2013-2014 NHL Uniform & Logo Changes

ksupilot

• Replies 6.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

http://www.nhl.com/ice/gallerylanding.htm?id=39902&navid=nhl:topheads

These are the 2014 NHL Stadium Series Chrome Logos. What do you think we can learn from these?

Well the Devils is the only one in throwback colors, I find that interesting.

And the NY for the Isles is FREAKING AWESOME! I have a patch that isolates the NY like that I got from the Coliseum a few years back and love the look. I wish they'd use it for a secondary logo. It could work perfect with the move to Brooklyn too as to appeal more widely to NY rather than mostly LI.

Really hope that's a sign of things to come for the Islanders.

2ly2w09.jpg

From Icethetics...

The Chrome logo designs are unique to the NHL Stadium Series and inspired from the chrome details on the NHL shield, bringing a dynamic and modern perspective to conventional team identities.

We might be wise to read a little more into that last line. Bringing a "modern perspective to conventional team identities." Likely a frightening thought to the traditionalists among us, but probably an important idea to consider.

In fact, someone with knowledge of the Stadium Series jersey designs recently described them to me as "futuristic." Later, another source told me the NHL and Reebok took the lead designing them. The teams were merely "consulted" as opposed to being directly involved.

http://www.icethetics.info/blog/2013/11/12/chrome-logos-for-stadium-series.html

Interesting. First quote is from the Rangers press release.

Well, hey, nothing ever goes wrong when the uniform supplier is given priority to control designs over team preferences. These should be a hit!

On 1/25/2013 at 1:53 PM, 'Atom said:

For all the bird de lis haters I think the bird de lis isnt supposed to be a pelican and a fleur de lis I think its just a fleur de lis with a pelicans head. Thats what it looks like to me. Also the flair around the tip of the beak is just flair that fleur de lis have sometimes source I am from NOLA.

PotD: 10/19/07, 08/25/08, 07/22/10, 08/13/10, 04/15/11, 05/19/11, 01/02/12, and 01/05/12.

In fact, someone with knowledge of the Stadium Series jersey designs recently described them to me as "futuristic." Later, another source told me the NHL and Reebok took the lead designing them. The teams were merely "consulted" as opposed to being directly involved.

3411065-dis+gon+b+good!.gif

Does this mean we can fully avoid the "don't blame reebok, blame the teams" excuse this time?

I'll respect any opinion that you can defend.

i6O2bWh.gif

"You are nothing more than a small cancer on this message board. You are not entertaining, you are a complete joke."

twitter

Weird that the Devils would go with green if the jerseys are supposed to look futuristic. If thats the case, I really have NO idea what to expect from these jerseys.

Lou L must be sick over this. To say that guy is a traditionalist is a biiiiiiiiit of an understatement.

i don't consider winter classic jerseys to be "same old same old", the jerseys tend to be something we've never seen before but using classic styles from their past. Like the bruins winter classic jersey was never worn before that game but the logo was used, and the template was used before but not with yellow and brown as the main colors

"Going futuristic always turns out great"

- no one ever

But seriously, that Isles logo has some serious potential. They could drop a really nice looking uniform. However, they are the Islanders and this has a 1% chance of happening.

True, although it does seem somewhat odd that the "Islanders" lost the whole, ya know, Island in their logo.

"Going futuristic always turns out great"

- no one ever

But seriously, that Isles logo has some serious potential. They could drop a really nice looking uniform. However, they are the Islanders and this has a 1% chance of happening.

True, although it does seem somewhat odd that the "Islanders" lost the whole, ya know, Island in their logo.

Now they're just the New York'ers

On September 20, 2012 at 0:50 AM, 'CS85 said:

It's like watching the hellish undead creakily shuffling their way out of the flames of a liposuction clinic dumpster fire.

On February 19, 2012 at 9:30 AM, 'pianoknight said:

Story B: Red Wings go undefeated and score 100 goals in every game. They also beat a team comprised of Godzilla, the ghost of Abraham Lincoln, 2 Power Rangers and Betty White. Oh, and they played in the middle of Iraq on a military base. In the sand. With no ice. Santa gave them special sand-skates that allowed them to play in shorts and t-shirts in 115 degree weather. Jesus, Zeus and Buddha watched from the sidelines and ate cotton candy.

POTD 5/24/12, POTD 2/26/17

I'm relieved the stadium series jerseys aren't going to the same fauxback route myself. Sure the Winter Classic has produced some great designs, Boston and Pittsburgh (2008) come to mind immediately, but the novelty has long since worn off. The designs for the 2012 WC in particular were terrible, same with the upcoming 2014 event... All they do is take design elements from the past, throw them together and add vintage white... Even if they don't fit (I'm looking at you Detroit).

I'm relieved the stadium series jerseys aren't going to the same fauxback route myself. Sure the Winter Classic has produced some great designs, Boston and Pittsburgh (2008) come to mind immediately, but the novelty has long since worn off. The designs for the 2012 WC in particular were terrible, same with the upcoming 2014 event... All they do is take design elements from the past, throw them together and add vintage white... Even if they don't fit (I'm looking at you Detroit).

Here's my one fear, Morgo. (And no, my fear is actually not that the jerseys will look like Turn Ahead the Clock MLB unis). My fear is that basically we'll get the SAME template for every single team participating in the Stadium Series, and all it will be is a standard jersey with typical striping and a giant chrome logo in the middle.

Archived