College Football 2013 Season

GriffinM6

• Replies 7.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
VT is the Maryland of Nike, trying to copy oregon and look like :censored: in the process

There is SO MANY things incorrect with that statement, I don't even know where to start.

I know I'll take some flak for this, but those Tech uniforms are SWEET. I love these "military pride" uniforms.

I hope their for Marshall next week, so I can see em live.

The only thing I can find wrong with that statement is that Maryland isn't near as bad as this.

First off, these are "one game" uniforms, not full-timers like Maryland, also at least Tech uses their school colors in their regular uniforms (those grey ones DONT COUNT, cause they were :puke: anyway.)

Which full-timers are you talking about for Maryland?

And you lose all credibility when you pick and choose which VT uniforms to include and which ones "DONT COUNT".

I know I'll take some flak for this, but those Tech uniforms are SWEET. I love these "military pride" uniforms.

I'd just like to know how orange camo demonstrates "military pride"...

Trying to defend these VT jerseys is like putting lipstick on a pig.

My bad, they're for military appreciation day, actually.

Great...what military are they appreciating? I don't think ours wears orange camo.

Bhutan?

lg-Bhutan.gif

UyDgMWP.jpg

5th in NAT. TITLES  |  2nd in CONF. TITLES  |  5th in HEISMAN |  7th in DRAFTS |  8th in ALL-AMER  |  7th in WINS  |  4th in BOWLS |  1st in SELLOUTS  |  1st GAMEDAY SIGN

VT is auctioning off those uniforms for charity after the game, that's how they support the military. The uniform template is terrible, of course, but what else is new. I would have liked the orange camo if they did it like last years, less upfront and in your face. And filled in the VT on the helmet with white.

I really loved the military appreciate uniforms from last year, but then again, I also really love Maryland's state pride unis.

Something odd is going on at VT. Has anyone identified the drug behind this mess?

Also, Oregon-Tennessee made an early bid of best looking game of the year.

Id say worst not best

Some guy on ESPN said it looked like "a bunch of highlighters exploded on my screen" :lol:

(I liked though)

spacer.png

LSU's purple jersey:

-dff5900f3be9b9fc.JPG

It's almost criminal how they refuse to make this their full-time home uniform. Far superior to the white jersey.

Couldn't agree more.

Their white set is awful, but it's "tradition", so it's acceptable......or something. Whatever.

SigReflect.png

LSU's purple jersey:

-dff5900f3be9b9fc.JPG

It's almost criminal how they refuse to make this their full-time home uniform. Far superior to the white jersey.

Couldn't agree more.

Their white set is awful, but it's "tradition", so it's acceptable......or something. Whatever.

awful? please explain

Personally, I don't think the white is awful by any means, but I do think the purple is nicer. Just a shame we never really see it.

LSU's purple jersey:

-dff5900f3be9b9fc.JPG

Couldn't agree more.

awful? please explain

Personally, I don't think the white is awful by any means, but I do think the purple is nicer. Just a shame we never really see it.

Agreed. Who else wears purple? Northwestern, Washington and TCU? And maybe Clemson super occasionally?

Purple is much more unique than their whites, especially when paired with their shade of yellow (gold). Everybody wears whites. It's so blah for LSU.

UyDgMWP.jpg

5th in NAT. TITLES  |  2nd in CONF. TITLES  |  5th in HEISMAN |  7th in DRAFTS |  8th in ALL-AMER  |  7th in WINS  |  4th in BOWLS |  1st in SELLOUTS  |  1st GAMEDAY SIGN

Anybody know anything about this: http://www.footballfanatics.com/search/nike%20blackout%20jersey

The Crimson Tide/Tigers/Seminoles are built for hard-hitting, fast-paced gridiron action, and we know that's exactly why you love them. Promote your Alabama/LSU/FSU gear to a level that'll proudly flaunt your team's skills and your own team dedication with this special Blackout Nike Limited jersey. Designed in the same styling as the gear your favorite players will wear on the field in the 2013 Blackout Game, it features strategic mesh ventilation, embroidered graphics and a tackle twill player number. Congratulations, you just upped your status to Ultimate Alabama/LSU/Florida State Fan!

Anybody know anything about this: http://www.footballfanatics.com/search/nike%20blackout%20jersey

The Crimson Tide/Tigers/Seminoles are built for hard-hitting, fast-paced gridiron action, and we know that's exactly why you love them. Promote your Alabama/LSU/FSU gear to a level that'll proudly flaunt your team's skills and your own team dedication with this special Blackout Nike Limited jersey. Designed in the same styling as the gear your favorite players will wear on the field in the 2013 Blackout Game, it features strategic mesh ventilation, embroidered graphics and a tackle twill player number. Congratulations, you just upped your status to Ultimate Alabama/LSU/Florida State Fan!

No idea...

What's with the template for the FSU jersey?

sportscarfskczps1d52136.png

No idea...

What in the Holy Heck are they talking about? 2013 blackout jersey's. If Bama was going to wear black jerseys they would have been a big write up somewhere about it.

Those can't be replicas of jerseys they plan on wearing this year. There's no way the NCAA would allow them to wear those in a game. They won't even allow gradient numbers. There's definitely not enough contrast between the colors of the jerseys and numbers.

No idea...

That's the destroyer template that FSU always wears. A few teams still do (Oklahoma...) though most who did, switched to the HyperCool template this year (tOSU, Texas, Florida).

Also, I spy contrast stitching on the jerseys!

Archived