2013-2014 NHL Uniform & Logo Changes

ksupilot

Doing some light googling this is what I found.

I can tell you that Luc Robitaille of the LA Kings was more than consulted. The Kings designed their own jersey (and color scheme), Reebok made changes to the design only, and the Kings responded to Reebok's changes. The final product will be a mix of both.

As far as "futuristic", I'm told the stripes on the sleeves are placed at a different angle and not straight across the sleeve as is traditional.

I was also told that the Stadium Series jerseys were "cookie cutter" from team to team, however, the Kings were to have stripes along the bottom of the jersey.

And

Kings logo is actually pewter... wink.png It's my hope that this jersey becomes their third. When it comes to their color scheme, I think fans will buy into it...

And

Would love to see an Orange Ducks jersey.

I'm the one who started this long ago and you will see it.

This is all from the same guy on IceJerseys forums.

IbjBaeE.png

• Replies 6.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

...why do I even :censored: ing bother?

Hey, teams that wouldn't get a Winter Classic otherwise. Here's an outdoor game just like all the other ones for you, except when it isn't... Screw off.

5963ddf2a9031_dkO1LMUcopy.jpg.0fe00e17f953af170a32cde8b7be6bc7.jpg

| ANA | LAA | LAR | LAL | ASU | CSULBUSMNT | USWNTLAFC | OCSCMAN UTD |

Chrome? Futuristic? Cookie-cutter?

The Bruins fan is all of us. The Blackhawks fans are the 13 year olds that these are marketed toward.

TZ42WtX.gif

"You are nothing more than a small cancer on this message board. You are not entertaining, you are a complete joke."

twitter

I will sound noob, but what do you mean by Cookie-cutter? cg1-617_a_300.jpg

'Cause for me, this is a cookie-cutter

You're not far off. Cookie cutter is that all teams must use the same template.

"You are nothing more than a small cancer on this message board. You are not entertaining, you are a complete joke."

twitter

Jeez, everyone put the pitchforks down. I get it, hating Reebok is the cool new thing now (and justified to an extent), but can we at least get a glimpse of these new designs before we riot?

Listen dude, I've already invested $1300 in these goddamn pitchforks and got a whole :censored:load of torches from Rabid Al's Unruly Mob Emporium. There's no going back.

WE RIDE AT DAWN

twitter

I will sound noob, but what do you mean by Cookie-cutter? cg1-617_a_300.jpg

Oh.. That makes sense now , thanks ! But yeah... that'd suck if it was true

No longer excited about this once I read the word "cookie-cutter." Typical Reebok trash. At least the Kings actually stood up to Reebok and got them to cave on some aspects of the inevitable clownsuit, so they shouldn't look quite as bad.

It is fascinating that when RBK has its druthers, it just loves pushing jerseys sans bottom stripes. Not sure I get it. When it looks around at the hockey landscape and at what tradition has brought us, to basically design a large men's T-shirt with a giant logo (and no really striping), it's so insulting and shows just a complete lack of focus.

Jeez, everyone put the pitchforks down. I get it, hating Reebok is the cool new thing now (and justified to an extent), but can we at least get a glimpse of these new designs before we riot?

It's CCSLC... If it's not some adaptation of a generic jersey from 70's with a flat logo, vintage white and no more than two colours it's automatically bad.

On 11/15/2013 at 9:29 AM, Nordiks_19 said:
On 11/15/2013 at 11:39 PM, CS85 said:
On 11/15/2013 at 11:37 PM, Nordiks_19 said:

I will sound noob, but what do you mean by Cookie-cutter? 

Oh.. That makes sense now , thanks ! But yeah... that'd suck if it was true

THIS is cookie-cutter...

Disclaimer: If this comment is about an NBA uniform from 2017-2018 or later, do not constitute a lack of acknowledgement of the corporate logo to mean anything other than "the corporate logo is terrible and makes the uniform significantly worse."

BADGERS TWINS VIKINGS TIMBERWOLVES WILD

POTD (Shared)

Archived