2013-2014 NHL Uniform & Logo Changes

ksupilot

I'm relieved the stadium series jerseys aren't going to the same fauxback route myself. Sure the Winter Classic has produced some great designs, Boston and Pittsburgh (2008) come to mind immediately, but the novelty has long since worn off. The designs for the 2012 WC in particular were terrible, same with the upcoming 2014 event... All they do is take design elements from the past, throw them together and add vintage white... Even if they don't fit (I'm looking at you Detroit).

Here's my one fear, Morgo. (And no, my fear is actually not that the jerseys will look like Turn Ahead the Clock MLB unis). My fear is that basically we'll get the SAME template for every single team participating in the Stadium Series, and all it will be is a standard jersey with typical striping and a giant chrome logo in the middle.

although, now that I think of this, this Stadium Series / plus the team's recent success just screams COLORADO AVS hosting in 2014 or 2015, no? Between the young stars, (the need to bring in creative, new sweaters), the team's proximity/ tie in to the sponsor, maybe the Avs will actually look decent in 2 years time... In fact, their logo with some chrome touch-ups could be just what the doctor ordered. I think the jersey looks really solid and ages nicely, but maybe that'll do the trick.

• Replies 6.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

how would you chrome a logo on a sweater?

Like just slapping on a stylized logo that someone basically took the file in Photoshop and found a way to make it chrome/embossed (whatever the feature is). Like basically seeing every Stad. Series jersey look like this:

$T2eC16V,!y8E9s2fjtFqBSZw,dd5eQ~~60_57.J

how would you chrome a logo on a sweater?

Like just slapping on a stylized logo that someone basically took the file in Photoshop and found a way to make it chrome/embossed (whatever the feature is). Like basically seeing every Stad. Series jersey look like this:

$T2eC16V,!y8E9s2fjtFqBSZw,dd5eQ~~60_57.J

So my fear is seeing 10 jerseys like this with a pre-made template that RBK can basically click and fill...Devils...red and green...edit...emboss...copy/paste...there's my rendering. Rangers...red/white/blue...edit....emboss...copy/paste...there's my rendering....

Here's my one fear,

You know what my one fear is? Getting my ass kicked by a giant ape.

oodaku_vs_king_kong.jpg

You'll be surprised how many nights I wake up screaming over that.

Sorry. I just speak like that. I didn't think of how it would be perceived. My bad ! But good reply :)

#weirdCCSLC

On 1/25/2013 at 1:53 PM, 'Atom said:

For all the bird de lis haters I think the bird de lis isnt supposed to be a pelican and a fleur de lis I think its just a fleur de lis with a pelicans head. Thats what it looks like to me. Also the flair around the tip of the beak is just flair that fleur de lis have sometimes source I am from NOLA.

PotD: 10/19/07, 08/25/08, 07/22/10, 08/13/10, 04/15/11, 05/19/11, 01/02/12, and 01/05/12.

...that Isles logo has some serious potential. They could drop a really nice looking uniform. However, they are the Islanders and this has a 1% chance of happening.

You're right.

12.fish-stick-uniform.jpg

a20791e1316e8886b3e3d9_m.JPG

1116-nyi-3rdunveil_crop_650x440.jpg?1321

1451566_10151973311195067_185577130_n.jp

In betting on that being the uni, with the NY replacing the ?. Brooklyn simplicity!

GO OILERS-GO BLUE JAYS-GO ESKIMOS-GO COLTS

I'm relieved the stadium series jerseys aren't going to the same fauxback route myself. Sure the Winter Classic has produced some great designs, Boston and Pittsburgh (2008) come to mind immediately, but the novelty has long since worn off. The designs for the 2012 WC in particular were terrible, same with the upcoming 2014 event... All they do is take design elements from the past, throw them together and add vintage white... Even if they don't fit (I'm looking at you Detroit).

But they always create Captain's patches in all different shapes and colors.

I know that's saved the new Sabres third for me. I thought it was simply awful until I found out that 3 people would be skating with different-looking captaincy patches :upside:

I'll respect any opinion that you can defend.

I got to admit, I wouldn't mind a futuristic look for these games. It certainly beats the "same old same old" throwbacks that teams tend to wear at these things.

Agreed. As long as they aren't butt-ugly (which is always possible with Reebok), I'm actually pretty excited about it.

See...no.

Just like retro for the sake of retro can give us some pretty bad or bland uniforms, so can futuristic for the sake of futuristic. If this "Chrome Series" crap is any indication we're in for some pretty horrendous uniforms. The fact that Reebok and the NHL designed them with little team input is even more concerning (especially when you consider that the worst of the initial Edge uniforms were the ones where Reebok had more "creative" freedom).

I wouldn't mind a one time TATC take on NHL uniforms, but I just don't have confidence that we're going to get something like that. I expect giant chrome logos on template sweater designs.

Is it really bad that I like that old orange Iles sweater?

(And the new black one FWIW)

The orange one forms an arrow that points directly to the player's crotch. Still, it's the lesser of the 2 evils.

The black one looks like a roller-hockey uniform. The orange one gets a pass. But if you like the black one, then should be thrown off the ship. :P (I'm kidding :D)

I know that's saved the new Sabres third for me. I thought it was simply awful until I found out that 3 people would be skating with different-looking captaincy patches :upside:

Speaking of, have they even worn that yet? Has it been scrapped?

5963ddf2a9031_dkO1LMUcopy.jpg.0fe00e17f953af170a32cde8b7be6bc7.jpg

| ANA | LAA | LAR | LAL | ASU | CSULBUSMNT | USWNTLAFC | OCSCMAN UTD |

Speaking of, have they even worn that yet? Has it been scrapped?

I hope not, I'm looking forward to seeing that on the ice now.

I got to admit, I wouldn't mind a futuristic look for these games. It certainly beats the "same old same old" throwbacks that teams tend to wear at these things.

Agreed. As long as they aren't butt-ugly (which is always possible with Reebok), I'm actually pretty excited about it.

See...no.

Just like retro for the sake of retro can give us some pretty bad or bland uniforms, so can futuristic for the sake of futuristic. If this "Chrome Series" crap is any indication we're in for some pretty horrendous uniforms. The fact that Reebok and the NHL designed them with little team input is even more concerning (especially when you consider that the worst of the initial Edge uniforms were the ones where Reebok had more "creative" freedom).

I wouldn't mind a one time TATC take on NHL uniforms, but I just don't have confidence that we're going to get something like that. I expect giant chrome logos on template sweater designs.

I think retro for retro's sake is better than futuristic for futuristic's sake. Retro throws back to something that was already around. It had to look somewhat good at some point, or at the very least we're more accustomed to seeing it. The Future ones are made up, banking that we're going to like some new trend that hasn't caught on yet, and therefore can be downright garish. I'm going to venture that Boring > Garish any day.

I'll respect any opinion that you can defend.

I would like to see them before I judge.

As bad as some of those 3rd jerseys were in the mid 90's, we also got this

497488.jpg

I'd like to hate that jersey because of the shoulders but I can't--the sublimation and asymmetry just makes it so weird and out there. Gotta pick up one of those babies someday.

Hope we'll see the Robopenguin come back as a shoulder patch.

Plus that jersey reminds me of the Dark Side of the Moon album cover, only with the prism inverted.

eMXEIDC.png

toIYnW8.png

Archived