xLmjWVv.png

POTD: 2/4/12 3/4/12

Since none of this is adding up (to me, anyway) I decided to create a few mock-ups, attempting to combine the disparate images we've seen. I really hope these are wrong, that I've misinterpreted something or that there's a lot more revealing info to come, because I hate this look. It's bland and makes no sense, especially for the Canes.

uni_home.png

uni_road.png

What do you guys think? And everyone feel free to add their input and interpretations, and I'll continue to update these as developments warrant.

*Staal

sig.png

Barely any talk/reports about new SJ Sharks uniforms. But could the sole removal of front numbers be considered a uniform change in the RBK catalog?

What if nothing else is changing?

My gut says they're doing more than the cosmetic removal of numbers, especially since #s still reside on the front of their thirds (which they are keeping). Perhaps they are removing all orange/ replacing with grey?

*Staal

D'oh! Thanks.

If you look at the "NEW STORM" nameplate, It's above the yoke seem. ^ might want to add that to your mock up ^

Hadn't caught that... So do you think we're looking at something more like this? Sort of a late-90s Sabres nameplate treatment?

uni_road2.png

Why must every NHL team try to play Original 6 dressup?

Because this team's owner is from Detroit, fancies himself a patron of the city, and wishes he could have bought the Red Wings instead of settling for the crappy Hartford Whalers.

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

Archived