2013-2014 NHL Uniform & Logo Changes

ksupilot

The Canucks' 1996 gradient alternate is currently available as a 550 Vintage, so hey, anything's possible.

On 1/25/2013 at 1:53 PM, 'Atom said:

For all the bird de lis haters I think the bird de lis isnt supposed to be a pelican and a fleur de lis I think its just a fleur de lis with a pelicans head. Thats what it looks like to me. Also the flair around the tip of the beak is just flair that fleur de lis have sometimes source I am from NOLA.

PotD: 10/19/07, 08/25/08, 07/22/10, 08/13/10, 04/15/11, 05/19/11, 01/02/12, and 01/05/12.

• Replies 6.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The Leafs told Reebok to stick it when Reebok tried to push their template crap on them. No reason to believe other teams couldn't have done so.

Looking at what the Leafs had to wear from '07 to '10 makes me think that Reebok still won in the end. Kinda.

Uncle Fletcher made a bad move dropping those hem stripes.

It was Ferguson, if I remember correctly, who dropped the hem stripes. And that wasn't a case of Reebok "winning." It was a case of Ferguson signing off on the design when he still thought the sweaters were going to be tucked in, as they were originally meant to be. So he tried to preserve as much of the traditional Leafs look as possible.

I actually watched the unveiling of the initial Edge sweaters live, and they even had a Reebok rep on hand who said (paraphrasing) "we suggested some more modern designs, but the team wanted to stick to their traditional look."

So yeah, Reebok was powerless if a team told them to cut out the crap. Which leads me to believe that the story about the Aves choosing to go with an uninspired template is probably accurate.

So yeah, Reebok was powerless if a team told them to cut out the crap. Which leads me to believe that the story about the Aves choosing to go with an uninspired template is probably accurate.

Exactly. Look at Chicago, Detroit, Montreal, and New Jersey. The Rangers even took it one step further and sewed their hems flat in-house, while the Bruins changed their look to something arguably more "traditional" than what they had worn pre-Edge. And at the time of the AHL rollout, I spoke to the merchandising director of the Chicago Wolves, who told me the team had basically rejected every proposal Reebok gave them until they were able to essentially retain their existing look. The teams had to sign off on the looks before they hit the ice, some chose "anything new will sell" over "putting in effort to preserve/upgrade our on-ice brand", and others didn't.

The only exception is probably Dallas, because the full-body star squished into the narrowed front and rear panels of the Edge cut likely would have look horrendous. That doesn't excuse them from switching to the dishwater-dull look they selected, though.

On 1/25/2013 at 1:53 PM, 'Atom said:

For all the bird de lis haters I think the bird de lis isnt supposed to be a pelican and a fleur de lis I think its just a fleur de lis with a pelicans head. Thats what it looks like to me. Also the flair around the tip of the beak is just flair that fleur de lis have sometimes source I am from NOLA.

PotD: 10/19/07, 08/25/08, 07/22/10, 08/13/10, 04/15/11, 05/19/11, 01/02/12, and 01/05/12.

Yeah but none of the Pre-Edge designs with diagonal stripes were retained which is my point. Reebok either wasn't capable of translating these designs to their uniform system at the time, no edge jersey prior to the Mighty Ducks throwback has indicated otherwise, or they discouraged diagonal stripes completely. As for the Avalanche, I'm sure what they ended up with was the first prototype given to them by Reebok. All they did was put the Avalanche colours in the same click-and-fill template they used for Nashville, Florida, Edmonton, etc... I don't believe for a second that the team had a mountain striped edge jersey next to the one they went with and opted for the monstrosity instead cause they thought it'd sell more...

That was reeboks plan, have tighter jerseys that are tucked in was there mo when they debuted the edge jerseys

when he still thought the sweaters were going to be tucked in, as they were originally meant to be.

Dear Lord, was that really the origianl plan? That would have been a Cooperalls-style eye sore.

when he still thought the sweaters were going to be tucked in, as they were originally meant to be.

Dear Lord, was that really the origianl plan? That would have been a Cooperalls-style eye sore.

Yep. If you thought the initial Edge rollout was bad? That was nothing compared to the original plan. Sweaters tucked in. Numbers on the pants leg. A Canadiens sweater with the blue stripe only across the front torso. A Red Wings sweater with black and silver highlights. Cats and dogs, living together.

Yep. If you thought the initial Edge rollout was bad? That was nothing compared to the original plan. Sweaters tucked in. Numbers on the pants leg. A Canadiens sweater with the blue stripe only across the front torso. A Red Wings sweater with black and silver highlights. Cats and dogs, living together.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JmzuRXLzqKk

CCM has started selling the original Avs jersey as part of its "Vintage" line. Don't know what that means about its chances for a comeback, but hey, buy that instead of the current crap.

Also, they're selling 1967-69 Oakland Seals 550 replicas. *swoon*

So, those are now considered "vintage?"

I'm officially old.

On 4/10/2017 at 3:05 PM, Rollins Man said:

what the hell is ccslc?

Here you go. Also, strangely, they're selling the eggplant Mighty Ducks jersey, but in the 550 cut with shoulder patches.

https://www.rivercitysports.com/US/direct_prod-06.cfm?style=v5501&like=1

SportsK.com has new vintage jerseys that I didn't see posted at RCS, namely white 80's Devils, white 80's Bruins, and a couple others. SportsK doesn't have the Ducks or Avs, however...maybe some exclusivity deal with the retailers...

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

I don't know, does it seem wrong to anybody else to sell a 'vintage' Canadiens sweater to someone when it's $30 more than a replica today?

I actually have that 1955 Canadiens sweater. The red is brighter than the shade used on the current Habs uniforms, and it has lace-ups. If any one team should have lace-ups it's the Montreal Canadiens. Is that worth an extra $30? Maybe. It was to me.

I don't know, does it seem wrong to anybody else to sell a 'vintage' Canadiens sweater to someone when it's $30 more than a replica today?

I actually have that 1955 Canadiens sweater. The red is brighter than the shade used on the current Habs uniforms, and it has lace-ups. If any one team should have lace-ups it's the Montreal Canadiens. Is that worth an extra $30? Maybe. It was to me.

weren't the canadiens suppose to get lace up collars this year, or something similar about new uniforms

weren't the canadiens suppose to get lace up collars this year, or something similar about new uniforms

Oh, but they did, they got accents on their NOBs

I never liked how their NOB font doesn't to with anything else. They should just use block.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

Archived