2013-2014 NHL Uniform & Logo Changes

ksupilot

• Replies 6.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Even if they don't want to use the 'O' full time- use the updated 2d Senator on the front. *Salivates*

It's a shame that they barely used it and it was only used for a couple of years. Who was the guy who thought the current logo was better than that?

Eugene? :suspect:

I never understood why the guy's face is white. Why not make it a slight skin tone?

When they first introduced the forward-facing senator his face was skin toned. They switched to an almost-white when they added the black and gold 3rd, and went completely white with the Edge logo. One of the Sens jerseys I have has the first logo and IMO the skin tone made an already bad logo look worse. Up close it wasn't bad, but from afar the face looked muddled and it was tough to make out the facial features. Simpler is better.

Here's the first version with the skin tone: http://www.nhluniforms.com/Senators/SenatorsNEW05.html

And here's the whitened version: http://www.nhluniforms.com/Senators/SenatorsNEW06.html

looks a bit off-white to me

Dump their current home and road, promote their current third to home, and this to road.

Ottawa Fixed.

I'd rather the Senators wear their current home and away jerseys for the rest of the teams existence than see that happen.

To have such beauties as this in your locker room, and yet wear the current set that's quite possibly worst in the league is frustrating to watch.

Even if they don't want to use the 'O' full time- use the updated 2d Senator on the front. *Salivates*

This. The =O= is barely good enough to be a secondary mark let alone the main crest.

I don't think the marketing fluff BS has been posted yet... I got a chuckle. Can't wait to see how horrible these look in action.

The third jersey, which was revealed via the team’s social media platforms in September, was designed by the Sabres’ creative team in collaboration with Reebok. Challenged by Sabres ownership to use gold as the primary jersey color for the first time in team history, the design team looked at jerseys and uniforms from across the full spectrum of professional sports for inspiration. The result was a two-tone jersey with gold as the primary color on the front and navy blue on the back. This design concept is believed to be a first for the NHL.

A newly designed Buffalo Sabres wordmark appears on the players’ pant leg as well as just below the neckline on the main jersey, right above the Sabres’ traditional crest on the front of the jersey. Additionally, a unique font and number art were designed by Reebok and were inspired by the tips of actual sabers. The all-new font is used for the jersey numbers as well as players’ names. Captain and alternate captain insignia incorporate crossed sabers as design elements and the patches have been moved from the traditional spot on the chest to the shoulder of the jersey.

The list of teams the Sabres are playing against while wearing the alt is pretty telling--nothing remotely close to either side of the jersey. (The Penguins' black is a bit of a stretch.)

What a lame idea.

eMXEIDC.png

toIYnW8.png

Doesn't look like a cape on the ice. Just solid navy all the way down.

These RBK 2.0 jerseys really get marked up quick. Miller's jersey already has a substantial puckmark to the left of the crest.

The socks really make the perfect garnish for this turdburger.

I put this up there with the rejected Blues 3rds from 1996. Zero redeeming qualities. Would not buy on $50 clearance as a novelty.

On 1/25/2013 at 1:53 PM, 'Atom said:

For all the bird de lis haters I think the bird de lis isnt supposed to be a pelican and a fleur de lis I think its just a fleur de lis with a pelicans head. Thats what it looks like to me. Also the flair around the tip of the beak is just flair that fleur de lis have sometimes source I am from NOLA.

PotD: 10/19/07, 08/25/08, 07/22/10, 08/13/10, 04/15/11, 05/19/11, 01/02/12, and 01/05/12.

Cue the overreaction memes. What is this the college football thread?

Surprising terrible element of these jerseys is at first glance all the players look like they have their sleeves rolled, exposing their elbow pads due to the dingy gray on the sleeves.

Archived