2013-2014 NHL Uniform & Logo Changes

ksupilot

Jeez, everyone put the pitchforks down. I get it, hating Reebok is the cool new thing now (and justified to an extent), but can we at least get a glimpse of these new designs before we riot?

I get where you are coming from...but if the jerseys are all on the same template, then I don't care how great each looks in a vacuum...it's awful and it's not meant to represent "old tyme hockey", "outdoor hockey" or "team"...it's meant to represent Reebok. And I don't need to see it to be appalled by it.

(If it's not cookie cutter, then I'll give it a chance)

Disclaimer: If this comment is about an NBA uniform from 2017-2018 or later, do not constitute a lack of acknowledgement of the corporate logo to mean anything other than "the corporate logo is terrible and makes the uniform significantly worse."

BADGERS TWINS VIKINGS TIMBERWOLVES WILD

POTD (Shared)

• Replies 6.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Jeez, everyone put the pitchforks down. I get it, hating Reebok is the cool new thing now (and justified to an extent), but can we at least get a glimpse of these new designs before we riot?

It's CCSLC... If it's not some adaptation of a generic jersey from 70's with a flat logo, vintage white and no more than two colours it's automatically bad.

I'd say the outrage has less to do with traditionalists vs. modernists and more to do with the fact that, with the exception of the Kings, they're all going to wear the same generic and probably ugly template.

xLmjWVv.png

POTD: 2/4/12 3/4/12

Seems odd to me that the Devils would just bend over an take it from Reebok on these. Lou L has such a hard line stance with the uniforms and only even wearing throwbacks on rare occasions. I just can't see them going out in some chromed up clown suit in their first appearance on a national outdoor stage.

Funny how the Kings stood up to Reebok with these, yet they leave their atrocious primaries alone.

Jinx! Buy me a coke, Bubba Gump. Was gonna say that !

Seems odd to me that the Devils would just bend over an take it from Reebok on these. Lou L has such a hard line stance with the uniforms and only even wearing throwbacks on rare occasions. I just can't see them going out in some chromed up clown suit in their first appearance on a national outdoor stage.

Just wait, Lion, it's gonna be siiiiiiiiiick. As in -- make you siiiiiiiiiick

It's CCSLC... If it's not some adaptation of a generic jersey from 70's with a flat logo, vintage white and no more than two colours it's automatically bad.

From what I've gathered, most people on this board hate the use of vintage white. Me included.

jNTsTyQ.png

Sadly though, I'll bet that the Isles Stadium Series jersey will look better than the steaming pile that is their third jersey.

It ain't hard to look better than their crappy 3rd jersey

Hey, besides it being BFBS, I really (I mean really) like that sweater, beats the crap out of the new Nike stuff.

Something tells me that the Chrome it to show the newness of multiple outdoor games per season, not exactly that Chrome will be emblazoned on their jerseys.

That'd be my bet, I know the NHL isn't the best decision maker, but I don't see them going way over the top here. Cookie-cutter, yes. Pseudo-UglyModern, yes, over the top bells and whistles "LOOK AT ME, I'M THE NBA, pay attention to me ... please :cry: ", no. I'm holding out judgment until I see these "sweaters" for myself.

From what I've gathered, most people on this board hate the use of vintage white. Me included.

It's kind of a touchy half-and-half, but it's a consensus that vintage is mostly classy is mostly better than what Reebok can do with their original designs.

Also, something that's been bugging me a little, does anyone know why there's an apparent lack of third jersey schedules released this year? By two seasons ago (sans-lockout) we had all of them before the season started, am I right?

I wish people would stop whining about uniforms not being in their personal aesthetic. They whine about modern teams in "original 6 dress up" then whine about these possible "modern" uniforms for the outdoor games. We get it, you don't like anything except for the Blackhawks and wish the "next 6" teams to go back to their inaugural uniforms. We got a lot of elitist here thinking their ideas are what's best for the nhl and anything else is trash in their eyes.

Yes, there are a lot, but sometimes if a lot of people think it, it's true. A lot of teams got it right on their first try, or a second try where minimal changes are made.

Here's a list of teams that have never looked better after they changed their sweaters., I chose what most people might consider a consensus. (Bold teams point out that they're still using or brought back their original/semi-original sweaters)

Anaheim (Mighty) Ducks

Atlanta/Calgary Flames

Buffalo Sabres (ish)

Colorado Avalanche

Detroit Red Wings

Edmonton Oilers

Florida Panthers

La Kings

Minnesota Wild

Montreal Canadiens (Well...)

New York Islanders

New York Rangers

Ottawa Senators

Philadelphia Flyers

San Jose Sharks

Tampa Bay Lightning

Vancouver Canucks (They sorta brought it back, but it still doesn't look good with the constipated whale and the huge VANCOUVER over it.)

Sadly though, I'll bet that the Isles Stadium Series jersey will look better than the steaming pile that is their third jersey.

It ain't hard to look better than their crappy 3rd jersey

In a post from last year, most of the board agreed that a turd looked better than the Islanders third jersey.

Archived