College Football 2013 Season

GriffinM6

LSU's purple jersey:

-dff5900f3be9b9fc.JPG

It's almost criminal how they refuse to make this their full-time home uniform. Far superior to the white jersey.

Couldn't agree more.

Their white set is awful, but it's "tradition", so it's acceptable......or something. Whatever.

awful? please explain

Personally, I don't think the white is awful by any means, but I do think the purple is nicer. Just a shame we never really see it.

Agreed. Who else wears purple? Northwestern, Washington and TCU? And maybe Clemson super occasionally?

Purple is much more unique than their whites, especially when paired with their shade of yellow (gold). Everybody wears whites. It's so blah for LSU.

I like the whites at home. And I like the mix of purple in the less important, non-conference games.

True that MOST everybody wears white. But when you see LSU in their whites, you know exactly which team is on the field.

gYH2mW9.png

• Replies 7.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Anybody know anything about this: http://www.footballfanatics.com/search/nike%20blackout%20jersey

The Crimson Tide/Tigers/Seminoles are built for hard-hitting, fast-paced gridiron action, and we know that's exactly why you love them. Promote your Alabama/LSU/FSU gear to a level that'll proudly flaunt your team's skills and your own team dedication with this special Blackout Nike Limited jersey. Designed in the same styling as the gear your favorite players will wear on the field in the 2013 Blackout Game, it features strategic mesh ventilation, embroidered graphics and a tackle twill player number. Congratulations, you just upped your status to Ultimate Alabama/LSU/Florida State Fan!

No idea...

What's with the template for the FSU jersey?

What in the Holy Heck are they talking about? 2013 blackout jersey's. If Bama was going to wear black jerseys they would have been a big write up somewhere about it.
You mean the earth would implode, right?

km3S7lo.jpg

Zqy6osx.png

True that MOST everybody wears white. But when you see LSU in their whites, you know exactly which team is on the field.

But if a team wears only one jersey in over 80% of the games played during their season, especially for several years, then of course people are going to know exactly who they are.

If you hadn't noticed, Chawls loves his wrestling, whether it be real life or sim. :D

But if a team wears only one jersey in over 80% of the games played during their season, especially for several years, then of course people are going to know exactly who they are.

That's called brand consistency. A shocking concept in today's college football.

jNTsTyQ.png

That's called brand consistency. A shocking concept in today's college football.

Something Oregon, Maryland, and Virginia Tech never thought of.

Also, I think it would be sweet if Auburn added an orange alt, exact same design except with orange, I think It'd look real nice.

File:Virginia Tech Hokies logo.svg

Also, I think it would be sweet if Auburn added an orange alt, exact same design except with orange, I think It'd look real nice.

I think you could actually argue Maryland and Oregon DO have brand consistency, even with all their combos. Maybe it's not home/away consistent, but the brand is.

Speaking of which, UA teasing a lot of grey for the MD unis, but the alumni emails said to wear red this weekend. Possible hint?

I think you could actually argue Maryland and Oregon DO have brand consistency, even with all their combos. Maybe it's not home/away consistent, but the brand is.

Speaking of which, UA teasing a lot of grey for the MD unis, but the alumni emails said to wear red this weekend. Possible hint?

I don't know if i'd throw Maryland in there, but yes Oregon does have a very good brand consistency. They have perfected the modern/experimental brand, much like Alabama has perfected the old school brand.

jNTsTyQ.png

Apparently Missouri is unveiling a new helmet tonight at 6:00. It looks similar to the helmet they wore last year. Maybe different colors.

If you stop it just right when it's at about 0:04 in, it looks like a brushed metal-type facemask, black shell, and silver tiger head.

sportscarfskczps1d52136.png

[mod edit] Trolling adds nothing to the conversation. If your comment has nothing to do with aesthetics, you know, the whole purpose of this particular thread, then find another sandbox to soil.

UyDgMWP.jpg

5th in NAT. TITLES  |  2nd in CONF. TITLES  |  5th in HEISMAN |  7th in DRAFTS |  8th in ALL-AMER  |  7th in WINS  |  4th in BOWLS |  1st in SELLOUTS  |  1st GAMEDAY SIGN

I don't know if i'd throw Maryland in there, but yes Oregon does have a very good brand consistency. They have perfected the modern/experimental brand, much like Alabama has perfected the old school brand.

Oregon has zero brand consistency. They change uniforms every four years and with last year's change they did a complete rebrand with new helmets, jerseys, pants, and number font. Combine the new designs with wearing random color combinations (except for green/yellow) they are actually creating brand inconsistency.

That's not saying a brand can't evolve and be consistent. Take FC Barcelona for example. Their design evolves every season yet through their crest and color scheme stay consistent.

Keep saying it... maybe if people repeat it often enough it'll actually come true.

Oregon has zero brand consistency. They change uniforms every four years and with last year's change they did a complete rebrand with new helmets, jerseys, pants, and number font. Combine the new designs with wearing random color combinations (except for green/yellow) they are actually creating brand inconsistency.

That's not saying a brand can't evolve and be consistent. Take FC Barcelona for example. Their design evolves every season yet through their crest and color scheme stay consistent.

I would have to say that all the changes IS Oregon's brand. Everyone who follows college football knows Oregon will be wearing a new uniform each week and has come to expect it. And let's be honest here 95% of Oregon's looks look great. Alabama, Texas and LSU have brands of being traditional looking teams. Oregon's brand is being cutting edge while still looking great.

Archived