2013-2014 NHL Uniform & Logo Changes

ksupilot

Oh geez... could we see "futuristic" chromed helmets for the Stadium Series?

052013_sweden1.jpg

On September 20, 2012 at 0:50 AM, 'CS85 said:

It's like watching the hellish undead creakily shuffling their way out of the flames of a liposuction clinic dumpster fire.

On February 19, 2012 at 9:30 AM, 'pianoknight said:

Story B: Red Wings go undefeated and score 100 goals in every game. They also beat a team comprised of Godzilla, the ghost of Abraham Lincoln, 2 Power Rangers and Betty White. Oh, and they played in the middle of Iraq on a military base. In the sand. With no ice. Santa gave them special sand-skates that allowed them to play in shorts and t-shirts in 115 degree weather. Jesus, Zeus and Buddha watched from the sidelines and ate cotton candy.

POTD 5/24/12POTD 2/26/17

• Replies 6.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Cue the overreaction memes. What is this; the college football thread?

You people overreact to the smallest things...

You guys do know that you're posting on a site for aesthetic and artistic nerds, do you? Any reaction is considered, "fair game," so give others some slack at the thought of seeing Buffalo's sweater and thinking that someone ran over their puppy.
If you truly believed "any reaction" you'd have no issue with the two posts you quoted.

Really don't see how the overreaction posts that omit any commentary on why they feel like their puppy got run over do any good.

You people overreact to the smallest things, this honestly doesn't look too bad, compared to what it could have been.

Think about what you just typed. "Compared to what it could have been".

So that's how you evaluate design? Not that it's "good", but that it could have been "worse"? I would think that when a team comes up with a concept and hires a designer to execute it, they're going in to it thinking that they are going to have something that's really nice. They don't say "don't make it too bad... leave some room there."

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

cbe40ver0fdixhaag4regu3k0.gif3109.gifmt0sb106vq1t9wff53rzn98j9.gif

From Sudbury to Peterborough, now in Sherbrooke

2v274et.jpgWonderfully done by Silent Wind of Doom

That didn't stop them from prematurely unveiling an incorrect early version of the Flames' third.

Mighty Ducks of Anaheim (CHL - 2018 Orr Cup Champions) Chicago Rivermen (UBA/WBL - 2014, 2015, 2017 Intercontinental Cup Champions)

King's Own Hexham FC (BIP - 2022 Saint's Cup Champions) Portland Explorers (EFL - Elite Bowl XIX Champions) Real San Diego (UPL) Red Bull Seattle (ULL - 2018, 2019, 2020 Gait Cup Champions) Vancouver Huskies (CL)

They could have had the jerseys for the game and then waited, I dont know maybe a week or two. Question though because it has taken this long to unveil the jerseys for the Stadium series could it have been because the designs were not finalized until recently. It seems as though teams had ideas ie: New York yankees themed but NHL kiboshed and went with cookie cutter designs for all of the teams?

cbe40ver0fdixhaag4regu3k0.gif3109.gifmt0sb106vq1t9wff53rzn98j9.gif

From Sudbury to Peterborough, now in Sherbrooke

2v274et.jpgWonderfully done by Silent Wind of Doom

Question, for those of you who play/own the game, if you play a season with the Islanders/Rangers/Devils/Ducks/Kings, etc. does the game on the date of their actual outdoor game, get played outside in Yankee/Dodger Stadium? Or is it just like any other game?

Question, for those of you who play/own the game, if you play a season with the Islanders/Rangers/Devils/Ducks/Kings, etc. does the game on the date of their actual outdoor game, get played outside in Yankee/Dodger Stadium? Or is it just like any other game?

just like every other game. they have a winter classic section and you can be any team, but it will only be in Pitt or Philadelphia (i think just those two are in it?? havent been in that section in a while).

Yeah, in season it's at the rink of the hosting team. Ducks/Kings are at Staples Center, Rangers/Islanders are at Nassau Coliseum, etc.

And yes, the Winter Classic section has Heinz Field in Pittsburgh or Citizen's Bank Ballpark as the options.

5963ddf2a9031_dkO1LMUcopy.jpg.0fe00e17f953af170a32cde8b7be6bc7.jpg

| ANA | LAA | LAR | LAL | ASU | CSULBUSMNT | USWNTLAFC | OCSCMAN UTD |

Maybe they'll add it with a roster update, like they did in NHL 12 with Winnipeg who hadn't unveiled their uniforms in time

Too bad EA Sports can't add in all the football stadiums since they have them on Madden. I remember on Madden 06, 49ers/Cardinals at Estadio Azteca was at Scum Devil Stadium, not in Mexico.

san-francisco-giants-cap.jpgsanfranciscob.gifArizonaWildcats4.gifcalirvine.jpg
BEAR DOWN ARIZONA!

2013/14 Tanks Picks Champion

Cue the overreaction memes. What is this; the college football thread?

You people overreact to the smallest things...

You guys do know that you're posting on a site for aesthetic and artistic nerds, do you? Any reaction is considered, "fair game," so give others some slack at the thought of seeing Buffalo's sweater and thinking

that someone ran over their puppy.

I do not accept this as an excuse for the continued dumbing down of this discussion board. What used to be a spectrum of opinion and nuanced discussion has devolved into a race to see who can dislike the newest thing the quickest and snarkiest.

Yeah. We are nerds. But we used to be smarter. There are still people who are capable and I am thankful that they retain the patience needed to soldier on.

I don't care about the memes. At least they are sometimes entertaining. But can we tone down the hyperbole? If any of you honestly are that pissed about inverting a sock pattern or widening a stripe- well, you're entitled to your opinion but your opinion is wrong and likely best kept to yourself.

When every change is treated like Islanders fishsticks it becomes impossible to take any of you seriously. The Sabres alt is bad. When calm I can think of at least six current uniforms that are worse.

Tl:dr- the unnecessary hyperbole- knock it the f#@k off

nhl94vansigpng.png

Archived