2013-2014 NHL Uniform & Logo Changes

ksupilot

I wish people would stop whining about uniforms not being in their personal aesthetic. They whine about modern teams in "original 6 dress up" then whine about these possible "modern" uniforms for the outdoor games. We get it, you don't like anything except for the Blackhawks and wish the "next 6" teams to go back to their inaugural uniforms. We got a lot of elitist here thinking their ideas are what's best for the nhl and anything else is trash in their eyes.

Yes, there are a lot, but sometimes if a lot of people think it, it's true. A lot of teams got it right on their first try, or a second try where minimal changes are made.

Here's a list of teams that have never looked better after they changed their sweaters., I chose what most people might consider a consensus. (Bold teams point out that they're still using or brought back their original/semi-original sweaters)

Anaheim (Mighty) Ducks

Atlanta/Calgary Flames

Buffalo Sabres (ish)

Colorado Avalanche

Detroit Red Wings

Edmonton Oilers

Florida Panthers

La Kings

Minnesota Wild

Montreal Canadiens (Well...)

New York Islanders

New York Rangers

Ottawa Senators

Philadelphia Flyers

San Jose Sharks

Tampa Bay Lightning

Vancouver Canucks (They sorta brought it back, but it still doesn't look good with the constipated whale and the huge VANCOUVER over it.)

Very well said. I totally agree. You are spot on regarding the Canucks. However, I predict that the Canucks will "finish" their re-branding within 2 to 4 years after their Vancouver Millionaires Stanley Cup centennial celebrations are over and done with. There were a lot of legal and licensing issues involved when the Canucks brought back their original colours(the ownership trial, not owning certain trademarks at the time).

• Replies 6.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Pretty soon we'll be using the acronym FFFS instead of BFBS around here in the next few years.

Futuristic for Futuristic's Sake?

you got it.

I'm Danny fkn Heatley, I play for myself. That's what fkn all stars do.

http://ottawateamshop.ca/collections/heritageclassic

This pretty much confirms that Ottawa is bringing out a new sweater for the classic.

Edit: They also showed a small teaser captioned "first look", it looks like it'll be white and doesn't look like barberpole. Also it will be revealed November 28th

WE HAVE A DATE FOR ONE! FINALLY

563745_10151974877639477_562221360_n.jpg

And there will be regular teasers btw. video and pictures

http://ottawateamshop.ca/collections/heritageclassic

This pretty much confirms that Ottawa is bringing out a new sweater for the classic.

Edit: They also showed a small teaser captioned "first look", it looks like it'll be white and doesn't look like barberpole. Also it will be revealed November 28th

WE HAVE A DATE FOR ONE! FINALLY

563745_10151974877639477_562221360_n.jpg

And there will be regular teasers btw. video and pictures

How can you tell if its barberpole or not from a closeup picture of the patch?

n193600158_30266861_5084.jpg

UserBar_CCSLC.jpg

Just speculating because both areas of the sweaters shown are white, where in the Barberpole sweaters that Binghampton used a couple years back had stripes thick enough so that both areas shown would be of different colours.

It could either be a barberpole jersey with thicker stripes (one of the problems with Binghamton's and Montreal's was that the stripes were too thin), or just an inverted heritage jersey. The biggest question is white or "vintage white"? Every time I look at that preview I have a different answer. Here's hoping they don't screw it up and go vintage white (but my gut tells me they will).

It could either be a barberpole jersey with thicker stripes (one of the problems with Binghamton's and Montreal's was that the stripes were too thin), or just an inverted heritage jersey. The biggest question is white or "vintage white"? Every time I look at that preview I have a different answer. Here's hoping they don't screw it up and go vintage white (but my gut tells me they will).

It looks like regular white to me, but then it could just be in comparison to the wheat on the patch.

Yeah, but do you think they'd put that on a coloured sweater? That may be the outline of the patch but that doing so pretty much says that the sweater will be white.

Why not? Pretty much every single Winter Classic colored jersey has a white outlined patch. (ex: Pittsburgh 2011, Detroit 2014, Chicago 2009 etc etc.)

I just think that if it was that poorly cut, then they could just use the tan outline on the logo itself.

Icethetics has a couple photos of player shirseys for the stadium series. In both cases (NYR & PIT), the numbers are in the teams' standard fonts, but are noticeably narrower and taller. Using my Jump To Conclusions Mat, perhaps this means jerseys with wide, contrasting side panels, and no hem stripes?

The Rangers' numbers are done in the old Lady Liberty white jersey color scheme, which is nice to see again.

On 1/25/2013 at 1:53 PM, 'Atom said:

For all the bird de lis haters I think the bird de lis isnt supposed to be a pelican and a fleur de lis I think its just a fleur de lis with a pelicans head. Thats what it looks like to me. Also the flair around the tip of the beak is just flair that fleur de lis have sometimes source I am from NOLA.

PotD: 10/19/07, 08/25/08, 07/22/10, 08/13/10, 04/15/11, 05/19/11, 01/02/12, and 01/05/12.

Icethetics has a couple photos of player shirseys for the stadium series. In both cases (NYR & PIT), the numbers are in the teams' standard fonts, but are noticeably narrower and taller. Using my Jump To Conclusions Mat, perhaps this means jerseys with wide, contrasting side panels, and no hem stripes?

The Rangers' numbers are done in the old Lady Liberty white jersey color scheme, which is nice to see again.

I just went there and scrolled the front page, and I can't find the pics. ???

I just went there and scrolled the front page, and I can't find the pics. ???

I didn't , either.

Archived