College Football 2013 Season

GriffinM6

Eric Morris just tweeted this pic of some Texas Tech helmets. Not sure if we've seen them or not and I'm not digging through the thread.

BIysydWCEAALes4.jpg

The black helmet is really sharp. Not too keen on the other ones though. Numbers on helmets has been so overplayed lately too and I'm willing to bet there's a huge red raider on the other side, too. Numbers on the helmet only work if they are on both sides and you are the Alabama Crimson Tide.

The 49ers have numbers of their helmets.

Ah nice catch. I should have been more specific. Don't need big numbers in the side, not on the back or front so players can identify them on the sideline.

I think he means the fact that "49ers" is on the helmets, so he's being a smartass

49ers have SF on their helmets

• Replies 7.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I like Olive as a uniform color. Not sure if I like Oregon necessarily, but I like it nonetheless.

As do I. Shame that nobody uses it full time.

Silver/olive/silver would be an awesome uniform combo, especially if the uniform had some black or brown trim.

That sounds terrible to me, and I don't have a problem with silver or olive.

Tweeted one of the players I know from Findlay and he said this is the longest name they have on the team

BJJnbmCCMAUHK8z.jpg

This really makes me wish either Luc Richard Mbah a Moute, Chris Fuamatu-Ma'afala or better yet Kaipo-Noa Hiwahiwa Kaheaku-Enhada had a son who went there.

Or Jared Saltalamacchia...woof.

*Disclaimer: I am not an authoritative expert on stuff...I just do a lot of reading and research and keep in close connect with a bunch of people who are authoritative experts on stuff. 😁

|| dribbble || Behance ||

Video of the new Findlay Helmet. Long hyphenated names will look terrible, but I really, really dig this idea. Props to them for being innovative.

UyDgMWP.jpg

5th in NAT. TITLES  |  2nd in CONF. TITLES  |  5th in HEISMAN |  7th in DRAFTS |  8th in ALL-AMER  |  7th in WINS  |  4th in BOWLS |  1st in SELLOUTS  |  1st GAMEDAY SIGN

It appears the NCAA has banned hastags from the field. I say this is a good move by the ncaa. #stupidtrend

http://www.sbnation....shtag-field-ban

Some of the examples they show are gaudy. If hashtags are used they should be limited to a school name or mascot and in simple white font.

Here's Nebraska's field. #HUSKERS is far less distracting than #FEARTHEFORK (looking at you ASU).

huskers.jpg

UyDgMWP.jpg

5th in NAT. TITLES  |  2nd in CONF. TITLES  |  5th in HEISMAN |  7th in DRAFTS |  8th in ALL-AMER  |  7th in WINS  |  4th in BOWLS |  1st in SELLOUTS  |  1st GAMEDAY SIGN

I like Olive as a uniform color. Not sure if I like Oregon necessarily, but I like it nonetheless.

Silver/olive/silver would be an awesome uniform combo, especially if the uniform had some black or brown trim.

I tried it out on a video game once, and it looked sweet IMO. The olive was darker though. Sort of like this.

interior-design-olive-green-caper.jpg

AM-JKLUm-gD6dFoY5MvQGgjXb2rzP7kMTHmGf8UsR6KOCYQnHU-0HSFi-zjXHepGDckUAHcduu3pVgvwxe06RKDW2y2Z2BmhEOe8OP-WSY1XqLT9KsQ0ZP75J9loQuNrvLW208pEWCg9jq8aNx-zFneH9aPQQA=w800-h112-no?authuser=0

spacer.png

I tried it out on a video game once, and it looked sweet IMO. The olive was darker though. Sort of like this.

A team in Backbreaker used it. It looked pretty sweet.

4811337641_6b74c0c8d1_z.jpg

It appears the NCAA has banned hastags from the field. I say this is a good move by the ncaa. #stupidtrend

http://www.sbnation....shtag-field-ban

Thank god. That was the stupidest trend I've seen in a long time.

b0b5d4f702adf623d75285ca50ee7632.jpg
Why you make fun of me? I make concept for Auburn champions and you make fun of me. I cry tears.
Chopping off the dicks of Filipino boys and embracing causes that promote bigotry =/= strong moral character.

Hashtags used for reaching people has to stop. I just cringe everytime people feel the need to be included in trends.

On Texas Tech, I love that black helmet. Only problem is the single red stripe, as it wouldn't match with any striping on the uniforms. Not fond of any of the white helmets nor that red helmet.

Great, more of the Nike shoulder panels, and with a gradient to boot.

im hoping it's a half-tone pattern like they use on the stripes

Definitely possible, and I hope you're right. The set looks clean at least from the little amount they showed us. I'm just tired of that same template.

sportscarfskczps1d52136.png

Arizona teaser:

That is the same template that Kentucky and Arkansas has...I don't expect nothing to flashy here.

Sometimes not flashy is a good thing. I love both of those jerseys (Ark / UK) so I'm more than fine with this!

"Classic" does not mean it gets a free pass for being bad design.

6624288275_95c33d4680_z.jpg

Arizona teaser:

That is the same template that Kentucky and Arkansas has...I don't expect nothing to flashy here.

Sometimes not flashy is a good thing. I love both of those jerseys (Ark / UK) so I'm more than fine with this!

"Not flashy" is almost always a good thing.

Arizona teaser:

I love both the jerseys as well and I hope Arizona sticks close to those same looks. In addition, I hope they bring back the Navy helmet as it was not in the video...as far as the red helmet I didn't like it last year and it looks like it is making a return. UGH!

spacer.png

Archived