College Football 2013 Season

GriffinM6

When the UCLA picture came out featuring this pattern didnt someone say the pattern was enhanced to show it off but will be much more subtle on the field?

I'm sure they enhance it in the reveal pictures and what not, but this still isn't very subtle in daylight

BRvHcfICIAA4x_B.jpg

sportscarfskczps1d52136.png

• Replies 7.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Nike schools can refuse template upgrades...so what stops an Adidas school?

Because the uniforms are 5000% lighter, and never ever get wet, and fit like laffy taffy, and stretches like it too, and will never rip, and makes you go faster, and be stronger, some other bull :censored: they always say to sell to the school

My question still stands.

The general public tend to like uniforms like this. Something flashy, modern, and trendy. Tennessee and Adidas don't design to please a bunch of people on a message board. They want players, fans, and recruits to get excited. If they cared about people here, every team would look like Penn State and billion dollar corporations like Nike and Adidas wouldn't exist.

exactly. know your audience. it really dosent matter what anyone outside of your target audience thinks.

i keep reading how "adidas sucks" but the school always gets a pass. why? it's the school that got what they wanted in the end. non of this is being forced on them

Adidas' template sucks, though, and nobody forced that on them.

yea its bad. but the schools dont have to accept them

Do they even still offer any other templates? Seems to me like everyone's just being given the :censored:ty TechFits now. Even Wisconsin has changed to them.

i think it was offered to 7 schools, but they don't have to take the upgrade. i think some schools just value the new technology more than the aesthetic. and its not out of the question that the schools actually like the way it looks too.

i don't think every adidas school is in a Techfit jersey, Akron for example i don't think has it. actually it might even be a player option, like when it was in the NFL. The Colts were one team that had the standard jersey, and some players wore the TechFit. id have to look more into that though

Here is Eastern Washington in the TechFits (or whatever it was called): 9514906874_dee71b8efa.jpg

So, you think they offered it to Texas A&M, Tenn, Wisconsin, Nebraska, Kansas and...Eastern Washington?

i think it was 7. i cant remember the exact number. dont forget about UCLA

GRAPHIC ARTIST

BEHANCE  /  MEDIUM  /  DRIBBBLE

9138664.jpeg

9138665.jpeg

9138672.jpeg

So...basically, they took the regular number set and just rounded the inside corners? That's what I'm getting from this. Anyone happen to have a graphic (or better image) of this new number set by chance? By the way, I am LOVING all that orange...and I can't overstate how much of an upgrade it was to remove the black trim from the roadies. Just pure orange and white, as it should be.

(Oh and...there's something mildly disturbing about that second photo.)

*Disclaimer: I am not an authoritative expert on stuff...I just do a lot of reading and research and keep in close connect with a bunch of people who are authoritative experts on stuff. 😁

|| dribbble || Behance ||

5emu3ege.jpg

mu4ymy4u.jpg

uwkxyJI.jpg

9138666.jpeg

Man o man I love those white top orange pant unis!!! When I played high school ball we were tenn mini with colors and helmet design and I always thought this combo was the best as well as the white white and orange orange. But that thick helmet stripe and the helmet as a whole is greatness!

Funny thing is that "Smokey" is an official color of the University of Tennessee via its website.

http://communications.utk.edu/branding/palette.php

That is where they got the idea for the uniforms. The uniforms are also designed to honor past championship teams. The "T" on the pants is to mimic the 1998 National Championship pants and the larger numbers are designed to reflect the 1950s era teams.

Piping has lent itself to some decent uniforms.

1Aizsim.png

That being said, piping is really tacky and unnecessary 90% of the time.

those uniforms are atrocious though

Well, I liked them at least. Also liked the previous set, another rare example of good piping:

oBIULEw.png

I actually thought BYU post-bib piping looked nice and clean, fitting in with the redesigned helmet logo. The only problem was that they weren't particularly "BYU":

staley.jpgdoman.jpg

Visit my store on REDBUBBLE

Fantastic question.

Fantastic question.

Because adidas simply stops manufacturing that pattern.

I found a photo of FAU's helmet options:

FAUHelmetOptions_zps2b4f49c6.jpg

Why they have two red helmets and two blue helmets is beyond me.

"Every morning in Africa, a gazelle wakes up. It knows it must run faster than the fastest lion or it will be eaten. Every morning in Africa, a lion wakes up. It knows it must outrun the slowest gazelle or it will starve. It doesn't matter whether you're a lion or a gazelle. When the sun comes up, you'd better be running." - Unknown | 🌐 Check out my articles on jerseys at Bacon Sports 🔗
spacer.png

Archived