2013-2014 NHL Uniform & Logo Changes

ksupilot

• Replies 6.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Report: The Winnipeg Jets to host 2016 Heritage Classic

http://www.tsn.ca/nhl/story/?id=438638 Hope they'll wear replica of the 90's old Jets uniform

I think a lot will depend on who they play. The truly sadistic thing would be for them to play against Calgary, and they both wear Atlanta throwbacks.

Either it'll be the 80s jersey with the current logo, or the exact 90s jersey, depending on how all of these arguments over who-owns-what-history/logos plays out in NHL board rooms...and if those arguments go really badly, I could see an RCAF 40s throwback to throw us all off.

I'll respect any opinion that you can defend.

Pretty sure the NHL still owns the old Jets logos. I remember something about them being ceded back to the league when they moved to Phoenix. Not sure if Chipman ever even tried to pursue them in 2011.

The league actually transferred the rights to all of the old Jets logos to the new Jets when TNSE finalized their purchase of the Thrashers.

Pretty sure the NHL still owns the old Jets logos. I remember something about them being ceded back to the league when they moved to Phoenix. Not sure if Chipman ever even tried to pursue them in 2011.

The league actually transferred the rights to all of the old Jets logos to the new Jets when TNSE finalized their purchase of the Thrashers.

Yup. They've stopped production of merch with the old Jets logo after taking the logos back.

eMXEIDC.png

toIYnW8.png

With the high esteem that TNSE rightly holds the Moose in, I wouldn't be surprised if they did Manitoba Moose fauxbacks or something. Might be more interesting than using the Rangers' rejects.

I never liked how their NOB font doesn't to with anything else. They should just use block.

Agreed. I'd like to see them try using the varsity serif block used by a lot of NBA teams.

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

Kypreos seemed to indicate that the Jets would be playing the Blackhawks in the upcoming Heritage Classic during the 2nd intermission of tonight's Ottawa/Buffalo game.

I feel like Heritage Classics are strictly Canadian though no?

untitled-6.jpg

Kypreos seemed to indicate that the Jets would be playing the Blackhawks in the upcoming Heritage Classic during the 2nd intermission of tonight's Ottawa/Buffalo game.

It's not like Kypreos is a valid source for Heritage Classic news.

GO OILERS-GO BLUE JAYS-GO ESKIMOS-GO COLTS

Well if it holds true, the Blackhawks are a big American market, and could help get the game on TV.

He also once reported that the Flames would play the Leafs in the Calgary HC. He could be wrong, plus it is a whole 2 years away.

Vancouver 2014

Winnipeg 2016

Ottawa 2018

Neutral site game in Regina 2018?(The Roughriders will have a new stadium by then)

They can carry on the HC bi-annually for quite a while if they wanted to. Toronto could perhaps host it on Skydome, but there is just no way Montreal could ever do it, baring some major creative plans. Stade Saputo holds less than the Bell Centre, and Molson Stadium only holds a few more thousand.

Up until this year, the Winter Classic was strictly American. It's clear that they're willing to make exceptions.

Mighty Ducks of Anaheim (CHL - 2018 Orr Cup Champions) Chicago Rivermen (UBA/WBL - 2014, 2015, 2017 Intercontinental Cup Champions)

King's Own Hexham FC (BIP - 2022 Saint's Cup Champions) Portland Explorers (EFL - Elite Bowl XIX Champions) Real San Diego (UPL) Red Bull Seattle (ULL - 2018, 2019, 2020 Gait Cup Champions) Vancouver Huskies (CL)

Well if it holds true, the Blackhawks are a big American market, and could help get the game on TV.

He also once reported that the Flames would play the Leafs in the Calgary HC. He could be wrong, plus it is a whole 2 years away.

Vancouver 2014

Winnipeg 2016

Ottawa 2018

Neutral site game in Regina 2018?(The Roughriders will have a new stadium by then)

They can carry on the HC bi-annually for quite a while if they wanted to. Toronto could perhaps host it on Skydome, but there is just no way Montreal could ever do it, baring some major creative plans. Stade Saputo holds less than the Bell Centre, and Molson Stadium only holds a few more thousand.

If Montreal get the new retractable roof, they could use the Olympic Stadium (if it didn't collapsed yet)

It's not like Kypreos is a valid source for Heritage Classic news.

He was seated right next to Gary Bettman when he said it, as the commissioner was being interviwed by the Sportsnet panel at the time. Bettman played it down and said that nothing had been confirmed yet.

thecatch.jpg

Archived