2013-2014 NHL Uniform & Logo Changes

ksupilot

I dig the general idea, but I'd make a few changes:

- White numbers

- Un-chroming the crown

..actually, that's about it. The crown being by itself is highly superior to the pencil look.

Buy some t-shirts and stuff at KJ Shop!

KJ BrandedBehance portfolio

POTD 2013-08-22

On 7/14/2012 at 2:20 AM, tajmccall said:

When it comes to style, ya'll really should listen to Kev.

• Replies 6.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

- White numbers

- Un-chroming the crown

..actually, that's about it. The crown being by itself is highly superior to the pencil look.

That and straightening the hem stripe.

Mighty Ducks of Anaheim (CHL - 2018 Orr Cup Champions) Chicago Rivermen (UBA/WBL - 2014, 2015, 2017 Intercontinental Cup Champions)

King's Own Hexham FC (BIP - 2022 Saint's Cup Champions) Portland Explorers (EFL - Elite Bowl XIX Champions) Real San Diego (UPL) Red Bull Seattle (ULL - 2018, 2019, 2020 Gait Cup Champions) Vancouver Huskies (CL)

i didn't watch the entire game, but at one point they showed the bench, and there were at least 4-5 players in a row, all wearing the ugly weird laces.

that said, i don't really care for reebok's normal laces either. they're incredibly short, and i don't think i've seen a single player actually tie them up because of it.

this is what a tie-up is supposed to look like:

12rangers.184.jpg

not this:

seguin-tyler-stars-02-300x325.jpg

I'm sure the shorter laces is intentional. The NHL/Reebok started putting the NHL logo in that spot with the switch to Edge. If the laces were tied tightly, you wouldn't be able to see the NHL logo.

OldRomanSig2.jpg

- White numbers

- Un-chroming the crown

That and straightening the hem stripe.

See, I'm not going to go there because RBK CLEEEEEEEEEEEARLY wanted to use thin/ nonexistant striping akin to the Islanders/ Ducks, and the Kings flat-out said NO. Maybe this was a compromise. Good on the Kings / Lucky Luc !

I do think it's odd that when given the opportunity to use their standard logo (which features a design similar to home plate, right?) they wouldn't wear that at a ballpark. But, yes, this logo by itself is better...

I just noticed the Kings' jersey has a flat rear hem, with straight angled sides paralleling the hem stripe. Death to the shirttail!

On 1/25/2013 at 1:53 PM, 'Atom said:

For all the bird de lis haters I think the bird de lis isnt supposed to be a pelican and a fleur de lis I think its just a fleur de lis with a pelicans head. Thats what it looks like to me. Also the flair around the tip of the beak is just flair that fleur de lis have sometimes source I am from NOLA.

PotD: 10/19/07, 08/25/08, 07/22/10, 08/13/10, 04/15/11, 05/19/11, 01/02/12, and 01/05/12.

^

I was thinking that too. It may just be a Pominville thing.

It's from the same league where some players cut off the tips of the NHL shield because they were too pointy. (Before RBK screened the shield these days)

Didn't stop Ray Whitney, though I'm not convinced his reason is more political than practical.

2rpaf6w.jpg

5amlwx.jpg

based off the striping on the LA Kings stadium series, this is what i think the avs should do with their next sweater...

avswhite_zps84066c66.png

We've certainly seen enough ideas (at this point) for them to consider ... that for them and the Flames to stay status quo is just silly.

I'm watching the Stars tonight and they are so close but not there. To me, there isn't enough black in the white sweater to justify the black breezers. The balance is just a bit off, especially with the green yoke.

Go to green breezers and the look is one of the best in the league. Now they're just above average.

Why would Whitney green out the NHL shield on his jersey? Seems a little strange that he's the only one doing it, if he isn't getting fined for it.

I'm not so sure he didn't just peel the heat pressed logo off.

I first noticed him removing the embroidered version on the old uniform when he first joined the team last January:

528820_10151279465773719_1736622302_n.jp

5amlwx.jpg

Archived