2013-2014 NHL Uniform & Logo Changes

ksupilot

Does anyone know if the Devils are continuing their tradition of wearing the heritage jersey for St. Patty's day in 2014?

They didn't wear it last season. So,except if it was because of the lockout, they're done wearing it i guess (wich is a bad thing imo)

• Replies 6.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Very much agree on the use of the gold, so why can't the "O" be in that color on the new jerseys? I think that would be the ultimate : It goes with the classic design and colors and yet uses the gold to both tie in to the modern incarnation of the Sens and differentiate them from Carolina/Devils etc.

You know, I wouldn't go with a gold O...but maybe if we stick slightly with the Roman theme you could do something with the shield and gold laurel leaves wrapping the O or something...

Very much agree on the use of the gold, so why can't the "O" be in that color on the new jerseys? I think that would be the ultimate : It goes with the classic design and colors and yet uses the gold to both tie in to the modern incarnation of the Sens and differentiate them from Carolina/Devils etc.

You know, I wouldn't go with a gold O...but maybe if we stick slightly with the Roman theme you could do something with the shield and gold laurel leaves wrapping the O or something...

Good idea ! I'd love to see a mock of that ... See, this is how uniform collaboration should work.....RBK!

Does anyone know if the Devils are continuing their tradition of wearing the heritage jersey for St. Patty's day in 2014?

They didn't wear it last season. So,except if it was because of the lockout, they're done wearing it i guess (wich is a bad thing imo)

Previous poster says they will return. :)

Sabres President Ted Black got involved with the interactive video the team put out to simulate being called up to the Sabres and to order his customized third jersey. Great job TB!

http://sabres.c1ms.com/2014/

1476652_10152032632542044_895099496_n.jp

This... is flippin halarious! I can't stop laughing at it.

chris_creamer_siggy.png

Please do not fool yourself, the Buccaneers jersey is conceptually and creatively an abomination. Read the "FANFARE" Here...

Is it me or does anyone else think the teams involved in the Heritage classic are getting lazy? THe first one, the Habs really didn't do much to their jersey and the Oilers went back to their original jersey. The second one in Calgary, only the Flames did something while the Habs just changed their number fontdifferent and now for this one, Vancouver is already using an existing jersey they wore last season and Ottaw is just doing an old colour switch-a-roo. Seems to me there is not a whole lot of creativity these days when it comes to the Heritage Classic.

Is it me or does anyone else think the teams involved in the Heritage classic are getting lazy? THe first one, the Habs really didn't do much to their jersey and the Oilers went back to their original jersey. The second one in Calgary, only the Flames did something while the Habs just changed their number fontdifferent and now for this one, Vancouver is already using an existing jersey they wore last season and Ottaw is just doing an old colour switch-a-roo. Seems to me there is not a whole lot of creativity these days when it comes to the Heritage Classic.

1467316_10152214618386055_425491157_n.jp

Looks good regardless...

It may be laziness but when the jersey in question looks good, there's no reason to put in the effort to create a new one. With few variations, the Canadiens have been wearing the same jersey since the NHL began play. Why fix what isn't broken?

Mighty Ducks of Anaheim (CHL - 2018 Orr Cup Champions) Chicago Rivermen (UBA/WBL - 2014, 2015, 2017 Intercontinental Cup Champions)

King's Own Hexham FC (BIP - 2022 Saint's Cup Champions) Portland Explorers (EFL - Elite Bowl XIX Champions) Real San Diego (UPL) Red Bull Seattle (ULL - 2018, 2019, 2020 Gait Cup Champions) Vancouver Huskies (CL)

I only hope that when it's Winnipeg's time to host the HC, they go with a WHA match up, 1972 Jets v Minnesota Fighting Saints. Or bring in Carolina and go for the classic Jets/Whalers matchup. Those were always barnburners.

Welcome to DrunjFlix

This game is gonna feature a lot of vintage white. The Sens' jersey and socks against the Canucks pants, jersey stripes, names and numbers. They haven't shown it yet but I'm going to assume that Ottawa will wear black helmets.

1474404_10152002827384477_1701282218_n.j

Looks like Vancouver is gonna stick with the milionaires uniform, wich was pretty obvious. I would've loved to see the Pavel Bure-era uniforms tough

What a bore...

Especially considering the other options each team has in their varied histories.

1474404_10152002827384477_1701282218_n.j

Looks like Vancouver is gonna stick with the milionaires uniform, wich was pretty obvious. I would've loved to see the Pavel Bure-era uniforms tough

Considering what the ownership did with their '94 Cup run banner, I doubt we'll ever see those hit the ice in any form, anytime soon.

I only hope that when it's Winnipeg's time to host the HC, they go with a WHA match up, 1972 Jets v Minnesota Fighting Saints. Or bring in Carolina and go for the classic Jets/Whalers matchup. Those were always barnburners.

Would have been cool if the WHA Four had all stuck around and we could have had a 30th/40th/yearieth anniversary spectacular with the New England Whalers, orange Alberta Oilers where everyone's surname is Alberta, and those weird pale blue sweaters the Nords wore their first year:

Nordiques1.png

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

Or bring in Phoenix and do a Jets vs. Jets?

Would have been cool if the WHA Four had all stuck around and we could have had a 30th/40th/yearieth anniversary spectacular with the New England Whalers, orange Alberta Oilers where everyone's surname is Alberta, and those weird pale blue sweaters the Nords wore their first year:

Nordiques1.png

I wasn't aware of those jerseys. But I think they're fantastic. The white stripe under the yoke, and the double stripes on the upper arms with the number inside. Wow.

If by "fantastic" you mean dreadfully ugly, sure.

+1. Way too much red and none of the striping patterns match. Perhaps most importantly though, no fleur de lis hem striping which I believe to be the best aspect of the teams identity.

Archived