2013-2014 NHL Uniform & Logo Changes

ksupilot

already been posted, apparently the uniforms were suppose to be inspired by the yankees too, but the MLB had other plans

I don't know if I buy that. The Rangers could use pinstripes all they wanted, and could even put a navy/white version of their logo on the front. Unless they were going to borrow the Yankees' NY (like the Knicks did in the '80s), there wouldn't be a thing MLB could do about it.

OldRomanSig2.jpg

• Replies 6.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Could that be Crawford's pads in the background?

Not sure about that, but I see either Bernier or Reimer's leafs pads

On September 20, 2012 at 0:50 AM, 'CS85 said:

It's like watching the hellish undead creakily shuffling their way out of the flames of a liposuction clinic dumpster fire.

On February 19, 2012 at 9:30 AM, 'pianoknight said:

Story B: Red Wings go undefeated and score 100 goals in every game. They also beat a team comprised of Godzilla, the ghost of Abraham Lincoln, 2 Power Rangers and Betty White. Oh, and they played in the middle of Iraq on a military base. In the sand. With no ice. Santa gave them special sand-skates that allowed them to play in shorts and t-shirts in 115 degree weather. Jesus, Zeus and Buddha watched from the sidelines and ate cotton candy.

POTD 5/24/12POTD 2/26/17

already been posted, apparently the uniforms were suppose to be inspired by the yankees too, but the MLB had other plans

I don't know if I buy that. The Rangers could use pinstripes all they wanted, and could even put a navy/white version of their logo on the front. Unless they were going to borrow the Yankees' NY (like the Knicks did in the '80s), there wouldn't be a thing MLB could do about it.

Not 100% sure on that. Gothamite can help me out on this one if he wants, because I think I remember him going over this, but navy blue pinstripes on white for the purpose of promoting New York sports at Yankee Stadium sounds pretty close to infringement. It's certainly more egregious than daring to use the phrase "the Big Game" in a spot to promote some pissant sports bar doing 25-cent wings on Super Bowl night, but that's more a commentary on how crappy the NFL is.

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

Maybe MLB said no. Maybe the Yankees said no. They probably did. But I get the impression that it might also have something to do with the NHL suddenly deciding that everything is going to be chrome and quote unquote futuristic. Old timey Yankees pinstripes don't really go with this image the NHL is trying to create with the Stadium Series.

Similarly, there were rumours apparently started by a Ducks employee that their jersey would feature the Mighty Ducks logo on the front. And yet, the logo that got the chrome treatment is the webfoot D. Since the NHL pulled this chrome stuff out of their arse, I think it's a safe bet that those rumours have been flushed down the bog.

mTBXgML.png

PotD: 24/08/2017

"@TGfireandice: For those who've beem asking, Lou Lamoriello said Devils will be wearing original red jerseys with green in outdoor game at Yankee Stadium."

WOOOOOOOO!

On 1/25/2013 at 1:53 PM, 'Atom said:

For all the bird de lis haters I think the bird de lis isnt supposed to be a pelican and a fleur de lis I think its just a fleur de lis with a pelicans head. Thats what it looks like to me. Also the flair around the tip of the beak is just flair that fleur de lis have sometimes source I am from NOLA.

PotD: 10/19/07, 08/25/08, 07/22/10, 08/13/10, 04/15/11, 05/19/11, 01/02/12, and 01/05/12.

Honestly, I get stretching out the font a bit. It's in a stadium, not an arena. The fans are farther from the players than usual. it would make some sense to make the fonts more legible at distance.

Beyond that, nothing else should be changed from the current trend of Winter/Heritage Classic throwbacks and fauxbacks.

I'll respect any opinion that you can defend.

Also notice how the Devils are the only team that doesnt have a stretched out font on their Stadium Series shirts (from what we have seen so far) . I wouldn't be surprised if all of the other teams have some cookie cutter design and the Devils flat out just said no. Lamoriello is extremely strict when it comes to jerseys, and he is the sole reason that the Devils have never had a third jersey. Sucks that there is no "new" jersey to buy since they just wore them a few years ago as throwbacks, but I would rather that than some chrome futuristic jersey.

Maybe the red-and-green throwback gets some "chrome" touches on the crest and the numbers, and possibly on the sleeve and hem striping, like dazzle nylon.

On 1/25/2013 at 1:53 PM, 'Atom said:

For all the bird de lis haters I think the bird de lis isnt supposed to be a pelican and a fleur de lis I think its just a fleur de lis with a pelicans head. Thats what it looks like to me. Also the flair around the tip of the beak is just flair that fleur de lis have sometimes source I am from NOLA.

PotD: 10/19/07, 08/25/08, 07/22/10, 08/13/10, 04/15/11, 05/19/11, 01/02/12, and 01/05/12.

For what it's worth, Icethetics missed an important nuance with the Stadium Series t-shirts. The 4 name/number shirts that he showed (Rangers, Islanders, Penguins, Hawks) all used the chrome logos. The Devils version, which is not shown there, uses the non-chromed throwback logo. There is a Devils shirt for sale with the chrome logo (similar to the Kings shirt on Icethetics in terms of "patch" placement), but it's not the shirsey.

BCBannersSig.png

The Red and Green scheme is perfect for special events, I just wish they'd design a better jersey for it. The striping in particular leaves a lot to be desired. What would be great is if they replaced black with green on the current red jersey. Chrome logo or not.

I have no problem with the Flames red and yellow scheme of the 80's and early 90's. While done properly, black is fine as an accent for them, but I'm going to explain to Lee that he's wrong 100%. The team is called the Flames, not the burnt ashes. I have never seen a black flame, nor will you ever. I've just never seen the problem with the Flames jerseys of the 80's/early 90's. It's simple and clean. Adding black to it, would start to clutter it up. Actually, come to think of it, with the exception of the chevron jerseys, the Flames have been a cluttered mess. Even on the chevron jerseys, the numbers and names are a cluttered mess with the black on it. There are ways to add contrast to a jersey to make the colors pop, but I think black is not the best choice, it's the lazy choice. If I would add a contrast color, it would be a maroon accent, then you could have white hot, yellow a cooler flame, red an even cooler flame (or orange), and maroon the coolest flame. Of course, if you wanted to do something outside the box for the Flames, you could do a blue-white scheme.

Maroon's not a bad choice for the Red/Yellow,, but what about Red/Orange/Black or Red/Orsnge/Dark Gray?

Archived