2013-2014 NHL Uniform & Logo Changes

ksupilot

Why would Whitney green out the NHL shield on his jersey? Seems a little strange that he's the only one doing it, if he isn't getting fined for it.

I'm not so sure he didn't just peel the heat pressed logo off.

I first noticed him removing the embroidered version on the old uniform when he first joined the team last January:

528820_10151279465773719_1736622302_n.jp

Edit: nevermind I missed the above post about him messing with the new ones. Very odd.
untitled-6.jpg

• Replies 6.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Per Eric Stephens on Twitter:

Plan is for current Ducks third jersey to become main home sweater, perhaps next year. I figure next alternate will be orange-based.

He also speculated on a white road version appearing. He's not employed by the Ducks (writes for the OC Register) so I'm not sure how in-the-know he actually is.

mTBXgML.png

PotD: 24/08/2017

Per Eric Stephens on Twitter:

Plan is for current Ducks third jersey to become main home sweater, perhaps next year. I figure next alternate will be orange-based.

He also speculated on a white road version appearing. He's not employed by the Ducks (writes for the OC Register) so I'm not sure how in-the-know he actually is.

Looking forward to it, especially seeing what the road would be. I hope they'll hang on to the Mighty Ducks uniform for next year.

The current 3rd's a little busy, but I think it's a lot better colour-wise. The only thing I wish they'd change aside from the striping is to have orange as the outline for the numbers, not gold.

eMXEIDC.png

toIYnW8.png

These Stadium Series uniforms blow. The Kings' one is decent - it has the crown logo prominent, and I actually like the idea of a grey jersey.

And I, probably the biggest critic of Dallas' new look, will admit that they're actually...not so bad. Now, there are still some glaring problems (including the agonizingly painful-to-watch single-layered numbers), but I don't...really...mind them.

SigggggII_zps101350a9.png

Nobody cares about your humungous-big signature. 

PotD: 29/1/12

Yeah, it felt like they were planning on doing it eventually one way or the other.

Though, given that they've churned out both a throwback and a Stadium Series jersey this year, somehow I don't see them bringing in a new road white just yet. Would they even be allowed?

Why not? The addition of special occasion jerseys doesn't count as a "change". Their current home and roads have been in use for well over 5 years now.

I just wonder how credible is the reporter from that source. But someone said that he's credible, so I'll leave it there.

based off the striping on the LA Kings stadium series, this is what i think the avs should do with their next sweater...

avswhite_zps84066c66.png

Just put a black outline on the numbers and it would be perfect enough.. but also add some sort of mountain detail on the bottom and all is gold..I think so...

Ice Hockey International Winnipeg Braves (Bobby Hull Division 18-3-0 1st place as of March 14, 2011)

2010-11 O'Brien Trophy for Bobby Hull Division championship & Jack Riley Cup for top team in league regular season

Fox Sports West is broadcasting the Wild Wing vs. Burger King game. It's 17:00 of the second period, and I still wish that they both would wear these for the outdoor game instead.

the worst helmets design to me is the Jacksonville jaguars hamlets from 1995 to 2012 because you can't see the logo vary wall

The Mighty Ducks throwbacks proved the dye sublimation process can be used on the Edge 2.0 format. The only sensible thing for the Avalanche to do is throwback to the exact jerseys the team used when it lifted the cup in 2001 and kept until the introduction of the Edge Uniform System. We all know it can be done. Hopefully Adam Foote's banner is a sign of things to come...

7n8.jpg

Why would Whitney green out the NHL shield on his jersey? Seems a little strange that he's the only one doing it, if he isn't getting fined for it.

I'm not so sure he didn't just peel the heat pressed logo off.

I first noticed him removing the embroidered version on the old uniform when he first joined the team last January:

Yeah, he's been doing it since he was with the Hurricanes. Weird.

The Mighty Ducks throwbacks proved the dye sublimation process can be used on the Edge 2.0 format.

Of course it can. We've known that for years. Reebok even told the Avs that they could carry their pre-Edge design over to the Edge template. It was the team that opted to go with the generic Reebok template, probably to sell more gear. Fans will still buy a new jersey, even if it's terrible.

Maybe Sakic and Roy being in charge changed something, but otherwise I don't see the Avs going back to their pre-Edge look unless they see that'll result in more merchandise sales.

The Mighty Ducks throwbacks proved the dye sublimation process can be used on the Edge 2.0 format. The only sensible thing for the Avalanche to do is throwback to the exact jerseys the team used when it lifted the cup in 2001 and kept until the introduction of the Edge Uniform System. We all know it can be done. Hopefully Adam Foote's banner is a sign of things to come...

Of COURSE Edge 2.0 uniforms can be sublimated: They're the exact materiel as the old CCM Air Knit unis from pre-2007.

The only thing "edge" about 2.0 is the cut, and even it was made less form-fitting compared to 1.0.

5amlwx.jpg

Archived